Bulgy FSB fit a .223 Saiga ?

I picked up a Bulgarian FSB from Kvar with the intent of installing it on my .223 saiga.

Has anyone attempted this and if so how well did it work out ?

My first thoughts are either the barrel is too large for the FSB.

Thinking maybee I should just rent the thread kit from dinzag and go 14X1 threadsand install a Smith enterprise flash hider.

I picked up a Bulgarian FSB from Kvar with the intent of installing it on my .223 saiga.

Has anyone attempted this and if so how well did it work out ?

My first thoughts are either the barrel is too large for the FSB.

Thinking maybee I should just rent the thread kit from dinzag and go 14X1 threadsand install a Smith enterprise flash hider.

If you remvove the FSB and accurately measure the barrel, I've heard Dinzag can ream out the Bulgie FSB to fit. There can be some variation to the barrel diameter. I've heard that S-223's with wider barrels need to be narrowed in order to fit 14mm threads. Either way you may have to measure the diameter. Either approach may utilize Dinzag's services.

09012008029.jpg

AKglamorshots004.jpg

Just finished my .223 Saiga. I used the Bulgarian FSB and gas block from KVAR and both worked out GREAT! The gas block fit my rifle perfectly, but the FSB was a touch too tight, I mean maybe .001 too small. I sweated/hammered both on with out a press though and it was fine. I just stuck the FSB and Gas Block in my oven at 500F for an hour and stuck my barrel in my freezer for an hour (then re-froze after seating the Gas Block), this yielded about a 480F delta which in addition to a little "coaxing" from a hammer was enough to overcome the size differences.

Hello

Not the same, I realize, but I just did the same to my "dimpled & Y'd" .39.

K-var AK-74 FSB and AK-47 brake. Slipped right on with a little "coaxing" (just like Dinzag said!) and even the pin holes lined right up.

Looks downright bona-fide. I like having the spring-pin retainer for muzzle accessories.

Good luck with your .223.

guido2 in Houston