New S-12, Chrome Bore?

I just got another S12 yesterday, it is one of the new 08 ones from the latest shipment. Both the bore and chamber appear dark. Can anyone verify if they are no longer using chromed bores, or is this an optical illusion I'm seeing? I do not have the old one at hand at the moment to compare to.

Tia.

Hmmm interesting.... can you please post pics? I've never heard of any Saiga without a chrome lined bore. Try running a bronze brush through there a few times and shine a bore light up through it.

There was an old thread on this forum that a poster discussed his options of buying a Saiga without chrome lined barrel for a lower price than with chrome. I don't remember what country he was from, but I believe it was not the USA. Germany perhaps?

Edited to add: All of the Saigas I have used had a nice bright shinny chrome bore and chamber. That was one of the things that puzzled me when I started looking at ar15 barrels that were chrome lined. The AR barrels that were chromed were not shinny like that. To this day I've still not gotten a straight answer as to why they look so different.

Edited by cscharlie

There was an old thread on this forum that a poster discussed his options of buying a Saiga without chrome lined barrel for a lower price than with chrome. I don't remember what country he was from, but I believe it was not the USA. Germany perhaps?

I think you are referring to me- New Zealand. Not that it helps with this question, only seen S12's with chrome down this way.