As stupid as it sounds........

I'm one paranoid MF'er about "assault weapon" related items until they are in my hands. I know my drums are on the way........but I still have paranoid delusions some law will be passed before I get mine :lolol:

I don't know why.

A good example is I have always wanted a USC/UMP conversion. I spent every extra penny I had this summer to make it happen so I could have it before the next election along with 10 of the 25rd mags that were $65 a pop.

When I graduate from dental school this may I am afraid that I may spend some serious coin because of this... I think I may get a shitload of spare parts for everything I own that could be considered an assault weapon at some point.

I'm one paranoid MF'er about "assault weapon" related items until they are in my hands. I know my drums are on the way........but I still have paranoid delusions some law will be passed before I get mine :lolol:

I don't know why.

A good example is I have always wanted a USC/UMP conversion. I spent every extra penny I had this summer to make it happen so I could have it before the next election along with 10 of the 25rd mags that were $65 a pop.

When I graduate from dental school this may I am afraid that I may spend some serious coin because of this... I think I may get a shitload of spare parts for everything I own that could be considered an assault weapon at some point.

I think I know how you feal. I graduated in 06 with a degree in engineering. Last year and this year I have spent some serious bux on all kinds of assault type firearms and a really expensive safe. Im getting a little frusterated though, because it seams like there is always more to buy, and i constantly feal like time is NOT on my side. I live in WA state, so the only NFA stuff we can have is AOW's, if I was able to put my hands on all the other NFA items I would be spending even more. I basically figured I need to get everything that i would normally buy over my life time, i need to buy it all NOW, at least in reguards to assault stuff. Guns really dont lose value and they stay at least with inflation or better, so just look at it as an invetment.

Get what you can before it banned, here in nz the laws chaged about 10 years ago, you now need an endorse licence to own a military style semiautomatic rifle(mssa) at the time of the law change nobody realy thought much of it. now ak 30 round mags are $150 if you can find them second hand as you cant import them any more, there are around 4000 registered mssa rifles in the country and now you have to pay up to $1500 above face value for one. i wish i had bought up boxes of mags and and loads mssa,s back then, im now only able to have a semi auto with a 7 round mag, no pistol grip or flash suppresor.

Sometimes, I can't help but feel like alot of the panic and compulsive buying are created by the manufacturers and guys at the gun show to encourage people to buy as much stuff, as soon as possible.

I know what happened in 1994, but that didn't really affect anyone's ability to purchase so called "assault weapons," sure, the 10 round pistol mags were bullshit, but other than that, I didn't really see much of a difference. I do realize that the new legislation specifically names types of guns that will be illegal to buy, along with "high capacity" magazines, but what are the chances of that actually passing? I could see some sort of legislation, but not to that extent. I'm sure it would get scaled down a bit, kinda like when someone gets arrested, and the cops charge them with as much stuff as possible, assuming that most of it will get dropped or pleaded down.

That being said, I have still worked myself into a fervor, spending as much of my extra money (and some money that I don't really need to spend) on guns and ammunition. I feel like I need to sell a couple of the guns and put that money into ammo, and magazines. The way I see it, it would be more beneficial for me to have a whole bunch of ammo for a few types of guns, than a whole bunch of guns and a little bit of ammo. I do like having a safe full of guns, but I already have all I really need: a shotgun, a pistol, an AK, and a somewhat long range rifle with some sort of optics. And a 10/22 for plinking squirels when the grocery store gets looted. :rolleyes:

But seriously, the election is a couple of months away, and no one knows what the outcome will be. I thought I knew what it would be a couple of months ago, but things change everyday, and we won't know for sure until the day after.

Sometimes, I can't help but feel like alot of the panic and compulsive buying are created by the manufacturers and guys at the gun show to encourage people to buy as much stuff, as soon as possible.

I know what happened in 1994, but that didn't really affect anyone's ability to purchase so called "assault weapons," sure, the 10 round pistol mags were bullshit, but other than that, I didn't really see much of a difference. I do realize that the new legislation specifically names types of guns that will be illegal to buy, along with "high capacity" magazines, but what are the chances of that actually passing? I could see some sort of legislation, but not to that extent. I'm sure it would get scaled down a bit, kinda like when someone gets arrested, and the cops charge them with as much stuff as possible, assuming that most of it will get dropped or pleaded down.

