I am trying to decide which might work better for distant plates and spinners. The #4 with it's smaller shot and larger pattern might be slightly more forgiving of an off-center hit.

What do, "all ya'all" (I miss the South) think?

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

Edited by IPSC_GUY

I've had good luck using S&B #4 buck and a tight choke on heavy reactive steel. It seems to feed a bit more reliably in the Saiga-12 due to it's sightly longer length and roll crimp. Plus it's cheap as you can find it around $5 a box of ten rounds.

I've had good luck using S&B #4 buck and a tight choke on heavy reactive steel. It seems to feed a bit more reliably in the Saiga-12 due to it's sightly longer length and roll crimp. Plus it's cheap as you can find it around $5 a box of ten rounds.

Thanks I will look for some at that price.

Neither of the ranges that I shoot at allow buck on plates because of ricochets. We do bird at plates, buck at pins/wood/paper. Bird bounces back off of wood and pins.

Some of the matches out here in the West we shoot a large amount of buck shot on plates (with eyepro ofcourse). I have never experienced splatter from Buck Shot. Lots from regular pistol rounds but never shotgun stuff.

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

Edited by IPSC_GUY

Thanks I will look for some at that price.

Neither of the ranges that I shoot at allow buck on plates because of ricochets. We do bird at plates, buck at pins/wood/paper. Bird bounces back off of wood and pins.

Some of the matches out here in the West we shoot a large amount of buck shot on plates (with eyepro ofcourse). I have never experienced splatter from Buck Shot. Lots from regular pistol rounds but never shotgun stuff.

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

member3941.png

Yeah, buck moves too slow for splatter or something. The richocheted rounds that I've seen (00 buck) just have a flat side on them.