Gun Show Raping

Holy Smokes!! I was at the orlando last weekend, every STOCK saiga .308 was $600 and over. They wanted $675 for the long barrel. I sure hope nobody got one at this price. I thought the guy selling shoulda at least had some KY sitting by them. What the hell happened, last time I saw them there the same guy had them for like $385ish. I guess I'm glad I got my VER 21 from the Jax show for $489.

Holy Smokes!! I was at the orlando last weekend, every STOCK saiga .308 was $600 and over. They wanted $675 for the long barrel. I sure hope nobody got one at this price. I thought the guy selling shoulda at least had some KY sitting by them. What the hell happened, last time I saw them there the same guy had them for like $385ish. I guess I'm glad I got my VER 21 from the Jax show for $489.

its capitalism at its finest ,supply and demand or (lets see how much they will pay for it )

weak dollar in world market . who knows, i feel the same way at the gas pump and grocerie store

Well, not a gunshow but a gunshop in my area has a Saiga 308 with 20" barrel for under $600. I think it was in the $580 range. Yes, capitalism at its finest. The Ruskies found something we are willing to pay through the nose for. All I can say is get one soon before Obama gets the White House and Russian imports are banned due to the Georgia crisis thing. Got 7.62X39?

Edited by Saigaczech
All I can say is get one soon before Obama gets the White House and Russian imports are banned due to the Georgia crisis thing. Got 7.62X39?

Roger that, You will be lucky to be able to buy a BB gun if Barry gets in and until then expect ALL guns and ammo and over 10 round mags to exponentially increase in cost . just like before the last AWB.

• 1 month later...

Got a NIB .308 Saiga, 21" barrel, yesterday at Knob Creek (the range's gunshop, not another vendor) for $489 out the door. It is the standard version with the black synthetic furniture and "sporter" stock. Actually, I intend to keep it that way as I wanted a .308 "long gun", kinda like a poor man's M-14. Add a Mojo peep and I might hit one of the "Appleseed" classes! Oh, and replace the sling loops with wider ones so I can "sling up".

Not to hijack, but I took an "Appleseed" class with an M-14 clone (that gave me fits BTW!) and it was a nice back-to-basics class. Highly recommended.

Edited by ABNAK

I went to a local gun show a week or two ago here in MD, and it was kind of the same way. One vendor would have a stock Saiga for $600+, the next for $350, and the next would have a converted (Cheap, with real thin and flimsy PG) for $650. I even had one vendor tell me I could get a .223 or .308 for ~$380, the shotties were around ~$450 (didn't matter what GA), but the 7.62x39 was going to cost $650 STOCK if he could even find one.

I called around, and ended up finding someone that had a 7.62x39 in 16" (stock) for $420 OTD NIB. Still $100+ more expensive than when I priced them out a few months ago, but what are you going to do I guess. Elections are coming up, people are buying rifles like crazy, and supposedly they are hard to get right now.

All I can say is get one soon before Obama gets the White House and Russian imports are banned due to the Georgia crisis thing. Got 7.62X39?

Roger that, You will be lucky to be able to buy a BB gun if Barry gets in and until then expect ALL guns and ammo and over 10 round mags to exponentially increase in cost . just like before the last AWB.

You got it... This is why I started buying up as many assault rifles and pistols as I could afford about 8 months ago to date. I buy hi-caps and ammo every chance I get. It's all gonna come crashing down within the next 12 months IMO.

It has little or nothing to do with Georgia, that was really Bush's baby and I don't think Barry Hussein could care less. It has everything to do with guns being the root of all evil. For example, we all know that guns are banned in DC and they have the lowest crime rate in the country :rolleyes:

But the closer we get to November the higher the price will go, and if the vote does close DEM then it will only go down hill from there...

The ensuing shitstorm we all may face could be to our benefit...if another ban is enacted, we do have a precedent with the recent SCOTUS ruling to challenge that bullshit. I say let the fuckers do what they THINK is right and then let us hand their asses back to them by challenging it. They do need their asses kicked for once and for all...take it all the way back to NFA '34. :devil:

Edited by Surly
The ensuing shitstorm we all may face could be to our benefit...if another ban is enacted, we do have a precedent with the recent SCOTUS ruling to challenge that bullshit. I say let the fuckers do what they THINK is right and then let us hand their asses back to them by challenging it. They do need their asses kicked for once and for all...take it all the way back to NFA '34. :devil:

You mean like, losing both houses in '06 was supposed to ultimately benefit us? I think you are deluding yourself, if you think that we'll be able to challenge another ban using the courts. The Heller decision specifically allows certain classes of weapons to be prohibited, without giving any specifics. That gives them a hole big enough to drive just about anything through, given the right court. And to think that a challenge could reach the supremes before BHO has the opportunity to appoint at least one, if not two, justices is unrealistic. Heller was overall a good thing for us, but if we have to depend on it, we have already lost.

Edited by Netpackrat

With three of four justices getting close to retirement or death, the next president will shape the way the US Supreme Court will decide our rights including the Second Amendment. We don't want the Islamic leftist Obama appointing them. If we get McCain he may get a chance to replace Ruth Bader Meinhoff Ginsburgh and the other leftist 'justices' otherwise we're going to get the worst judges and justices who may want to use Islamic law in place of the US Consitution.