39 replies to this topic

#1 Reveprend Franz

Reveprend Franz

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:11 PM

Didnt see any mention here, probably old news, but i happened across this again today and thought i would mention it.
Anyone know anything about a timeframe?

Posted Image

http://www.eaacorp.c...ava-pap-TP.html

Im a big fan of Zastava, so i might pick one up down the road.

Also note the slant cut receiver, and forward trigger group. might be the same angle as the VEPRs.

This thread is like watching Jerry Springer, but with shotguns.

"Could it all be a bad dream, or a nightmare? Is it my imagination, or have we lost our minds? It's surreal; it's just not believable. A grand absurdity; a great deception, a delusion of momentous proportions; based on preposterous notions; and on ideas whose time should never have come; simplicity grossly distorted and complicated; insanity passed off as logic; grandiose schemes built on falsehoods with the morality of Ponzi and Madoff; evil described as virtue; ignorance pawned off as wisdom; destruction and impoverishment in the name of humanitarianism; violence, the tool of change; preventive wars used as the road to peace; tolerance delivered by government guns; reactionary views in the guise of progress; an empire replacing the Republic; slavery sold as liberty;"

~Libertas Quae Sera Tamen~
http://cottonrevolt.blogspot.com/
Freedom Has a New Flag

#2 Hostile Tree Sloth

Hostile Tree Sloth

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:20 PM

I like it. The wood is a very nice shade.

HTS
Aut disce aut discede

#3 Reveprend Franz

Reveprend Franz

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:32 PM

Zastava, what we used to call Yugos, has always made some great quality products, even if most of what we can get here is wartorn scrap. Of course, we cant call them yugos anymore, really, as Yugoslavia doesnt exist, now. Not sure about this particular rifle, but most of their wood is birch, of pretty decent quality, and i would imagine this is the same, but with a dress finish on it.

"Could it all be a bad dream, or a nightmare? Is it my imagination, or have we lost our minds? It's surreal; it's just not believable. A grand absurdity; a great deception, a delusion of momentous proportions; based on preposterous notions; and on ideas whose time should never have come; simplicity grossly distorted and complicated; insanity passed off as logic; grandiose schemes built on falsehoods with the morality of Ponzi and Madoff; evil described as virtue; ignorance pawned off as wisdom; destruction and impoverishment in the name of humanitarianism; violence, the tool of change; preventive wars used as the road to peace; tolerance delivered by government guns; reactionary views in the guise of progress; an empire replacing the Republic; slavery sold as liberty;"

Freedom Has a New Flag

#4 nalioth

nalioth

Citizen Soldier

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

They've been talking about that for 2 years now on the EAA site.
"Tactical" is a mindset, not an equipment list.

#5 JK-47

JK-47

mmmm....Beer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:23 AM

It looks to be a single stack mag in there, and the buttstock looks really long.... I wish they would import some M-90's !!!!!!
Posted Image
Make yourself an asset, not just an ass.

#6 csspecs

csspecs

Top Member

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:04 PM

JK-47 That one has three selector spots.... Like auto

http://stores.csspecs.com/
For metal Saiga-12, Saiga .308 and Vepr .308 magazines.

http://www.facebook.com/csspecs

#7 nalioth

nalioth

Citizen Soldier

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:09 PM

JK-47 That one has three selector spots.... Like auto

That's because he got the picture from Zastava's European website.

It IS a picture of a select fire M90.

#8 Moose458

Moose458

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:31 AM

Didnt see any mention here, probably old news, but i happened across this again today and thought i would mention it.

I e-mailed EAA the other day asking about a time frame and they said it would be after the new year. I have heard they are being held up at customs. :killer:

#9 Saigaczech

Saigaczech

Executive Member

• PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:14 AM

I e-mailed EAA the other day asking about a time frame and they said it would be after the new year. I have heard they are being held up at customs. :killer:

Yup, they will be released just in time to be banned by the new administration. Figures.....
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLVM

QVIS CVSTODIET IPSOS CVSTODES

OMNIA MORS AQVEAT

#10 Sunset_Va

Sunset_Va

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:08 PM

Yup, they will be released just in time to be banned by the new administration. Figures.....

Aww, you gotta think positive.....none of that banned by new administration stuff..

#11 Frogfoot

Frogfoot

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

Yeah, Zastava AK pattern rifles are nice, but I'll believe these P.A.P. rifles are being imported when I actually see them here. As Nalioth mentioned, the EAA website has listed them for a long time, but to my knowledge none have been imported yet, so they are still vaporware.

I really wish we could get the Zastava M91....

http://www.zastava-a...91_engleski.htm

........in the U.S., but from what I've heard for some reason they aren't importable, though with the Romanian PSL being importable, I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't be as well.

Edited by Frogfoot, 23 November 2008 - 09:03 PM.

#12 Surly

Surly

Nicest guy in the Fight Club.

• PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:16 PM

I really wish we could get the Zastava M91....

http://www.zastava-a...91_engleski.htm

........in the U.S., but from what I've heard for some reason they aren't importable, though with the Romanian PSL being importable, I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't be as well.

