Eotech sight problems

Hi

Having a few issues with an Eotech sight. With the sight mounted I really like the sight picture,but every time I shoot the gun I get a failed to eject,the cartridge hanging out off the ejection port.Remove the sight and everything is back to normal.I suspect that the cases are actually hitting the sight as they are being ejected and held up.I have tried moving the sight forward and aft but to no avail.My gun is a European spec Swat model which has the rail rivetted directly to the hinged receiver cover.This means the sight sits really low to the gun and directly on the centreline ,which is good,but is obviously too low to avoid interfering with the ejection sequence.I do have a side attached rail (BP-02),but with the rail on the top of the receiver there is not enough clearance to mount it.

Should I give up on the Eotech (which I really like) and try a smaller sight -any suggestions??

Or should I drill off the receiver cover mount and try the side rail mount,which will move the sight up about 1/2" and hopefully stop the FTE's.

Edited by dochoc

Holy Shit, don't remove that sight rail (or if you do, send it to me). Are you absolutely sure it's bouncing off the sight? I know we all have a sweet spot where we like our optics, but try moving it to the rear a bit or find a different sight. The EOTech's are low and a bit wide, if push comes to shove, I'd shop around for something smaller like one of the Docter/clones if you want it low before I'd remove that rail from the cover.

It would be cheaper to replace the cover if you want to try the side rail mount. What caliber gun you using btw? You could always just remove the cover and try the side mount. The gun should work for a few rounds without the cover on there just to test. Personally I like the eotech better on a forward rail like the ultimak. Better balance and all that.

edit to add, My preference for a forward mount might have something to do with the fact that I'm farsighted and cannot focus up close so ymmv.

Edited by HillBilly2
Hi

Having a few issues with an Eotech sight. With the sight mounted I really like the sight picture,but every time I shoot the gun I get a failed to eject,the cartridge hanging out off the ejection port.Remove the sight and everything is back to normal.I suspect that the cases are actually hitting the sight as they are being ejected and held up.I have tried moving the sight forward and aft but to no avail.My gun is a European spec Swat model which has the rail rivetted directly to the hinged receiver cover.This means the sight sits really low to the gun and directly on the centreline ,which is good,but is obviously too low to avoid interfering with the ejection sequence.I do have a side attached rail (BP-02),but with the rail on the top of the receiver there is not enough clearance to mount it.

Should I give up on the Eotech (which I really like) and try a smaller sight -any suggestions??

Or should I drill off the receiver cover mount and try the side rail mount,which will move the sight up about 1/2" and hopefully stop the FTE's.

What if you added rail that clamps on the existing rail to elevate the sight a bit? It will sit a little higher, but should move the sight out of the way enough. I guess that's the down side of bolting US sights on AK type weapons.

Holy Shit, don't remove that sight rail (or if you do, send it to me). Are you absolutely sure it's bouncing off the sight? I know we all have a sweet spot where we like our optics, but try moving it to the rear a bit or find a different sight. The EOTech's are low and a bit wide, if push comes to shove, I'd shop around for something smaller like one of the Docter/clones if you want it low before I'd remove that rail from the cover.

6500rpm.I have tried the sight in every available position on the rail from right back to full forward,and still get the same FTE.I cant think of any other reason apart from the cases hitting the sight that would cause the problem.It only does it with the sight on,as soon as I remove it problem gone.

It would be cheaper to replace the cover if you want to try the side rail mount. What caliber gun you using btw? You could always just remove the cover and try the side mount. The gun should work for a few rounds without the cover on there just to test. Personally I like the eotech better on a forward rail like the ultimak. Better balance and all that.

edit to add, My preference for a forward mount might have something to do with the fact that I'm farsighted and cannot focus up close so ymmv.

HillBilly2.Any idea where I could get a replacement cover from?.Its an S12.

HillBilly2.Any idea where I could get a replacement cover from?.Its an S12.

Tantal had some a couple of months ago. tantal@sbcglobal.net Send him an email and he'll get back to you.

Edited by HillBilly2

Had the exact same problem with the Eotech. I went to an Ultimak gas tube rail and problems went away. I think www.Saigastock.com has the covers, you may have to call them if it is not on the website.

Greg

Thanks to everybody who replied.So it seems that the BP-02 mount will not work either with this set up.I will have to either use a forward mount or try a smaller, narrower sight.

I had the same problem. Just move the sight back a couple of notches; that is all it took to get mine to run.

EDIT to add pic:

aks-006.jpg

Edited by Wombat
How is the cheek weld (if there is any) with an EOTech mounted on top? I would love to mount mine on my next Saiga, but I figured I would be best off going with a Tromix competition stock or an Ace with the cheek piece. Is it doable with a standard stock?

It is a really low on the cheek hold. Very heads up both eyes open and fast.