Privi Partizan 75 Grain VS Wolf steel 75 grain 5.56mm.

Ok I finally got to the range with both of these ammos. All I did was set up for 100 yards on a bench with a bipod and fire 10 rounds of each through a chrome lined, 1/7 twist, 16 inch, LMT MRP.

Now the Privi has been sold by Wolf as "Wolf Gold" but it is the 75 grain BTHP Privi ammo.

Everything functioned 100% the rest of the day and I ran through about 50 more rounds of the Privi and and other 200 of the Wolf.

With out further addo,

PICS

75 grain Privi 10 round group measures in at just under 1.75 inches.

75grain001.jpg

75grain002.jpg

75 Grin Wolf 10 round group measures in at 4.75 inches

75grain003.jpg

75grain.jpg

So the wolf does open up a bit but at 2/3rds the price it provides a plinking ammo that "approximates" my 75 grain favorite, the Privi.

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

Edited by IPSC_GUY

That Privi Partizan 75 gr match ammo is the best deal going target shooting. It rivals the 75 gr Black hills, and groups better that the Hornady 75 gr loads, although its slower than both. I get REGULAR 1/2 MOA at 100yds with the Privi - it is an outstanding value IMO for those who do not reload.

Oh, by the way I shoot it out of a 20" SS bull BBL with a 1-8 twist, and Zeiss glass helps.

post-10946-1219901571_thumb.jpg

wolf makes some of the best in the world target 22LR ammo. Im sure the extra match Wolf 22LR WAS used in beijing this year.

the russians arent kidding about the quality ammo thing. It almost seems like they cold drop the powder or something, round by round.

you guys missing out, go buy a 50 round box of the 5 bucks a box 22lr you see at the store. yeh its a lot, but man is it consistant.

The expensive Russian made ammo, if its a common caliber, and considered MATCH ammo, is quite a thing to behold. I have nothing but good things to say about all of it, actually. It will hit your wallet, but its damn good stuff.

Very glad to see some more making it in-country, or at least that we all hear about.

wolf makes some of the best in the world target 22LR ammo. I'm sure the extra match Wolf 22LR WAS used in beijing this year.

the Russians aren't kidding about the quality ammo thing. It almost seems like they cold drop the powder or something, round by round.

you guys missing out, go buy a 50 round box of the 5 bucks a box 22lr you see at the store. yeh its a lot, but man is it consistant.

The expensive Russian made ammo, if its a common caliber, and considered MATCH ammo, is quite a thing to behold. I have nothing but good things to say about all of it, actually. It will hit your wallet, but its damn good stuff.

Very glad to see some more making it in-country, or at least that we all hear about.

I am a big fan of the Wolf .22 ammo. It is made by SK Jagd in Germany and it is very consistent.

A very old fellow who used to come out to the range where I worked, swore by the stuff. He would challenge anyone to shoot against him at 200 yards with his old BSA Martini and his Wolf ammo. I think he weighed each and every round on a gram scale. Anyway, no one ever beat the old codger.

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

Edited by IPSC_GUY