That being said, I have still worked myself into a fervor, spending as much of my extra money (and some money that I don't really need to spend) on guns and ammunition. I feel like I need to sell a couple of the guns and put that money into ammo, and magazines. The way I see it, it would be more beneficial for me to have a whole bunch of ammo for a few types of guns, than a whole bunch of guns and a little bit of ammo. I do like having a safe full of guns, but I already have all I really need: a shotgun, a pistol, an AK, and a somewhat long range rifle with some sort of optics. And a 10/22 for plinking squirels when the grocery store gets looted. :rolleyes:

But seriously, the election is a couple of months away, and no one knows what the outcome will be. I thought I knew what it would be a couple of months ago, but things change everyday, and we won't know for sure until the day after.

Voting against DemocRATs is the best nonviolent defense against tyrannical gun control legislation. It's very important because DemocRATs commit voter fraud like there's no tomorrow. Illegals, convicted felons and dead people all vote DemocRAT.

Voting against DemocRATs is the best nonviolent defense against tyrannical gun control legislation. It's very important because DemocRATs commit voter fraud like there's no tomorrow. Illegals, convicted felons and dead people all vote DemocRAT.

Well of course, they are the ones that would implement gun control policies. But I'm not voting against parties anymore. I felt duped voting republican last presidential election, and will no longer participate in this 2 party system. As long as people continue to vote against democrats or republicans, we will continue to have the same bullshit messes that have plagued Washington and the country in general for the last 20-30 years. I'll vote for Bod Barr and the Libertarian party, still vote for what I believe in, and avoid the rest of those assholes and their lies and politics.

McCain would roll over on the pro gun crowd as soon as something better came along. HE can't be trusted to stay on our side. But if Obama gets in, you know all the republicans would vote against any bill he pressed. They would just trap the bill on the floor, filibuster it to death, hopefully.

Dems only had a one vote majority in the house, but 2 years ago when it shifted the NRA was all " don't worry, the majority of dems that traded with the reps were pro gun. KIng george even said he would pass a gun control bill if it came across his desk. Never happened. I bet the republicans take back the house and senate. If Obama gets in, I tend to believe we have a better chance. Most of the NRA voices I see lead me to believe this. Can't figure out what Palin will do when shes president. She hunts but who knows.

About the voting fraud. Don't start pointing fingers, the last florida chad thing, the people in Dem's districts saying the wait is 2 hours or it was closed. I think the reps are more into the fraud thing, the dems are too much of a bunch of pussies and panty wastes to get off their asses to do that. How do you think the retard got in twice, on his enhanced vocabulary and speaking skills. To bad Ron paul dropped out, He was more pro gun than the rest fo them, my Dem friends would have voted for him.

I also think alot of this is hype. The last ban caused alot of backlash on the dem's. I can't help but believe that the voices of millions of gun owners and newly supported 2nd Adm will keep any really severe ban from passing. If not, we will just have to vote their dumb asses out of office.

I don't trust the either party. Idiots.

We're the most powerful nation man has ever developed, we are a technological powerhouse. Yet we depend on 3rd world countries (that really don't care for us all that much) for 70% of our energy? How the hell did that happen?

Idiots.

Ditto.....I dont trust either party as well......

I also think alot of this is hype. The last ban caused alot of backlash on the dem's. I can't help but believe that the voices of millions of gun owners and newly supported 2nd Adm will keep any really severe ban from passing. If not, we will just have to vote their dumb asses out of office.

We're the most powerful nation man has ever developed, we are a technological powerhouse. Yet we depend on 3rd world countries (that really don't care for us all that much) for 70% of our energy? How the hell did that happen?

Idiots.

This illustrates my issue with the democratic or republican party. Hell, is the republican party even the same party it was 50 years ago? I've heard people say that the libertarian party consists of republicans who have become disgusted with the republican party. I myself became interested when I was in college, and the republicans were portrayed as the evil doers (by professors, liberal fellow students, etc), but even then I couldn't bring myself to agree with, or even believe, the kind of bullshit that was emitted from the democrats. I even encourage my liberal friends to vote for the green party, just to stay away from the democrats and republicans, even though I despise the green party.

