US made S-12 receivers

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pix433125968.jpg

Ok umm...

It has the hole for the "sporter linkage" trigger but not the extra linkage pin holes.

It also has no PG nut hole.

LOL fucking great product!

Unusable with out drilling some type of new holes.

Now if it didn't have the hole for the linked trigger and did have a PG nut hole I MIGHT be interested if it was $50 or less.

O AND the SAFE and FIRE marking are on the wrong side and would be covered by the optic rail, the receiver is drilled for it.

Also is it just me or in the top pic is the front pin drilled to large?

It just gets better the more I look at it.

Edited by KrisFox
Jesus you could make your own receivers from flats anyway, if you Really Had To have an AOW. There's no other reason to have a "new" receiver.

A US built shotgun would not have to meet 922R, so no conversion necessary for a proper pistol grip configuration...

Jesus you could make your own receivers from flats anyway, if you Really Had To have an AOW. There's no other reason to have a "new" receiver.

A US built shotgun would not have to meet 922R, so no conversion necessary for a proper pistol grip configuration...

There will have to be more than a US receiver to make it a US build. Mr. Ash is correct that this would only be good for anyone wanting to make an AOW...providing that you have a C2 to do it for you to take advantage of a the $5 stamp, otherwise it's still a $200 stamp for an individual to manufacture.

Dammit I already killed one of these threads....

Dudes will you PLEASE stop posting FREE ADS for those fucktards???? :rolleyes:

Let people blunder onto their retarded website on their own. It's not fair to others who have had their unpaid ads removed from here. Sure their ads are mostly bad advertising anyway, but just the same, they are no longer business members here for a very good reason. Lets not do them any favors capiche?

Dammit I already killed one of these threads....

Dudes will you PLEASE stop posting FREE ADS for those fucktards???? :rolleyes:

Let people blunder onto their retarded website on their own. It's not fair to others who have had their unpaid ads removed from here. Sure their ads are mostly bad advertising anyway, but just the same, they are no longer business members here for a very good reason. Lets not do them any favors capiche?

Kill this thread to. :ded:

Sure, but re-receivering a new gun is a lot more work/expense than 922r conversion.

EDIT sorry Shannon, just delete it...

Edited by BobAsh

They really need a letter from ATF clarifying that piece is the "receiver" in the S-12. Remember guys, the ATF already stated that the S-12 does not have a Trunion. So what exactly is that piece with the S/N on it? That my friends, would be the receiver. It receives the barrel and the bolt. The ATF could rule many different ways on this issue, but I certainly would not assume the sheet metal piece is the receiver in this particular application.

Tony

There will have to be more than a US receiver to make it a US build. Mr. Ash is correct that this would only be good for anyone wanting to make an AOW...providing that you have a C2 to do it for you to take advantage of a the $5 stamp, otherwise it's still a $200 stamp for an individual to manufacture.

Nope, you are incorrect. There is more to any build then a receiver.

AA has done nothing miraculous here. A properly built receiver is the easy part, the "parts kits" are not presently available, hence, Bob's statement.

As matters stand today he is correct, that could change quickly with the availability of the gas block, bolt and "trunnions." Direct importation of these parts would solve this. Most all of the other parts are already here. Homebuilt firearms are not required to have a S/N.

Thousands of parts kits are assembled in this country every year, AK, FAL, Galil, etc on US made receivers. They are no necessarily built into AOW's. With less then 10 foreign parts you could assemble in a pistol grip configuration and not be required to throw so much of your newly purchased shotgun in the trash.

I fully agree that there is no good reason to buy this part just to trade out your receiver for a US made one!

Cobra, If the board choses to suppress this information I understand, but as this board is THE SAIGA board, it is hard to ignore something like this any claim to the be the definitive source of Saiga related information.

Perhaps a compromise would be to limit the information to one thread and to delete AA's name from all posts? Just a suggestion.

