I recently saw an AR15 upper for that round. The upper ejects the brass through the magwell of the lower receiver and uses the 50 round rifle mags.... Just figured I would mention it. If that ammo wasn't so pricey I might consider picking one up for that stripped AR lower Ive got.

Nice buy though, have fun with your new pistol. :)

I recently saw an AR15 upper for that round. The upper ejects the brass through the magwell of the lower receiver and uses the 50 round rifle mags.... Just figured I would mention it. If that ammo wasn't so pricey I might consider picking one up for that stripped AR lower Ive got.

HUH?

You mean it uses P90 mags?

You can't just post that without giving us some pics man.

That must be some type of complete rework. I guess it definitely doesn't have a carry handle eh?

http://www.copesdistributing.net/product_i...roducts_id=1097

TROY ARMS AR-57 upper drops on a standard AR-15 lower and converts your gun to shoot the FNH 5.7x28 cartridge using FN-P90 50 round magazines. First ever, revolutionary top load bottom eject system sends the spent brass straight down through the AR magwell. Designed with reliability as its primary feature. There is no gas system to become clogged with carbon or fouling and maintenance is a snap. The bolt and chamber stay clean through extended shooting sessions. The rails are precisely milled from a monolithic block of aircraft grade 7075 T6 aluminum with type III Teflon infused annodization. Any sighting systems mounted on the rails will stay zeroed through the toughest of missions. Magazine NOT Included.

$699.00

post-5354-1221439854_thumb.jpg

Let us know what you think of it. I have a PS90 and it makes a nice weapon to throw on the seat or in the trunk when I feel like it. The 50 rd mags are the greatest as far as I'm concerned. I haven't opted for the FN FiveSeven pistol as that department is full of my antiques. ;) Check to be sure that the weapon waits until the slide is fully forward before the firing pin can be released. I know of at least one case where this was not the case and with the high pressure ammunition that it uses it destroyed the pistol and messed the guys hand up. I was going to post a link but the fiveseven forum had a catostrophic failure and it seems that that post is no loner there. You might inquire with them.

Let us know what you think of it. I have a PS90 and it makes a nice weapon to throw on the seat or in the trunk when I feel like it. The 50 rd mags are the greatest as far as I'm concerned. I haven't opted for the FN FiveSeven pistol as that department is full of my antiques. ;) Check to be sure that the weapon waits until the slide is fully forward before the firing pin can be released. I know of at least one case where this was not the case and with the high pressure ammunition that it uses it destroyed the pistol and messed the guys hand up. I was going to post a link but the fiveseven forum had a catostrophic failure and it seems that that post is no loner there. You might inquire with them.

I had a fn 5.7 before and this is a very smooth and accurate shooting gun, it is what i took my ccw with even the instructor was impressed with it i bought 10 boxes of ammo for this one and payed $17.25 a box 50rd's did not think that was to bad, i think if you ever shot one you would be hooked

Edited by bigdaddyrandall

I have an adapter kit for the 20rd 5.7 pistol mags to make them 30rd's, and i paid $17.25 a box of 50rd's at the charlotte gun show.

I have an adapter kit for the 20rd 5.7 pistol mags to make them 30rd's, and i paid $17.25 a box of 50rd's at the charlotte gun show.

$18 is not bad at all. Most dealers around here are or atleast were the last time i checked getting about 30 a box.