McCain would roll over on the pro gun crowd as soon as something better came along. HE can't be trusted to stay on our side. But if Obama gets in, you know all the republicans would vote against any bill he pressed. They would just trap the bill on the floor, filibuster it to death, hopefully.

I think the reps are more into the fraud thing

I'd have to say both those comments are pure bullshit IMHO.

McCain has always been pro gun and does not support assault weapons being banned (he has said himself he does not support a ban). I really don't like McCain on a lot of issues. The thing is though when he says something you know he means it. He doesn't seem to care who he pisses off really if you look at his history. He is not known for changing his positions on issues like many other politicians (I'm not saying it has never happened). Now right now with the election he is going to try to make as many people happy as he can, but he has always been pro gun even before being a candidate so I trust him on this issue.

The whole voting fraud thing is laughable. It doesn't deserve a response really.

I wanted to like Ron Paul but his foreign policy positions are those of a nutjob. I'm not even referring to Iraq I just mean in general. My views are libertarian to a large extent but that part is a deal breaker.

Edited by SaigaFodder

I think the reps are more into the fraud thing

I'd have to say both those comments are pure bullshit IMHO.

McCain has always been pro gun and does not support assault weapons being banned (he has said himself he does not support a ban). I really don't like McCain on a lot of issues. The thing is though when he says something you know he means it. He doesn't seem to care who he pisses off really if you look at his history. He is not known for changing his positions on issues like many other politicians (I'm not saying it has never happened). Now right now with the election he is going to try to make as many people happy as he can, but he has always been pro gun even before being a candidate so I trust him on this issue.

The whole voting fraud thing is laughable. It doesn't deserve a response really.

I wanted to like Ron Paul but his foreign policy positions are those of a nutjob. I'm not even referring to Iraq I just mean in general. My views are libertarian to a large extent but that part is a deal breaker.

As far as Libertarian foreign policy, I'm sick of the US tending to everyone else's business and getting portrayed as assholes in return. I agree with Ron Paul, he said "I'm not an isolationist, I'm an non-interventionist."

Let the rest of the world deal with their problems, fuck foreign aid, fuck military endeavors, fuck'em all. I've pretty much lost compassion for my fellow man.

As far as Libertarian foreign policy, I'm sick of the US tending to everyone else's business and getting portrayed as assholes in return. I agree with Ron Paul, he said "I'm not an isolationist, I'm an non-interventionist."

I'd vote Libertarian if I thought that wasn't just -1 for McCain. I don't think Libertarian has enough support to get 34% of the vote, so that just means one less vote for McCain to offset Osama. :(

I'd vote Libertarian if I thought that wasn't just -1 for McCain. I don't think Libertarian has enough support to get 34% of the vote, so that just means one less vote for McCain to offset Osama. :(

That kind of mindset is what is holding it back. If everyone who thought like that voted for the Libertarian candidate they'd have a better chance. Instead, you're forced to vote for the asshole who is less of an asshole than the other asshole. Pretty sad situation, if you ask me.

Edit: Think about it this way: If a vote for a third party is -1 for McCain, it's also a -1 for Obama. Neither one of those fucks deserves my vote, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by elvis christ
Edit: Think about it this way: If a vote for a third party is -1 for McCain, it's also a -1 for Obama. Neither one of those fucks deserves my vote, as far as I'm concerned.

The flaw in that theory is that if it is a close race, that third party vote may help put in the greater of the two evils.

There just is not an easy answer. Personally, I am big on big brother not taking my protection away, and I sincerely think Obama will try to work in that direction, so I don't want to see him in office.

Ditto.....I dont trust either party as well......

Idiots.

I'm with you guys. how about we declare partisan politics for what it is: a deliberate treason to put the will of party bosses above the will and the welfare of the people.

Well of course, they are the ones that would implement gun control policies. But I'm not voting against parties anymore. I felt duped voting republican last presidential election, and will no longer participate in this 2 party system. As long as people continue to vote against democrats or republicans, we will continue to have the same bullshit messes that have plagued Washington and the country in general for the last 20-30 years. I'll vote for Bod Barr and the Libertarian party, still vote for what I believe in, and avoid the rest of those assholes and their lies and politics.

