Doublestack mag preorder?!?

I saw this on Warriortalk, has anybody heard of this?

Junior Member Join Date: Aug 2008 Posts: 1

This product is not even listed yet, but they are excepting Pre-Orders.

They are going to receive the all new DOUBLE STACK 10 ROUND MAGS FOR THE SAIGA 12 this week or the beginning of next week!!!!!!!!!!! $60 each!!!!

Call and PRE-ORDER now because we all know how long the BACK-ORDERS can take.

I ordered mine!!

1-877-YES-GUNS Ask for Nita and tell her that Hank Victory sent you.

Word from Jason Gilbert:

Yes we will be selling a new 8 and 10 round magazine in approx 6 to 8 weeks. There may be one of even higher capacity, I should be able to make that determination by the end of the week. We will actually release specs and details shortly before the item is ready to ship. Shooting for mid November.

also say the trirails will ship this week.

I dont see the advantage of a double stack magazine of the same 8 or 10rd capacity unless you like shooting shotgun from the prone possition.

It would have to be higher capacity to justify a change. The only good thing is that the mags will be cheap like AGP arms. I'd have to see these mags to make the call if I'd trust the things to work.

Edited by mike123456
I dont see the advantage of a double stack magazine of the same 8 or 10rd capacity unless you like shooting shotgun from the prone possition.

I can see a huge advantage if you are going to use it for serious social work. Not having a single stack mag waving around in the breeze like a donkey dick would be a big +1.

Edited by Glocker

I can see a huge advantage if you are going to use it for serious social work. Not having a single stack mag waving around in the breeze like a donkey dick would be a big +1.

Exactly!, the AGP's are too freak'n huge. I HAVE gone prone with the AGP's, and did a mag change, what a bitch. I'm hoping someone comes up with a double stack 10rd or a compact drum 10rd. If we can squeeze 12 in there all the better, only if it doesn't compromise the compactness of it.

:::gets out his cane and adjusts his glasses as I climb on my soapbox::

"Back in my day...we praised the AGPs, since they were bigger than the 5rder and we all were going broke buying the few 8rders that showed up. "

::breaks his hip as he gets off his soapbox::

:::gets out his cane and adjusts his glasses as I climb on my soapbox::

"Back in my day...we praised the AGPs, since they were bigger than the 5rder and we all were going broke buying the few 8rders that showed up. "

::breaks his hip as he gets off his soapbox::

Yeah, well you guys also walked to school uphill both way, so what's your point? :lolol:

Fantastic. I love my AGPs, but diversity and competition of designs is always good for the consumer. Still waiting for someone to make a cheap +3 extension for use on factory and Taiwanese 5 rounders, though.

Spread the word, gentlemen. I would like to see pics and reviews as soon as possible.

Edited by stiletto raggio

called Gilbert's to pre-order and they said that you cannot pre-order at this time because there are not any SKU numbers for the mags to order them. He said they were still figuring out the details of the mags but he thought 3, 5, 8, and possibly 10 round capacities. Said it will be 10 days before they know any details and at least 6 weeks before anything is manufactured.

Either I got an uninformed employee or they are very unorganized and just in the middle of designing their magazines.

Where are these mags made? If imported high caps come in some shooters may have 922r issues who ever is selling them needs to let his customers know before selling the product.

Me I would love 8 or 10 double stacks I had to shoot prone in a match last month got he second fasted score shooting gangster style.

called again and spoke to Nita, she said they put off production because they ran into feeding problems. The doublestack mags will come in several capacities, she took my name and number down for the 12 Round doublestack mags. It isSurefire that is making these mags in the U.S. Sounds like it might actually be credible in a few weeks.

...they ran into feeding problems.

Yeah, that would be the #1 failure mode of a mag.

Sounds like it might actually be credible in a few weeks.

I wish them the best, and would love to see this product come to market, but you're more optimistic than I am.

...they ran into feeding problems.

Yeah, that would be the #1 failure mode of a mag.

:super::lolol:

The last time we heard "Houston - we have a problem - should have them up and running in a few weeks, we saw molds on ebay for sale months later, and was it nearly a year that AGP worked all their bugs out? Sounds optimistic to me. Also, 20 rounds of high brass are not light. I like the box mags due to them being manageable and not addding THAT much weight to this tank. I don't think you'll see too many folks hulking around their drums in the woods or even in their closet for HD for that matter. Not sure I like the idea of that mass and bulk in something that will be "slightly" more agile than a drum. Price looks real good though. If anything, another affordable toy to add to the collection.

It has all the earmarks of vaporware.

"pre order"

"coming soon"

"a few weeks"

"details to work out"

It sounds like there's a company that is thinking about making a mag, but the odds are probably under 50% that they will. Also, if they decide to go forward with it, the timeframe is a minimum of a year.

So don't get your hopes up, and don't send any money.

Speaking of drums, I noticed a few of the OTHER drum prototypes on gunbroker...

I need to go to the thread on those things to see what the latest talk is. Haven't looked in almost a month.

I didn't totally want to stir the drum verses double sticks controversy. The ONLY thing I see the double box mag advantage here is PRICE, which is vapormag at this point. 20 rounds of 00 buck probably weigh less than 20 rounds of 00 buck in a single round drum considering there is more plastic and metal in two boxes than in a drum (I think).

14 months from now when the pre-orders start on the first "production batch" this thread might come up again. I AGP is selling a single mag for 60 bucks after the investment they had in equipment and labor getting them to work. I'm not quite sure that twice the material and fun for the same price will every be true. If they have a "Made In China" sticker on them, then I would believe it and of course never buy it.