What front grip options area available for the saiga 223 that dont require smithing...

http://www.dinzagarms.com/furniture/tapco/hg_fusion_blk.jpg

what all do i need to install something like that? and what other good options are there..

thanks

As far as I know none of them require any more than disassembly of the rifle. Of course you will need in addition to the HG:

Standard AK gas tube

Lower hand guard retainer

You can get both from dinzag for about 60 bucks. If you can use an allen wrench you should be able to handle this.

Well, yes and no. I have the Tapco Fusion HG on my 223. Like Virtuoso said, you'll need a replacement gas tube and HG retainer that can both be had from Dinzag.

The lower half of the Fusion HG has a notch on the inside that prevents it from seating flush with the receiver, so you'll need to grind it down with a dremel, but it's fairly easy with a hand file also. I really like the integrated lower pic rail and would highly recommend it.

IMG_0677.JPG

Well, yes and no. I have the Tapco Fusion HG on my 223. Like Virtuoso said, you'll need a replacement gas tube and HG retainer that can both be had from Dinzag.

The lower half of the Fusion HG has a notch on the inside that prevents it from seating flush with the receiver, so you'll need to grind it down with a dremel, but it's fairly easy with a hand file also. I really like the integrated lower pic rail and would highly recommend it.

IMG_0677.JPG

thanks thats exactly what im looking for..

What front grip options area available for the saiga 223 that dont require smithing...

what all do i need to install something like that? and what other good options are there..

thanks

I put an AR-15 carbine STANAG rail/grip on my factory Saiga forend - got it by accident from Midway (it was worth a bit more than what I had actually ordered, so I didn't complain ;>). Only because I've got a folding stock aft (and I kind of wanted to see if it would fit ;>). I personally recommend against a lot of different configurations for the firearms you use - I'm guessing neither you nor I are 'Rambo'. (Just a guess! ;>) Two screws, fits well enough, but kind of 'ho-hum.' Good idea, I think, if you've got a folder, and figure you're going to have to use it to defend your taxi cab from zombies, but otherwise I would go 'box stock' forend or equivalent...

thanks

I put an AR-15 carbine STANAG rail/grip on my factory Saiga forend - got it by accident from Midway (it was worth a bit more than what I had actually ordered, so I didn't complain ;>). Only because I've got a folding stock aft (and I kind of wanted to see if it would fit ;>). I personally recommend against a lot of different configurations for the firearms you use - I'm guessing neither you nor I are 'Rambo'. (Just a guess! ;>) Two screws, fits well enough, but kind of 'ho-hum.' Good idea, I think, if you've got a folder, and figure you're going to have to use it to defend your taxi cab from zombies, but otherwise I would go 'box stock' forend or equivalent...

the thing i like about that fusion foregrip is it allows the rail to be hidden under a cover.. meaning i can use the weapon in a traditional ak setup with no front pistol grip OR i can easily ad on a front pistol grip... the truth is im building up the weapon in such a way that its easy for me to alter its configuration on the fly for different "types" of shooting..

im still not sure that i want to spend all the money it will take to do this..

thank you for your input

Edited by DamagedWorld
im still not sure that i want to spend all the money it will take to do this..

One BIG advantage of converting a Saiga - you can spend money just a little bit at a time, and still end up with a superb product!

;>)