New Bulgarian 75 Round Pie Mags

Damn, i'm going to have to pick one of these up when they hit the shelf. I've been kicking myself in the ass almost daily since I sold my 100 round chinese drum, and was weary about the other drums that didn't have a latched back. I'm not going to load 75 rounds through the top.

Damn, i'm going to have to pick one of these up when they hit the shelf. I've been kicking myself in the ass almost daily since I sold my 100 round chinese drum, and was weary about the other drums that didn't have a latched back. I'm not going to load 75 rounds through the top.

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=66995

I just ordered one, I asked how many they had left, she said that they had ordered about 200 to sell, and that they had sold about 125 so far. They expect them to be in within the next couple of weeks.

I'm super stoked that they have made a new wind up drum, even though the price is kinda steep. I got the 100 round chinese drum at the pawn shop for $60, back in 2003. Fuck me for selling it.

That's what I thought I'd read, but I guess Copes didn't get all 5000 of them, because according to Misty, unless I misunderstood her, they had gotten 200. I wonder where the other 4800 are at?

When the shipment arrives I'm sure that we'll know. Maybe the price will even come down. These drums are going to drive the dems in Congress nuts!

No doubt. Hell, if the price comes down I'll buy another, maybe 2. Sell one in a couple of years.

There ya go - buy low, sell high. :)

I'm slowly but surely turning my wife around on some of this stuff. She doesn't understand why I "need" a drum or three; I tell her I don't NEED any of them - but they're not going to be available forever, and they WILL go up in value when they're not as common. Supply & demand...

Mike

It may or may not work out like that. They could get a bunch more in stock, and the price goes down, if people aren't buying them up. Who knows. I'm sure in a year or two or four, no matter who gets elected, they will be hard to get. John McCain is a closet gun grabber, as far as I'm concerned.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Talked to Misty today (I think). She said that the drums were expected to start shipping on friday, or that she would charge my card on friday, I can't remember. Anyways, I should have it soon. Expect range report.

I got my 2 today and immediately ordered 2 more. Anti up boys, these are $800 drums after 'bama' takes office. Seriously, they are quite good quality. I fired a full drum through my saiga 7.62 rifle with zero problems. I didn't even clean the oil off of it. Every bit as good qualtity as my 100 rd Norinco drum, possibly better. I am keeping 3 sealed in plastic for future sale as I lived through the last ban and know what is coming, regardless of whether or not it's 'Bama or 'Cain. A word to the wise? If you aren't buying something because it is "cheap" right now? That happened last time too. If you see Colt 30 rd AR mags for 10-15 apiece buy them all.........drum mags? But them. Butler creek steel lip 22 mags? Buy them. AR lowers that came off of a complete rifle? Buy them............don't stock up on spare part lowers. Too restrictive. Glock hi caps? Buy them, or any other hi-cap mag you may need. Powder? Yep. Primers? yep. Tax coming on all of the above. But what do I know.

I've got 4 original norinco drums but i did find these guys have the new drums but at a higher price than some.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/p/...roducts_id/2814

Depends if you want to wait on Copes or not and yes you should be buying all the hi-cap mags you "think" you'll ever need, because it is coming no matter who is in. Every pay day i buy ammo or powder, primers, bullets, brass and yes mags at a good price. For that rainy day or as an investment maybe later or just to show the grandkids what we use to be able to buy back in my day. lol