SGM tactical rear rail system?

http://www.gilbertsguns.com/Rifles/Saiga/S...d68c409fce91189

Hmmm....says it's composite (plastic) rail. You'll obviously lose the rear sight, but I like the Hk peep sights that you could mount.

Also, a new to mkt. Saiga front handguard:

Still I draw the line on the pic rail, breaks up the good, classic AK lines. -IMHO

Yeah I just received mine in the mail today from SaigaStock.com. In the instruction it says you have to disengage the rear iron sight. I wish they would of told me that BEFORE I purchased it!

pics?

Haven't installed it yet. It has me worried. In the instruction sheet it says that the rear sight will flip up at Mach 1 speeds when you disengage it. I'm going to take it to a gunsmith and have someone with the right tools to do it so I don't lose a finger!

The rear sight actually pops out pretty easy with a screw driver.Just make sure to have the rifle on something fairly solid so it doesnt slide away on you.

I started to put one on too,just pop the screwdriver down and towards the back and it will shoot a little bit,just cover it with a rag or something.

The rear sight actually pops out pretty easy with a screw driver.Just make sure to have the rifle on something fairly solid so it doesnt slide away on you.

I started to put one on too,just pop the screwdriver down and towards the back and it will shoot a little bit,just cover it with a rag or something.

Now where exactly to you hit? It says a groove but I don't know which one they're talking about.

Now where exactly to you hit? It says a groove but I don't know which one they're talking about.

Right above where the pin is.The spring pressure keeps it tight so you need to just overcome that and it pops out towards the back.

One thing I did notice on mine is theres some extra stock underneath the back to shape it nicely to your stock.Also the pins can be trimmed to keep it all tight in back.

Edited by rd99fxdl

Right above where the pin is.The spring pressure keeps it tight so you need to just overcome that and it pops out towards the back.

One thing I did notice on mine is theres some extra stock underneath the back to shape it nicely to your stock.Also the pins can be trimmed to keep it all tight in back.

Oh, so on the side of the sight where that gap like hole is at?

Yep that's it just put your squrewdriver in that notch and push down, like the other guy said put a small rag on the sight so it dosen't go flying onless your like me and you can pop it out and grab it as it's flying through the air, I got luckie!!!

Dont let some one do it for you it's a pice of cake most likely the easyest part of working on a AK, Just do it...

Nailer

Yep that's it just put your squrewdriver in that notch and push down, like the other guy said put a small rag on the sight so it dosen't go flying onless your like me and you can pop it out and grab it as it's flying through the air, I got luckie!!!

Dont let some one do it for you it's a pice of cake most likely the easyest part of working on a AK, Just do it...

Nailer

Nailer

I'm sorry but I still can't get it or probably not understanding you fully. Is it possible that you can take a picture and show me where to place the screwdriver?

I'm sorry but I still can't get it or probably not understanding you fully. Is it possible that you can take a picture and show me where to place the screwdriver?

1) Lift the sight so that it's pointing straight up from the rifle (so if you sight down it, you'll be looking at the ends of the rear sight block and gas tube)

2) Sight down it to the very bottom of the sight leaf. You will see a leaf spring sticking out just past the leaf.

3) Press this leaf spring down with a screwdriver, and once the spring pressure is removed, the sight leaf will come right out with a little wiggle.

1) Lift the sight so that it's pointing straight up from the rifle (so if you sight down it, you'll be looking at the ends of the rear sight block and gas tube)

2) Sight down it to the very bottom of the sight leaf. You will see a leaf spring sticking out just past the leaf.

3) Press this leaf spring down with a screwdriver, and once the spring pressure is removed, the sight leaf will come right out with a little wiggle.

I still don't know how to do it. I need like a picture or video. I'm a visual learner!

Ok. Do you see the round end sticking out past the sight leaf on the right side?

It has to be depressed to relieve pressure off the sight leaf.

Once it's depressed, you can just remove the leaf with a sideways rocking motion.

akm-site-leaf-spring.jpg

Ok. Do you see the round end sticking out past the sight leaf on the right side?

It has to be depressed to relieve pressure off the sight leaf.

Once it's depressed, you can just remove the leaf with a sideways rocking motion.

akm-site-leaf-spring.jpg

Ok thanks. I see it, but what's the best way to depress it? Like with a Phillip's head or Flat head?

Ok thanks. I see it, but what's the best way to depress it? Like with a Phillip's head or Flat head?

Most folks use a flat head.

don't know if you ordered that plastic one or not, but the same site has the old style dpharms metal one for $20 more.....

Alright well do you have to get behind the cylinder or what?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions. Your probably gettin annoyed by knowledge of nothing!

Press the part where the arrows are pointing.

So I've press down and towards the stock with all my strength and everything else, which revolves around the same thing, but still no movement.

Is there a fool-proof way that you know of?

Hmmm....says it's composite (plastic) rail. You'll obviously lose the rear sight, but I like the Hk peep sights that you could mount.

Also, a new to mkt. Saiga front handguard:

Still I draw the line on the pic rail, breaks up the good, classic AK lines. -IMHO

I can't ever get Gilbert's Guns website to work!