• 12 round drum same or slightly longer than SS 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It got bumped because the poll is still open and some jagoff felt they needed to participate in the old poll.

You know all drum possibility where not mentioned in this poll! How many votes would this thing get?

Hmm... I think if it held too many rounds, I could have lower back problems.

The drum above shold be called the Double D drum LOL! on the mags I choose the double stack 12 shorter than a single stack 10rd, second pick would be the DS 16,Hey Mike make it happen

Consider it done! (Just not in production yet)

• Like 1

Every time I think about buying any other mags, I just say to myself, "Patience. Mike will bring the goods, and you will feel like a dumbass for buying more mags of inferior design." I am so fucking stoked about these mags it hurts.

Edited by stiletto raggio
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If someone decides and manages to make the double stack mags, please have in mind the magwell. Your product has to be able to be used with the magwell, even with soem neccesary modding.

As for capacity my first choice would be the 12 round DS. But, of course, my first buy would be the 20rd drum. If someone decides to send me some in Greece. :super:

Maybe a 10-round DS short-stick for us who like nice round numbers.

Cameron, are those hemispheres a necessary structural part of your double-drum, or just cosmetic?

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe a 10-round DS short-stick for us who like nice round numbers.

Cameron, are those hemispheres a necessary structural part of your double-drum, or just cosmetic?

Totally needed bro.

• 8 months later...

looked into double stacked mags with a rimmed case, only thing I found was an old 30 shot Grendel 22 magnum pistol.

When someone figures it out for a Saiga shotgun more power to them. generally I'd prefer the narrower mag to the drum, but cost and reliably would have to be factored in.

Note I don't see me getting into a OMG thing if I did the only factor would be does it work every time.

Wow!!!!! Holy dredged up threads Batman. We (collectively) have been bitching for double stack mags for two years now? MD, Pro-Mag, AGP, SGM, that is sad. Two years and no visible progress; you must be used to working for the Gub'ment.

Two years? It only took me 3 weeks from the time I said I was going to make one until I was test firing the prototype ( I did have the fundumentals mentally thought out in advance of making it). The protoype has ALWAYS been flawless from day one. I could have started firing it much sooner but manually felt it out and dialed it in for a couple weeks to get those results.

I am VERY proud because many have tried and failed to work it out. And many with a lot more resources than me. Who wouldn't be proud? Especially a high school drop out tree trimmer that was never supposed to be anything, lol! :super:

I will talk in fairly high detail in a couple weeks. I could now but personally want to wait a bit longer. I have taken all the steps to patent this design. This is my protection for any shotgun and in any gauge! Promag won't be doing a cheap knock off of this mag!!! The way I see it it is there is only 2 good ways to do the design. And one of those actually sucks big time in comparison to the other. Both designs will be protected though :devil: .

I will say it will come in multiple capacities. With plans to do a 20ga and .410 as well. We will also be looking at other mag fed shotguns. And may try to contact the AA-12 guys to see if they might have an interest and maybe even Izhmash.

And yes, this mag will dominate all current Saiga-12 mags both factory and aftermarket! And with Tom Cole's ( Cadiz Gun Works ) soon to come LRBHO... Things are looking really nice for all of us!!!

• Like 2

looked at this thread again after saw DrGonzo's post had looked at it before when working on a plan for a mag build.

double stacking a rimmed case was way harder than sticking with a single stack

the old Grendel P30 had the only working mag like that I'd seen. Kel-Tec is coming back out with it.

to me for a shotgun mag it would be easier to get Winchester to make rimless cases and Saiga to make a fitting bolt.

someone will figure it out and get it done, all I know it won't be me, or will it, naw not me, someone beat me to it cool..

Edited by going12220

to me for a shotgun mag it would be easier to get Winchester to make rimless cases and Saiga to make a fitting bolt.

Actually a rimless case has been done before. It never went anywhere though. One of the benifits of a shotgun is all the different types af ammo for it. You would have to make the entire world standardize (is that a real word, lol) shotgun ammo to keep this benifit. Not many people are going to be interested if it eliminates 99% of current ammo made. In my opinion it should have been stardardized 100 years ago. But shotgun designs never called for it before and that is why shotgun ammo today is not much further along than civil war tech.

I am VERY proud because many have tried and failed to work it out. And many with a lot more resources than me. Who wouldn't be proud? Especially a high school drop out tree trimmer that was never supposed to be anything, lol! :super:

Mike you forgot the 1st rule of OZ. The scarecrow wanted a brain, the wizard couldn't give him a brain, so he gave him a diploma.