Lot's of pathetic morons sing that tune. Whatever. You're free to be as stupid as you want to be.

3 words

High Capacity Magazines.

3 words

No Such Thing.

Do you honestly believe the gun grabbers are gonna stop after they take away your right to use military surplus magazines?

HELL NO, they're gonna go on the tangent of "Well, nobody should need more than 2 rounds to hunt with" or something equally stupid.

The idjits want "no guns whatsoever" because in their heads, as soon as all 900 gazillion guns on the planet are gone, we're all gonna be living in a utopia where nobody wants for anything and everything is perfect.

I remember very well being fed up with the situation in our govt. re. gun control, taxes and so on in 1992. I felt it was my patriotic duty to vote for Ross Perot to get the traitorous Geo. Bush Sr. out of office remebering that he had broken three campaign promises within the first three months in office. One of them being no new gun control and another one being the "Read my lips! No new taxes" promise.

I was disgusted to see that my choice had helped to elect BIll Clinton who was a much worse candidate than the traitor (to my causes) Geo. H. Bush. With that in mind I will be voting for McCain. Fool me once, shame on you. Foll me twice, shame on me.

I remember very well being fed up with the situation in our govt. re. gun control, taxes and so on in 1992. I felt it was my patriotic duty to vote for Ross Perot to get the traitorous Geo. Bush Sr. out of office remebering that he had broken three campaign promises within the first three months in office. One of them being no new gun control and another one being the "Read my lips! No new taxes" promise.

I was disgusted to see that my choice had helped to elect BIll Clinton who was a much worse candidate than the traitor (to my causes) Geo. H. Bush. With that in mind I will be voting for McCain. Fool me once, shame on you. Foll me twice, shame on me.

Unfortunately, agreed. That's just the way it is.

1911 summed up my thoughts pretty well, that was my first Prez election. And about only having 2 shots, I think you give them too much credit, I heard Senator Tom Harkin (D IA) several years ago talk about how pro-gun he is on WHO radio, as long as it's a single shot.

Let the rest of the world deal with their problems, fuck foreign aid, fuck military endeavors, fuck'em all. I've pretty much lost compassion for my fellow man.

That is the same thinking that allowed the Nazies and Japs to take over half the world prior to pearl Harbor.

That is the same thinking that allowed terrorist to take control of afganistan and become such a threat.

That is the same thinking that will allow obama to win the election if you waste a vote on a third party. Palin could very well become president following McCain and she is probably the most pro-gun canidate we have seen in a long while

If anouther gun bill gets through, you can bet there will not be as many loopholes as the 94 bill. Plus look at Obamas ass kissing of the euro-trash who think they have a vote in our election. Just wait untill some shithead shoots up a school or mall with a Saiga and Md-drum and see how quick we could loose these.

There's a reason why I'm making a major effort to get the guns I want before the next President takes office. I'm going to TRY to get an AK-74 before the end of the year, along with around 2000 rounds of ammo. If that's not financially feasible, I'll see about stockpiling ammo for the guns I DO have.

Go ahead and vote for Ron Paul :super:

I also voted for Perot b/c I despised Bush 41.

Lots of other folks believe Dubya only won b/c they voted for Ralph Nader.

As I see it, those votes still spoke as loudly as the ones that got the other guys elected.

Americans have to vote their conscience to make the system work - and to me that means forcing change and making the pols listen. :deadhorse:

You can pick out a few hot button issues to scream about, but there really isnt a whole lot of difference between the 2 parties IMO.

Clinton enacted Welfare reform and more conservative policies than a Republican Prez could ever have done. Bush 43 and the early Repub majority did nothing but set new records on spending ...WTF :angry:

Besides.... By the time this fall election arrives, probably 90% of us will be living and voting in a state/area that is already "decided" or "put into the column" of one candidiate or the other and neither side will bother to even visit/advertise/promise crap to us/ or give a crap about us b/c they will be focusing all their energy on just a few states and often just a very small select group of voters. :kiss:

For most of us, our vote is probably NOT going to change how our home states electoral college swings :wet_eyes: ,

so...............

VOTE FOR WHO YOU THINK IS BEST !!!

just my 2 cents worth

Cheers,

HarvKY