check my shopping list?

So.... my 7.62x39 just has finally made it into my trembling hands, and now it's time to get to work.

Can I get opinions on my shopping list?

- Tapco SAW grip (does this come with the nut that I'll need?)

- ACE folding stock (should I go with the internal mount? or the one that attaches to the tang?)

(and - can the rifle be fired with the stock folded?)

- Tapco single hook FCG

By my math that should have me 922R compliant... but will it remain so if I add non-US full-cap magazines?

Thanks!

Edited by fmiller4

The SAW grip I got did not come with the PG nut. I suspect you'll need to buy one separately.

The ACE universal mount is easier to use (easier to use the nylon plugs to fill the holes, no need to cut/grind off the receiver tang, and no issues with PG nuts), but it doesn't look as good. It also adds to the overall length of pull, so choose the stock length accordingly if you use one. The rifle can be fired with the stock folded to the left. Folded to the right, it may interfere with the charging handle.

The count looks OK (14 countable foreign parts - 1 for U.S. stock -3 for U.S. FCG = 10 countable foreign parts). You would still be OK with foreign hi-cap mags. After all, the factory mags are foreign made. Keep in mind that, without a bullet guide, your hi-cap mag options are limited (Surefire Gun Mags metal or polymer mags, the very hard to come by factory 30 round mags, etc.).

Edited by hogdog
  • 2 weeks later...
So.... my 7.62x39 just has finally made it into my trembling hands, and now it's time to get to work.

- ACE folding stock (should I go with the internal mount? or the one that attaches to the tang?)

- Tapco single hook FCG

By my math that should have me 922R compliant... but will it remain so if I add non-US full-cap magazines?

Thanks!

You forgot the pin retainer plate.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/49761-1.html

- Tapco single hook FCG

Thanks!

I bought a standard 'donkey dick' PG from tapco, can't remember if it came with nut and screw, can't say about SAW grip.

US made FCG and stock should be enough by my count, you should be able to use factory/imported mags in it too.

If you only changed the stock (IE: the buttstock with pistol grip attached that does not require moving FCG in receiver), then you'd be safe with domestic mags, but 3 parts over with factory mags.

You should be fine with what you got there.