Me too. It probably has something to do with the evil bayonet lug and the threads of death on the muzzle...otherwise, it'd be another huntin' rifle. :devil:

Tax paying, law abiding, gun toting, life loving, GOD fearing
RIGHT-WING EXTREMIST

An armed civilian is a citizen.
A disarmed civilian is a SUBJECT.

MCLMM

NRA Lifer

...and stop calling me Shirley.

#13 Reveprend Franz

Reveprend Franz

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:06 PM

Not sure if anyone is as big a fan of the Yugos as I am, but, mostly because i like to resurrect dead threads, i thought id mention that i handled one of these rifles on saturday and the fit and finish was fantastic. All around, great feeling rifle. I should have taken some pictures, but it slipped my mind, and there was far too much to drool over.

According to the EAA salesman I talked to they will be available, for real this time, starting on the 16th or 18th of this month, with regular shipments coming in after that.
:super:

I dont see why he would lie to me, but of course its possible, myself,
Posted Image

Freedom Has a New Flag

#14 Azrial

Azrial

A Riddle, Wrapped in a Mystery, Inside an Enigma

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,534 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:42 PM

Boy, you are useless in the fight for our rights aren't you?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - I stand with Arizona!

Proud Member of the Top 10 9 posters of all time!

IMPORTANT: READ CAREFULLY Azrial's comments are provided solely to reform, chastise, or replace existing opinions. Inasmuch, Azrial holds no title to said Azrial comments IF Azrial comments are used only for non-profitable thought enhancement. Any other use of Azrial comments are strictly forbidden without the expressed written permission of Azrial. In so obtaining said permission you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in binding contract. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not copy, repeat, modify, think, or in any way use Azrial comments. Once contracted, unless you acquired the Azrial comments on external media, you may make a single copy of the Azrial comments solely for archival purposes or rethinking of the Azrial comments in the same context that the Azrial comments were previously expressed. Azrial retains all right, title, and interest in and to the Azrial comments. All rights not granted are reserved by Azrial. THE LIMITED WARRANTY (IF ANY) INCLUDED IN THE APPLICABLE AZRIAL COMMENTS APPLIES TO THE AZRIAL COMMENTS PROVIDED THE AZRIAL COMMENTS HAVE BEEN LICENSED BY YOU WITHIN THE TERM OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY OF THE APPLICABLE AZRIAL COMMENTS IF APPLICABLE.

#15 tritium

tritium

Top Member

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:52 PM

Attached File  ray_of_sunshine.jpg   13.84KB   5 downloads
A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
- Sigmund Freud (or not)
The indiscriminate use of vulgar language is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate motherf**ker.
-Anonymous
Complexity is easy; simplicity is difficult.
-Georgy Shpagin, mentor to M. Kalashnikov
Peace is that brief, glorious, quiet moment in history when everybody is standing around reloading.
-Anonymous

"Yes, Officer, I was trying to burn my house down.... Why do you ask ?"

#16 JK-47

JK-47

mmmm....Beer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:28 PM

Not sure if anyone is as big a fan of the Yugos as I am, but, mostly because i like to resurrect dead threads, i thought id mention that i handled one of these rifles on saturday and the fit and finish was fantastic. All around, great feeling rifle. I should have taken some pictures, but it slipped my mind, and there was far too much to drool over.

According to the EAA salesman I talked to they will be available, for real this time, starting on the 16th or 18th of this month, with regular shipments coming in after that.

So, what features did these have? Was it a single stack magwell? 7.62x39mm? Where was it that you got to handle one pre-release?

#17 JK-47

JK-47

mmmm....Beer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:30 PM

Edited by JK-47, 19 May 2009 - 09:31 PM.

#18 Reveprend Franz

Reveprend Franz

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:05 AM

I was at the NRA Trade Show, lots of fantastic stuf there.

It was a doublestack magwell as far as I could tell, or a real fat single stack, but there was no mag in it to be sure, id guess it comes with a stubby mag like the saigas.

No bayo lug, and no threaded muzzle, which was the only downside i saw. the upside of that is that it had a standard front sight with no muzzle sleeve like the saiga, so it should be easy to rectify.

all smooth edges, and an all around great fit.

It looked like the rear receiver angle was rounded, so i dont think vepr furniture would be a direct swap, but that could have just been the way the wood was cut, and i didnt mind the furniture that was on it, at all. (then again, i like wood furniture, its classy)

No grenade launching valve like the m70, :sad: but it did have the crosspin that keeps the recoil spring from moving.

and yes, 7.62x39

please note that i have not heard of any dealers preordering them or anything, and ive asked around, so the salesman might have been just blowing smoke up my a.

Edited by ReverendFranz, 20 May 2009 - 12:14 AM.

Freedom Has a New Flag

#19 GunFun

GunFun

Apparently, guy who has made way too many posts.

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:58 AM

It looks pretty much how I would like a Kalashnikov to be set up, minus a different style of safety and a magwell.

