Best option to add muzzle brake to NON-threaded barrel?

This is actually exactly what you're looking for - http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=26908&hl= .

But I checked his site, and I didn't see them. Maybe you can get a hold of him to see when they are coming out.

No offence, but I wouldn't hold my breath on DPH's muzzle brake. I placed my order in May, and have yet to receive it. I called him twice since then, and was told their machinist would be machinining a batch the following week to go out for delivery. I never saw the brakes go back on the web site, and never received mine.

This is actually exactly what you're looking for - http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=26908&hl= .

But I checked his site, and I didn't see them. Maybe you can get a hold of him to see when they are coming out.

No offence, but I wouldn't hold my breath on DPH's muzzle brake. I placed my order in May, and have yet to receive it. I called him twice since then, and was told their machinist would be machinining a batch the following week to go out for delivery. I never saw the brakes go back on the web site, and never received mine.

Damn, that sucks. I won't be ordering for a little while anyway actually.

-Joe

Yeah, I checked too, and didn't see them. But this is exactly what the OP needs, so hopefully they start selling them soon.

I have a seen a couple of adapters out there.

What do you think the best option is for this? Due to having a pistol grip in NJ, I cannot have a threaded barrel too. What are my options?

thanks

-Joe

Could you thread it and then weld, silver solder, or blind pin it? OR is even a permanent brake out of the question in Jersey?

What do you think the best option is for this? Due to having a pistol grip in NJ, I cannot have a threaded barrel too. What are my options?

thanks

-Joe

Could you thread it and then weld, silver solder, or blind pin it? OR is even a permanent brake out of the question in Jersey?

Not really sure about that, I just know that a threaded barrel is a no no.

-Joe

Dinzag sold me a tack welded a muzzle brake on a new FSB (with cleaning rod holder). Was very reasonable cost (far far less than having the barrel threaded then brake welded on).

Reach out to him he can help. Great guy.

Saigacomplete.jpg

Dinzag sold me a tack welded a muzzle brake on a new FSB (with cleaning rod holder). Was very reasonable cost (far far less than having the barrel threaded then brake welded on).

Saigacomplete.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys. That makes sense I guess, if it is welded.

I love the look of your Saiga. Would you mind going into details about the furniture, grip?

That is the 15 round mag right? Which one would you recommend? There don't seem to be tons of options out there for 15 round mags.

-Joe

Saigacomplete.jpg

I love the look of your Saiga. Would you mind going into details about the furniture, grip?

That is the 15 round mag right? Which one would you recommend? There don't seem to be tons of options out there for 15 round mags.

-Joe

Is that actually a flash suppressor though? I can't have one if I'm using a pistol grip. Ughhhh.

-Joe

Saigacomplete.jpg

-Joe

Is that actually a flash suppressor though? I can't have one if I'm using a pistol grip. Ughhhh.

-Joe

One more newb question: Whats does FSB stand for? Please don't throw any tomatoes at me... :unsure:

-Joe

-Joe

No, it is a muzzle brake and here is the way that Bob Ash so very well explained it to me. A muzzle brake has slots that are perpendicular to the barrel. A flash hider has slots that are parallel to the barrel.

Muzzle Brake

post-5354-1220139077.jpg

Flash Hider

post-5354-1220139082_thumb.jpg

-Joe

No, it is a muzzle brake and here is the way that Bob Ash so very well explained it to me. A muzzle brake has slots that are perpendicular to the barrel. A flash hider has slots that are parallel to the barrel.

Muzzle Brake

post-5354-1220139077.jpg

Flash Hider

Thanks for the clarification!

-Joe

Joe, thanks for the compliment. I actually have this site to thank for all the help!

- Furniture - KVar black Nato length stock kit (US parts). - (bought at KVar).

All the following purchased from Dinzag

- Front sight base, threads turned down (no bayo lug), muzzle brake welded on, barrel pin to press new FSB on

- Tapco G2 trigger kit modded for saiga

- bullet guide kit

- Lower handguard retainer - bolt on

- Ak gas tube

- Cleaning rod

For magazines, Im going with either double stack Chinese 10 rounders, or modded 30 to 15 rounders (cut down 30's)

- touch up paint for bottom of receiver- youll need it after you cut off trigger guard etc from stock saiga (BBQ high heat touch up paint - think its rustoleum)

Hope this helps - IM me if you need any help.