Edited by Azrial

Why all the hating?? At least they are on our side and trying to do soemthing for the S-12 market.... I'm sure they read these posts and will adjust accordingly. And I will admit, I do own a Wraitmaker and went for the "relaibility Service" cause there were problems initially...(I think it was worth it) Yes, it was expensive, but since then I have had NO failures.... The s-12 I sent them was an old school TROMIX conversion that only had three gas ports and was not corrected... They corrected, did the extra port, and did some polishng and smoothing...no grinding, and I've been 100% reliable since. I know I may get slamed for this post, but I wanted absolute reliability and achieved it with that weapon after their service. I have another S-12 TROMIX (runs like a swiss watch) that I haven't tried the drum in but I'm happy with my situation. I also have 4 OEM 8rd Mags.... So it's no big deal to keep the drum just for the one they serviced. ALSO, It made my AGP mags 100% with no mods. I think we should all at least be objective unless you own one of thier products. I have no affiliation with them, but damn, they are on OUR side..... It seems some treat them like the Brady Campaign.... Give a beak and I'm sure they will adjust to OUR wants....

he was just talking about the call to remove this thread as it might encourage someone to shop at AA. id have to agree, this is Saiga news, good or bad, no reason it has to be redacted

Yep, I would like to hear about all products related to the Saiga in one spot. On the other hand I understand if the boards desire not to give an former advertiser that has had an adversarial relationship with the board and several members here a free ride. I do not know what the deal is, I am just reading between the lines.

It also appears to me that they are selling a product with limited use, without the availability of the "parts kits" they hint at. I am more interested in the potential uses, if the parts could be found and/or US made.

It is no big deal in itself, a AK style frame is no big deal to manufacture.

A wraithmaker shot gun, for one billion dollars!

doctorevil.jpg

Oh, I fully agree! :lol: I would never buy such a thing anyway, or this frame for that matter.

AA seems to confuse servicing their customers with "customer service."

Why all the hating?? At least they are on our side and trying to do soemthing for the S-12 market.... I'm sure they read these posts and will adjust accordingly. And I will admit, I do own a Wraitmaker and went for the "relaibility Service" cause there were problems initially...(I think it was worth it) Yes, it was expensive, but since then I have had NO failures.... The s-12 I sent them was an old school TROMIX conversion that only had three gas ports and was not corrected... They corrected, did the extra port, and did some polishng and smoothing...no grinding, and I've been 100% reliable since. I know I may get slamed for this post, but I wanted absolute reliability and achieved it with that weapon after their service. I have another S-12 TROMIX (runs like a swiss watch) that I haven't tried the drum in but I'm happy with my situation. I also have 4 OEM 8rd Mags.... So it's no big deal to keep the drum just for the one they serviced. ALSO, It made my AGP mags 100% with no mods. I think we should all at least be objective unless you own one of thier products. I have no affiliation with them, but damn, they are on OUR side..... It seems some treat them like the Brady Campaign.... Give a beak and I'm sure they will adjust to OUR wants....

Question is: Did the "old school TROMIX conversion" run "like a Swiss watch" with your existing mags before you bought/tried the WF drum ??? Sounds like they blamed their drums failure to run in your TROMIX on something other than their poor design, and hung you for the "reliability service" you're so happy with.............It's only money, right??

Haven't tried the WF drum in your other TROMIX ???? Why the hell not ???? Seems like that'd tell you right quick if it was a drum problem or a gun problem.......... Hey, maybe you just don't want to know..........

THEY ARE NOT ON OUR SIDE.

I'm thinking the only way they'll get a "beak" around here is to have someone ram a chicken up their collective asses..... :chicken:

They could adjust to our wants by recalling and fixing all their bullshit at their complete expense, and by refunding all the unwarranted "reliability service" charges they've made............ Starting to hold my breath right now........... :nonono:

Edited by Jeaux E

Yes, the WM was ran thu my other TROMIX with no problems.. I only used the Win Super Sport (grey shell, high Velocity) though..... My newest has 4 gas ports and I think that made a diff.... And Jeaux, do you own or have you ever tested a WM Drum....? If not, I don't think your 2 cents count for much..... I see the popular guys on here slam someone and then their buddies that suck their nuts jump on the wagon with no first hand experience... Please don't comment unless you have ANY experience with their products or service. I know COBRA is WELL educated and has the right to judge, but unless you have first hand knowlege, I'd suggest you STFU. And I know Cobra will sound off (please do), being that he has TRUE experience, but for the guys just going off advice, don't coment until you've been there and done that. I HATE CHAIRBORNE WARRIORS!!!!

p.s. And Yes, I had FTEs and FTFs until I had the "reliability service"....