#20 Spartacus

Spartacus

Armed Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:56 PM

I know I liked my old Yugo...... bought it brand new for $3990 in 1988........ red with tan interior and the hood scoop! :haha:

Posted Image

The thing was a blast to drive, bang through all four gears wide open and still not break the speed limit! :)
It was like a street legal go-kart!

I actually bought it instead of a go to work beater so I could keep high miles off of the new Mustang at the time.

If you weren't sickened by the sight of the Yugo, here's more info about it from the Zastava factory:

Zastava

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

“All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.” (Marbury vs.Madison, 1803.)

#21 Azrial

Azrial

A Riddle, Wrapped in a Mystery, Inside an Enigma

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,534 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:32 AM

I know I liked my old Yugo...... bought it brand new for $3990 in 1988........ red with tan interior and the hood scoop! :haha:
Posted Image

Ah, as Sgt. Joe Friday once said, "The cutting edge of Serbo-Croatian technology!" :lolol:
  • Saiga103 likes this

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - I stand with Arizona!

Proud Member of the Top 10 9 posters of all time!

IMPORTANT: READ CAREFULLY Azrial's comments are provided solely to reform, chastise, or replace existing opinions. Inasmuch, Azrial holds no title to said Azrial comments IF Azrial comments are used only for non-profitable thought enhancement. Any other use of Azrial comments are strictly forbidden without the expressed written permission of Azrial. In so obtaining said permission you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in binding contract. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not copy, repeat, modify, think, or in any way use Azrial comments. Once contracted, unless you acquired the Azrial comments on external media, you may make a single copy of the Azrial comments solely for archival purposes or rethinking of the Azrial comments in the same context that the Azrial comments were previously expressed. Azrial retains all right, title, and interest in and to the Azrial comments. All rights not granted are reserved by Azrial. THE LIMITED WARRANTY (IF ANY) INCLUDED IN THE APPLICABLE AZRIAL COMMENTS APPLIES TO THE AZRIAL COMMENTS PROVIDED THE AZRIAL COMMENTS HAVE BEEN LICENSED BY YOU WITHIN THE TERM OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY OF THE APPLICABLE AZRIAL COMMENTS IF APPLICABLE.

#22 Kwicko

Kwicko

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:07 PM

Posted Image

Ah, as Sgt. Joe Friday once said, "The cutting edge of Serbo-Croatian technology!" :lolol:

...courtesy of FIAT.

Who knows? Maybe with FIAT taking over Chrysler, they can start offering us goodies like the Yugo once again. Only it'll be made in the USA and cost $25,000. :D

#23 GunFun

GunFun

Apparently, guy who has made way too many posts.

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:55 AM

Posted Image

...courtesy of FIAT.

Who knows? Maybe with FIAT taking over Chrysler, they can start offering us goodies like the Yugo once again. Only it'll be made in the USA and cost $25,000. :D

I keep trying to convince people that the govt should rename Chrysler Auto Group " American Leyland"

#24 bigsal

bigsal

Large Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:26 PM

So, They are showing up on gunbroker (like here: http://gunbroker.com...Item=130994972) and will run around $399 next month retail right???. They look shitty. No threaded barrel, cleaning rod is absent on half the models and to make it even more unappealing, they only take single stack magazines (although an hour and 1 dremel tool will solve that problem).
:smoke:

Edited by bigsal, 08 June 2009 - 11:29 PM.

#25 Reveprend Franz

Reveprend Franz

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:16 PM

So, They are showing up on gunbroker (like here: http://gunbroker.com...Item=130994972) and will run around $399 next month retail right???. They look shitty. No threaded barrel, cleaning rod is absent on half the models and to make it even more unappealing, they only take single stack magazines (although an hour and 1 dremel tool will solve that problem).
:smoke:

Damn, no threaded barrel, and only comes with low cap mags. What could we do? Alas.
Posted Image

Oh right, i remember where i am now. haha. I like em.

Freedom Has a New Flag

#26 VincentYGB

VincentYGB

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:28 PM

jealousy will get you nowhere... :rolleyes:
I turn the other cheek so I can see

#27 Ruffian72

Ruffian72

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:05 AM

When it comes to AKs, it's pretty. :smoke:
Why Be Prey
MAKE A STAND

JPFO
NRA
KSRA

Minute Man

VFW

#28 mak0

mak0

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:38 PM

I got one at a gun show yesterday.

I posted pics and a review HERE

Edited by mak0, 14 June 2009 - 08:42 PM.

#29 nalioth

nalioth

Citizen Soldier

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:09 PM

I got one at a gun show yesterday.

I posted pics and a review HERE

Nice writeup.

Can you make some pictures of the rear block that aren't at a cockeyed angle?

I suspect the stock envelops a square cut receiver, but can't really tell from the pix.

(pix w/o the stock at all would be a plus)

#30 VincentYGB

VincentYGB

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:58 PM

Very nice. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive sometime this week to my FFL.
I turn the other cheek so I can see

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users