Edited by Larain60

Can you use a threaded adapter? I used to have one on my Saiga until I threaded my barrel. It was held by four set screws which had Loctite on the threads. One time it shot off and I had to go 30 yards downrange to retrieve it. I later reinstalled it with super glue which held it in place.

-Joe

Muzzle Brake

post-5354-1220139077.jpg

Flash Hider

Damn, that's a good way to tell. I've never thought about it that way. I always went on the fact that brakes have an inner diameter almost the same size as the bore, while the inner diameter of a FH is opened up.

About 15 round mags, I remember reading you could use these - http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?Id=6adb...16-525485097a84 in your factory 10 round mags, and it would now hold 15 rounds. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That makes 2 of us, more people as well i'm sure. It's going on 4 months now, i want my money back.

Edited by Bulla

No offense taken on my part.....the one thing I cant control is the shop that we use. They give us CNC time just like all of their other customers. We did not fore see the problems with the original design and therefore the CNC time that we had ran out on us. The new design is there and it is rock solid. I talked to the shop last week and they are telling me that they should be running them in the next 2 weeks. Again, I cant control that. If this were something that we were not going to do....I would let everyone know. Just give us a few more weeks.

Scott

Thanks for the reply Scott. It is nice to see you on here and getting the word out.

Amen on the machine shop though....every order they get is always a "priority" order for someone. Ive got a shop engine shop down the street and they run a dyno too. Man, that place is always hopping and there are always guys looking to get some time in there ;)

No offense taken on my part.....the one thing I cant control is the shop that we use. They give us CNC time just like all of their other customers. We did not fore see the problems with the original design and therefore the CNC time that we had ran out on us. The new design is there and it is rock solid. I talked to the shop last week and they are telling me that they should be running them in the next 2 weeks. Again, I cant control that. If this were something that we were not going to do....I would let everyone know. Just give us a few more weeks.

Scott

OK. Thanks for the response. I'm really looking forward to the brake once it comes in, I have my order in already, and will probably be ordering the flash hider once that comes in as well.

Scott

OK. Thanks for the response. I'm really looking forward to the brake once it comes in, I have my order in already, and will probably be ordering the flash hider once that comes in as well.

I talked to the shop today and he said he will deliver them to me at the Charlotte Gun Show on the 14th of this month...........not much longer.

scott

About 15 round mags, I remember reading you could use these - http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?Id=6adb...16-525485097a84 in your factory 10 round mags, and it would now hold 15 rounds. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If you don't want to buy those followers you can cut yours down. The rear of the follower should be marked at 1" thats from the flat area of the top of the follower. Mark the front at 3/4" where the follower is open, now connect the lines and cut .(I used tin snips) The pointy things in the plastic inner base plate need to go. Now trim the spring,as I count 14 coils one side 15 other side,cut to 8-9. Slap that back together and your GTG. I tested mine and it runs good and tapco aint got my cash. This works on factory 10 rd 7.62X39 only!!!! If you try this mod on another type of mag and fuck it up please don't blame me. You should of payed more attention when taking them apart. Now I have heard some of the mags have little guide rails for the follower so don't cut down that far.

Edited by SJgunguy24
  • 1 month later...

If you don't want to buy those followers you can cut yours down. The rear of the follower should be marked at 1" thats from the flat area of the top of the follower. Mark the front at 3/4" where the follower is open, now connect the lines and cut .(I used tin snips) The pointy things in the plastic inner base plate need to go. Now trim the spring,as I count 14 coils one side 15 other side,cut to 8-9. Slap that back together and your GTG. I tested mine and it runs good and tapco aint got my cash. This works on factory 10 rd 7.62X39 only!!!! If you try this mod on another type of mag and fuck it up please don't blame me. You should of payed more attention when taking them apart. Now I have heard some of the mags have little guide rails for the follower so don't cut down that far.

Any update on news the non- threaded muzzle break ?

Thanks - Manny