drum dry lube, is it needed on these?

i have been wondering about something i have owneddifferent drums in the past and the sythetic materials they were made of were always advertised as needing no lubrication but alway ended up needing some sort of graphite or other dry lube. anyone that helped in the developement of these know if an added dry lube will be beneficial or needed at all? i seem to remember reading in a post somewhere that the material had some natural lubricity properties of its own....i am wondering this because all of the 10 rounders i bought from fb worked way better with some remington dry film lube squirted down the insides. beta mags i used to own wernt so finicky but they were feeding brass not plastic shot shells.

Graphite is Ok... I also tried Remington dry lube.. if you use to much...you will have problems worse than any you may have had.... I don't know that even applied in the correct portion that it helped at all.

I have never got to try one of the MD Drums, but have used a thin coat silicon paste wax on the MGW 90 round drums for my M4 and the old 10-22 Ruger 50 round teardrop drums. I have found that to make a great dry lube.

WOW! First let me say thanks for posting something of actual use in Mike's section! It's refreshing to look at a topic here that isn't about whining.

:super:

Since mine (and the others) is only a beta tester, and hasn't got the upgrades that the new ones will have, that's kind of irrelevant. (wear patterns) I haven't noticed much, if any wear on the parts that will be the same in the final run.

What I'm saying is, one of the main upgrades was to change the feed angle into the tower. That is where the only real resistance is in the beta drums. I could see that showing wear after time, but the new ones won't have that problem so....

Only other issue, besides a small assembly problem in the first run, (also fixed) is the dummy round sometimes pops out the top, but that too was addressed in the final changes to the molds.

I've used mine completely dry with no graphite or anything and it doesn't need it.

This may be a dumb question but I have to ask.

The dummy round. After the last round has been fired, and the weapon cycles forward, does the bolt make contact on the forward (highest) part of the dummy round and if so, does it wear on the material?

I know you guys have beta drums and there were changes made, but this is something I have been curious about.

I was thinking of if possible, and needed using a empty brass 2.5 inch case as the dummy round.

Yes I do have too much time on my hands B)

This may be a dumb question but I have to ask.

The dummy round. After the last round has been fired, and the weapon cycles forward, does the bolt make contact on the forward (highest) part of the dummy round and if so, does it wear on the material?

That's not a dumb question at all. In fact if those WM clowns had thought about that, theirs wouldn't look like this after just a few hundred rds... :lolol:

post-1293-1220392887_thumb.jpg

or this...

post-1293-1220393074_thumb.jpg

Mike did think of that however. :smoke:

post-1293-1220393469_thumb.jpg

Also look at how much cheaper and easier it could be replaced if it ever did need it.

Damm that WM drum looks chewed to hell. Its a shame when you think of the work they put into making the damm thing and how it turned out.

I kinda figured the dummy round in Mikes drum would be replacable, just a matter of Mike making them avaliable.

Thanks for the pics Cobra.

Waltham great questions and great answers Cobra. Finally good info and no bleeding assholes. Hey Cobra can the Wraithmaker be salvaged or is there no point. Does yours work by the way ( wraithmaker), hate to go off subject but I hear nothing but good reviews from the beta testers on the MD20?

Waltham great questions and great answers Cobra. Finally good info and no bleeding assholes. Hey Cobra can the Wraithmaker be salvaged or is there no point. Does yours work by the way ( wraithmaker), hate to go off subject but I hear nothing but good reviews from the beta testers on the MD20?

MD-20 runs circles around the WM. To answer your question though, yes the WM does work...sometimes...and in some guns...That don't cut it for me though. Yeah there are some changes that can be made to the WM to make it work better without having to do a bunch of extra shit to your gun. I eventually plan on doing that so I can show those stupid fucktards that built it, what they should have done to begin with, instead of just claiming nothing is wrong with the damned thing and it's the gun's fault... :rolleyes:

I haven't wanted to do that though, partially because I've just been to busy with more important things, and also because I'm still waiting along with everyone else, for a production run MD Arms drum so I can post a video comparing both of them being used in a brand new shotgun...one working great...the other failing miserably (assuming of course that it will even lock in).

Yeah that's right all you impatient assholes who caused all that trouble for nothing,,,,I'M WAITING TOO!!! And I'm waiting for more stuff to happen that's a whole shitload more important than these damned drums!