http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=...;load_modules=1

or

(same video)

...Preaching to the choir but stuff like this concern me if he is elected.

It doesn't bother me, but I'm an atheist. IMO, some things in the bible, especially in the OT seem to be a little harsh. I don't intend to attack your faith, this is just my opinion. You know what opinions are like.. That said, Obama is obviously not your typical Christian.

I wanted to add that Christians don't seem to have a problem picking their candidates or forming political opinions, who asked Obama? Also, what church, besides Obama's, would have cheered those words? Not many.

Edited by bigj480

well...he does kind of have a point. kind of, regarding the crazy stuff in leviticus and deuteronomy that people don't read or follow.

did you know its a sin to wear cotton/poly clothes? yes, it's a sin to wear mixed fibers.

i should actually be put to death for needing to wear eye glasses.

it's a sin to shave or trim the corners of your beard

it's a sin to sleep in the same bed as a woman who's on her period

it's a sin to eat crabs, lobster, crawfish, shrimp, pork

and when did christians stop needing to follow kosher dietary laws?

if the commandment says to keep the sabbath sacred, which sabbath? jews still do saturday, christians do sunday. where's the mix up? who's going to hell? i have a feeling even back then, jews kept good records and knew what day the sabbath fell on.

the list goes on and on.

there was a guy who was an atheist former-jew who decided to see if it was possible to live 100% biblically for 1 year. i saw him do a little lecture on youtube. i think his name was A.J. or something like that. the book he wrote about it was 'Living Biblically' i believe.

Edited by Modiano
well...he does kind of have a point. kind of, regarding the crazy stuff in leviticus and deuteronomy that people don't read or follow.

did you know its a sin to wear cotton/poly clothes? yes, it's a sin to wear mixed fibers.

i should actually be put to death for needing to wear eye glasses.

it's a sin to shave or trim the corners of your beard

it's a sin to sleep in the same bed as a woman who's on her period

it's a sin to eat crabs, lobster, crawfish, shrimp, pork

and when did christians stop needing to follow kosher dietary laws?

if the commandment says to keep the sabbath sacred, which sabbath? jews still do saturday, christians do sunday. where's the mix up? who's going to hell? i have a feeling even back then, jews kept good records and knew what day the sabbath fell on.

the list goes on and on.

there was a guy who was an atheist former-jew who decided to see if it was possible to live 100% biblically for 1 year. i saw him do a little lecture on youtube. i think his name was A.J. or something like that. the book he wrote about it was 'Living Biblically' i believe.

Dude, Christ forged a new covenant between man and God.....

"Changing the rules" so to speak enough to create a "New" religion known as Christianity.

A run through the "New Testament' should clear things up.....

+1 Juggernaut

I'm no religious debater by any means, but I do know the NT is considered the new convenant, and even that must be take in the context of the time during which it was written. My belief: the Bible is infallable, man's interpretation of it is not. Now lets go shoot some guns . . . at Obama targets.

I dont believe in the BOOKS. men wrote them.

I DO however, believe in the legend of Jesus. If NOTHING ELSE, he had it right, as a person. Everything aside, he knew how we should be to one another.....Jesus was one of the most excellent human beings to walk this earth.

With my sacriledge said and known to you all, I will say that I wont be having ANY man tell me what I will or wont believe, and I sure as shit wont put a president in power with my measly vote, that got gumptions of granduer from some exposure in liberia, which is a foreign country under pressure of problems.

I hate having to vote for the lesser of two evils. I do it anyway, but I dont like it, just the same as the rest of you.

The Christian belief on the Old Testament is that shows us our sin because we can't keep the law. The reason for that was to show us our need for a Saviour. Jesus fulfilled the law by paying the only price that would redeem us. This belief is held by all Christians, whether Roman Catholic, Reformed, Pentecostal, or independent. Contrary beliefs have consistently been rejected by the church as a whole, but keep trying to sneak back in the door under new names. A good old fashioned word for that is heresy. Different religions are different religions. Heresy is claiming to be something that it isn't.

What most don't realize is that many people, like Obama, are part of the visible church and identify as Christians but are ultimately pluralists or universalists. If they just admitted that they were universalists like some of the founding fathers did, we could all get along and respectfully disagree. But continuing to identify as mainline Christians is a deception. Christians didn't dislike or distrust Lieberman for being a Jew, because he was honest about the fact that he believed in a different religion. Obama is distrusted because many people see him claiming to be something he isn't.

Edited by BattleRifleG3

He sure does like to use Bible verses in his speeches.

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=...;load_modules=1

or

(same video)

...Preaching to the choir but stuff like this concern me if he is elected.

I know what I want to say, but I cant say it the right way, so Im just saying this to say that I want to say something, and just cant say it right! :)

how many of you know what "far right wing" and "liberal leftist" actaully means?

something is gonna happen guys, watch. I hope that our leaders fight back, and not get bought anymore. regardless of who they might be.

hell, maybe we SHOULD toss a liberal in there. why not? how could it get any worse?

if they repeal the 2nd amendment, - edited - simple. I honestly think this might be our worst week as a nation, if it ever happens. But, all else, im up for it. it cant get much worse, really. IT can, but when we shut down corn and wheat for the planet, I think they might listen. Hell, they will just make fuel out of it and charge us an arm ad a leg for 1970's tech!!! hell, what a profit, right?!

this is BULLSHIT guys. and you know it is! .....

Give me a fucking break already. WE are the nation of the combined collective, and WE are the inventors, the scientists, the hard liners, the politicians, the innovators, the makers, the enforceers, and the FUNDERS of it.

It stops when we tell the rich to stop it. I dont think they know how to listen, really, to be honest.