So.... my 7.62x39 just has finally made it into my trembling hands, and now it's time to get to work.

Can I get opinions on my shopping list?

- Tapco SAW grip (does this come with the nut that I'll need?)

- ACE folding stock (should I go with the internal mount? or the one that attaches to the tang?)

(and can the rifle be fired when the stock is folded?)

- Tapco single hook FCG

By my math that should have me 922R compliant... but will it remain so if I add non-US full-cap magazines?

Thanks!

(and by the way - which forum is best to post questions like this: the general conversions forum or the rifle-specific forum?)

Edited by fmiller4
So.... my 7.62x39 just has finally made it into my trembling hands, and now it's time to get to work.

Can I get opinions on my shopping list?

- Tapco SAW grip (does this come with the nut that I'll need?)

- ACE folding stock (should I go with the internal mount? or the one that attaches to the tang?)

(and can the rifle be fired when the stock is folded?)

- Tapco single hook FCG

By my math that should have me 922R compliant... but will it remain so if I add non-US full-cap magazines?

Thanks!

(and by the way - which forum is best to post questions like this: the general conversions forum or the rifle-specific forum?)

No nut with athe saw grip,

Ace block is a personal choice, the internal looks better to me, but the external allows removal of items on the side mount rail without stock removal. Firing while folded depends on which way the stock folds.

I count 5 towards 922r.

I see you didn't mention a feed ramp, I think you might need one for the Magazines.

Looks good to me.

With that list, you're replacing 4 "counted" parts, with US made ones, so you'd be compliant even with foreign made mags. The pistol grip doesn't technically count towards compliance, because it's not replacing anything. But using a US made grip saves you from having to swap out another part.