ar mag adapter

Sorry to hijack the thread but with the price of the gun to convert it and buy the mag adapter why would u just not buy an ar15. Im an ak person all the way but i just dnt understand the obsession about ar mags. The price of good ar mags aint much cheaper than 5.56 ak mags jmho.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hijack the thread but with the price of the gun to convert it and buy the mag adapter why would u just not buy an ar15. Im an ak person all the way but i just dnt understand the obsession about ar mags. The price of good ar mags aint much cheaper than 5.56 ak mags jmho.

Why not start a new thread, then?

Depends on how you look at it. What if you already own both types of guns? Why would you want to purchase 2 styles of mags when you can get one that is rebuildable to fit both? Also what about reduced magazine capacity laws in those states that have them. What if 15 rounds was it.... then what? most AK are 30 rounds.... this gives you the solution of getting the max capacity based on your local laws.

All in all the utility of the idea is what you make of it.

(W)hy would (yo)u just... buy an ar15(?).

Wasn't it Hillary who said, "Because it's there."

The price of good ar mags aint much cheaper than 5.56 ak mags jmho.

I have a stack of perfectly good, functional AR mags, which are no more expensive than the AK budget AIM or Sportsman's Guide variety... and alot cheaper than anything else in .223/5.56 for the AK.

If it were about the money... I wouldn't have the BRD! I can build and AR for what it would cost me to do a Saiga AR magwell conversion, but I have a spare parts box (correction: boxes). My saiga with bullet guide, modded Galil and Weiger mags, and the requisite compliance parts is an inexpensive and welcomed addition to my collection. But the idea of an AR magwell adapter (not mentioning my 2 UA mag adapters still in grease-paper) is exciting. I bought the mag adapters before I bought my .223 Saiga (premonition?).

I don't "need" nor is it cost effective to add another weapon to my collection. In fact, save for the rifle and shotgun used in hunting, this sport is not cost effective.

But Ain't it FUN!

buckmeister

Are the new ones being made gonna need all the mods of the imi adaptor or are they more of a insert adaptor with a bullet guide and your ready to go. Im kinda interested now.

Post # 42

The front trunion needs relieved for the AR mag to fit at the correct height.

Hi, I'm just wondering if there's been any progress on this project. Pictures, rumors, crude drawings on cocktail napkins. Anything. It's very exciting, and given current political developments I'm eager to get my order in and secure one ASAP. God knows what we'll be new laws we'll be seeing come January--or sooner. Thanks.

Hi, I'm just wondering if there's been any progress on this project. Pictures, rumors, crude drawings on cocktail napkins. Anything. It's very exciting, and given current political developments I'm eager to get my order in and secure one ASAP. God knows what we'll be new laws we'll be seeing come January--or sooner. Thanks.

I will have information available real soon in the business membership section under Magnolia State Armory.

That is an exciting addition to the 5.56 Saiga.

Let me know just as soon as you have them ready to ship, as I would love a pair of these so I could use the boxes and boxes of AR15 mags.

BIGGER_HAMMER

I agree.

And I would love to purchase one (or two.... maybe three) of these fine sounding pieces of awesomeness...