Finished my conversion

stokstad,

Very nice looking weapon. Just think of the experience you got doing the conversion. What did you use for the FCG, G-2 or FSE?

My new ACE folder ships Monday. I am refurnishing the beast already.

No luck on finding a .308 here yet. My FFl has not called back.

Wolverine

I used the G2 trigger from tapco seems pretty good to me it is much lighter than stock. It was a good experience and much easier than I thought it would be. Mostly due to this board if it werent for this forum It would have probably stayed stock forever :lol:

I would like to find a 308 or an S12 I'm going to call the local places tomorrow and see what I can locate around here

Nice looking gun stokstad. I sure like that Ace stock. I think I am going to replace my Tapco folder as well; I just don't like all that extra plastic at the hinge. I can't tell from the picture what you did to fill in the old trigger and transfer bar pin holes. I saw in another thread or on another forum where someone used JBWeld to form rivets to fill those holes.

I just wanted to add that for anyone on the fence about doing this because they are worried about having the proper equipment I did this entire conversion with a cordless drill, A dremel, and some screwdrivers. The next one I do (which will be my new S12) I will most likely do with just my dremel. The only thing I used the drill for was the original trigger rivets.

LOL havent filled those holes yet still trying to figure out what to do. Cant really see the holes in the pic. Thanks for the comments.

Nice job stokstad. What i did on my conversion was reuse the pins I took out. I just put them back in the same holes and filled the drilled end with JB weld and smoothed it over. Also added a little on the inside for extra strength. On one side it looks just like it did stock and the other looks kinda like spotwelds.

I sure wish there was this kind of interest in the 410 section. I think that section has officially died. I could not wait to post pics of my project on there and get some feedback. Then after having all that fun doing it, learning all I did, and posting some good pics I only heard back from one person and he didn't even mention the conversion. That was three days ago. Either my gun is but ugly or nobody cares.

Here is Version 2.0 of my conversion hehe. Well actually its just another stock. Bought it for my shotgun but havent converted it yet so I had to try it on my 7.62

I kinda I like it, it may just stay where it is. The collapsable stock is kinda nice. If anyone is interested Blackjack has them on special right now. $60 I think for the adapter and 4 position stock.

post-5-1106096194.jpg

Edited by stokstad

Brian33x51 I never installed the bullet guide. I was lucky enough to get a hold of a couple of the factory 30 rounders. They look and fit nice so until they wear out I most likely will never put in the guide.

Here is the link to the stock:

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?...products_id=234

Edited by stokstad

nice conversion! if you have the ar stock converion, you should look into the m4 SOCOM. my friend has one on his ar, and it is sweet. it even has a little meat tenderizer thing on the botem of the but for hitting people!

black jack, im dying for a way to mount my red dot. could a stock saiga hand guard be trimed down to accept the ultimak mount?

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the range this weekend. I had a blast! My conversion worked flawlessly. As did my new S-12. Fired lots of rounds and had a great time. Except when my new Ruger p345 messed up. It fired off a couple boxes of ammo and as far as I can tell (which I know very little about the gun) I think the safety lock turned a bit and now it wont fire. Oh well back to the gun store that goes. Good time tried bump firing for the first time boy is that fun. Until someone frome the clubhouse came out and glared at us lol.

• 1 month later...