Over the years I've met a lot more people with diplomas than brains.

Great job on figuring out the key to the double stack rimmed case shotgun mag, can't wait to see how you did it.

Just saw should add happy birthday.

Edited by going12220
  • Like 1

Double stacks would be my 1st vote, the added thickness would just add to the overall "scare em before you blast em" look. I understand costs, and reasearch, but why cant a rotary magazine design work for drums of a smaller size like a huge ruger 10/22 mag. those things never fail.

Edited by Ander

Double stacks would be my 1st vote, the added thickness would just add to the overall "scare em before you blast em" look. I understand costs, and reasearch, but why cant a rotary magazine design work for drums of a smaller size like a huge ruger 10/22 mag. those things never fail.

Like those old wind up mags they had? Those should work for shot shells np. It would be a narrow drum but long like a 12 round mag with no curve. Your still only talking about 20 rounds max unless you wanted to make it crazy huge.

I've been waiting for the DS. I have held off on buying to many mags because I wanted the DS and now very soon a few could be mine. Can't wait to see your design Mike and to see how well they work as I know they will.

Wow!!!!! Holy dredged up threads Batman. We (collectively) have been bitching for double stack mags for two years now? MD, Pro-Mag, AGP, SGM, that is sad. Two years and no visible progress; you must be used to working for the Gub'ment.

Two years? It only took me 3 weeks from the time I said I was going to make one until I was test firing the prototype ( I did have the fundumentals mentally thought out in advance of making it). The protoype has ALWAYS been flawless from day one. I could have started firing it much sooner but manually felt it out and dialed it in for a couple weeks to get those results.

I will talk in fairly high detail in a couple weeks. I could now but personally want to wait a bit longer. I have taken all the steps to patent this design. This is my protection for any shotgun and in any gauge! Promag won't be doing a cheap knock off of this mag!!! The way I see it it is there is only 2 good ways to do the design. And one of those actually sucks big time in comparison to the other. Both designs will be protected though :devil: .

I will say it will come in multiple capacities. With plans to do a 20ga and .410 as well. We will also be looking at other mag fed shotguns. And may try to contact the AA-12 guys to see if they might have an interest and maybe even Izhmash.

And yes, this mag will dominate all current Saiga-12 mags both factory and aftermarket! And with Tom Cole's ( Cadiz Gun Works ) soon to come LRBHO... Things are looking really nice for all of us!!!

Take your time on releasing it to make sure your patent is cement.

You don't wanna have to fight any BS with an inferior manufacturer trying to steal your design & cheapen it up for the S-12 community.

Also.... Last time I checked all the kids with down syndrome get their highschool deplomas...

"Officially Educated" & Highly intelligent are 2 vastly differing attributes.

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1

When I look back at my original post, it is crazy to see just how far "we" have come. Now, with Surefire and ProMag offerings in addition to the original AGP sticks and MD drum, there is more competition to be had and, predictably, prices have fallen dramatically. The Chaos stick and drum will be a welcome addition as well. While Mike's DS mags will definitely be a unique player and will be well worth "upgrading" to, I think there are legitimate arguments to be made for most all of the options out there. I still use five round mags for slugs, and with quality 10 round mags down to the low $30 range, they are, round for round, definitely the most economical mags out there.

I was glad to see this thread receive so much feedback initially and I hope it was useful for the guys spent their time and money developing new mags. I hope they come to fruition soon.

just wanted to tell MD that 'I have no problem with the wait'. If you've got these things working perfectly, you've done a hell of a design job and you deserve to rake in all the proceeds from the design. Fawk the knock offs. Get them patents squared away first and then hook us up with the goodies. :super: 16 rounders would definitely be my first choice. IMO, the current 10 round mags are the maximum cozy length to use...

BTW, is there gonna be a forum member pre-order sale of some kind for the first run? :devil:

Edited by jekbrown
  • Like 1

What if you put a divider between the two rows in a double stack mag? Just have them merge at the top. If you do the divider right you could still use one mag spring and follower for both sides. It would eliminate stacking issues between the two sides.

Mike is the American Dream! God bless you for coming up with the next big thing(s) and FUCK Promag for ripping you off and making their first product that (according to members here) actually works.

I hope this patent generates enough licenses & money so you can retire 10 times over but instead choose to make more kick-ass stuff!