Does Tromix do this..........

I finally became part of the Saiga 12 family. I was starting to think I was too far down the backorder list to ever get one.

I have the 19" threaded barrel.

I know a guy on another site who converted with an AK gas block to where it will take real AK hand guards. I really like the way his turned out. I was wondering if Tromix does something like this. Here is a pic of his Saiga 12 so you can see what im talking about. I would like mine to look pretty much like his.

I have been on their site but may not have been in the right place. I didnt want to bother them with a question like this since I know they are super busy.

Saiga12Conv.jpg

I'm sure Tromix COULD do that.... I do believe that the gas tube and parts are manufactured by Dinzag Arms......

Here is mine with Dinzag gastube, front site, extended saftey ect....

DSC01824.jpg

No, unfortunately, I no longer do custom builds. Only the Tromix S-02, S-06, S-17, and S-19. Each with a few available options. I will also have a competition model available shortly.

Tony

Thanks Tony. I was not sure if you offered that as one of your options or not.

If you are handy with the tools then Dinzag is the way to go. He has quality stuff and is very knowledgable from firsthand experience. Cobra is also a good source for info. If you want quality woodwork then BattleRifleG3 is the man with wood for you. I speak from experience with all of them. Good luck and congratulations on your aquisition.

nyclu3

Edited by nyclu3
If you are handy with the tools then Dinzag is the way to go. He has quality stuff and is very knowledgable from firsthand experience. Cobra is also a good source for info. If you want quality woodwork then BattleRifleG3 is the man with wood for you. I speak from experience with all of them. Good luck and congratulations on your aquisition.

nyclu3

What do you mean BattleRifleG3 is the man for wood? He make it or fit it or what? I am not familar with these as this is my first Saiga 12 and only had it one day.

If you want quality woodwork then BattleRifleG3 is the man with wood for you. I speak from experience with all of them. Good luck and congratulations on your aquisition.

nyclu3

I hope your not speaking about experience with BattleRifleG3's wood. Just fucking with you, but I couldn't resist. Those are some sleek looking Saiga12s, might have to invest in another Saiga Shotgun.

Yup - the front and rear sights, gas tube, and handguard retainers all came from Dinzag. He did a great job and I'm definitely satisfied. There are still some things I need to figure out what to do with concerning the upper handguards but that's no fault of Dinzag - my saiga is just slightly out of spec. The wood is from Matt at ironwood designs - call him and check and see if he's still working on wood pre-fit to the Saiga 12. Mine was the first and it still needed a bit of hogging out but he may have refined it a bit more since.

Yup - the front and rear sights, gas tube, and handguard retainers all came from Dinzag. He did a great job and I'm definitely satisfied. There are still some things I need to figure out what to do with concerning the upper handguards but that's no fault of Dinzag - my saiga is just slightly out of spec. The wood is from Matt at ironwood designs - call him and check and see if he's still working on wood pre-fit to the Saiga 12. Mine was the first and it still needed a bit of hogging out but he may have refined it a bit more since.

Ahhhh.....ever since I seen your awesome looking Sagia 12 on 2A forum I have been on a waiting list for it. I finally have it and now so let the fun begin. I will check with Matt and see if he has a finished product for the Saiga 12.

I was under the impression that if I go with Dinzag gastube and sightblock that the normal AK wood would fit. Would I still need to hog it out some or would it go on as is? Do you know?

• 1 month later...

If you want AK style handguards, start with Dinzag's hardware to allow use of AK pattern handguards. From there you have a choice of handguards, whether US or foreign. Modification may be required. As far as what I would offer, I could make custom handguards with his retainer in mind. When is another question.