• 10 round drum same or shorter than SS 5
    • 12 round drum same or slightly longer than SS 5
  2. 2. What would be your second pick?

• DS 16 round mag the length of a SS 10
    • DS 12 round mag the length of a SS 8
    • DS 8 round mag the one inch longer than a SS 5
    • 10 round drum same or shorter than SS 5
    • 12 round drum same or slightly longer than SS 5

I don't see how promag ripped off his design. Theirs has a number of a different things, how "different" does something have to be before it's not a rip of? Competition is wonderful, it brings down prices and makes better products.

If they make a mag that works they ripped it off from someone. They can't make an ak mag that runs reliably.

Edited by r1schmelz
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It got bumped because the poll is still open and some jagoff felt they needed to participate in the old poll.

You know all drum possibility where not mentioned in this poll! How many votes would this thing get?

Hmm... I think if it held too many rounds, I could have lower back problems.

You know all drum possibility where not mentioned in this poll!

How many votes would this thing get?

boobiedrum.jpg

Cameron, it needs bigger nipples!

The problem with drums, even the C-mag type is that its a pain in the butt to carry the gun with these drums in it.

With the gun slung the drum is bashing into you or in the way. If someone made a dubble stack mag I assume it would be better. It would have to be made in a right and left hand version. That way the extra stack of ammo is on the outside, the gun can lay flat aganst you slung, and not in your way.

ETA: try to carry spair drums, its a pain. Then see how much more ammunition you could carry in standard magazines in the same amount of space, chest rig or vest.

Edited by mike123456
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone heard any news on the doublestacks lately? Thought MD said not too long ago we were getting close... :super:

i stopped holding my breath a while ago,. if it happens sweet, ill buy a few. if not, oh well.

Will the DS mags work out of the package or will they need to be filed a bit like the drums?

I like the idea of all of them personally. I always felt the 8 rounders were long enough but I love the AGP 10 rounders. I'd definitely buy some of the 10's 12's and 16's out of the gate if the prices are right. Otherwise I'll be waiting, I'm not getting stuck like last time paying $260 for a drum that drops half in price a few months later.

I'm not in a hurry.

... Apparently Cobra 762 has something up his sleeve.....

Cobra76two has something up his sleeve.... ummm, along with magwells and LRBHO.... we have all been reading these sorts of things for well over twelve months, if not twenty-four months.

Yet... I do so enjoy keeping all these dreams alive!

:super:

Fortunately, Cobra has a lot of sleeves...

Just last weekend I saw on one of the outdoor shooting cable channels a 3-gun special. One guy had a kick-ass Saiga 12, and one had a SPAS-12 that he built a welded frankenmag for that I think held 12 rounds???? They claimed that one magazine for the mag was either 600 or 800 bucks and the gun was 12K plus. Is this really true?

I hope we never see the democratic no import crap policy days in the future that could bring this type of absolute psychosis around a weapon. If it did happen, just think what your stockpile of AGP mags will be worth. I think this is the biggest box I would consider. Already heavy enough and unwieldy to store or carry spares. Can't image a double stack 8 or 12. Now a 6.......HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Hell yes, steel frankenmags! CSSPECS is developing that steel 8 rd. for the S-20, a steel mag for the S-12 is the only thing keeping it from its true place in the world of small arms (even if they are spot welded, those 308 box mags are der shitenhiemen!!!!!!). :exciting:

dare i say that i dont think this design is what mike thought it was, i mean he already has the resources in place. theres no reason it would take this long to make them unless they're not working. i hope im wrong but i just dont see what's taking so long. a couple months ago he said he would share more in a couple weeks??? dont get me wrong i know these things take time but he already did all the leg work with the drums so whats taking so long?? maybe im just impatient and fearing the worst?

i vote for DS 16 and 8.

Edited by big-J
  • Like 1

Quick q's. I haven't gotten around to getting a promag 12 drum, but how "long" is it compared to the factory 5 rounder? and whats the length difference between a I mean if you already have the choice between a small compact 12 rounder and then the large MD20, why would you need a DS mag? I mean a DS12 would have to be more compact than a promag 12 to make it logical...right? no sense in a larger mag with the same capacity.

Edited by AtlSaiga

I'm guessing because stick mags tend to be simpler to construct and cheaper in general than a drum. Also keep in mind, that some folks live in nasty backwards places where a 20 round drum is not a reality. I'd love to have 10 rounds in a small compact, reliable mag that won't require me to mortgage my home to have more than a couple =)

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Quick q's. I haven't gotten around to getting a promag 12 drum, but how "long" is it compared to the factory 5 rounder? and whats the length difference between a I mean if you already have the choice between a small compact 12 rounder and then the large MD20, why would you need a DS mag? I mean a DS12 would have to be more compact than a promag 12 to make it logical...right? no sense in a larger mag with the same capacity.

Without looking, I think the P12 drum is just about the same length as the Rusky 5. I will take a measurement when I get home.

• 2 months later...

Out of curiosity--for those who are actively working on such things--what is it that makes double-stacking the s12 so difficult? Friction at the neck?0

Out of curiosity - Your Saiga 12 takes a bottle neck 12 gauge round? :unsure:

dare i say that i dont think this design is what mike thought it was, i mean he already has the resources in place. theres no reason it would take this long to make them unless they're not working. i hope im wrong but i just dont see what's taking so long. a couple months ago he said he would share more in a couple weeks??? dont get me wrong i know these things take time but he already did all the leg work with the drums so whats taking so long?? maybe im just impatient and fearing the worst?

i vote for DS 16 and 8.

That isn't it. The project has been idle for over a year, besides filing the patent. That is why it has taken so long. Too many things that took our focus off of it. We are clearing the schedle to make it top priority though. Just finishing up a couple more things first. We are shooting for early summer. I know I said I would release more info some time ago but just would rather keep the main details quite for now. Trust the delay hurts me more than anyone.

i vote for DS 16 and 8.

That isn't it. The project has been idle for over a year, besides filing the patent. That is why it has taken so long. Too many things that took our focus off of it. We are clearing the schedle to make it top priority though. Just finishing up a couple more things first. We are shooting for early summer. I know I said I would release more info some time ago but just would rather keep the main details quite for now. Trust the delay hurts me more than anyone.

Thanks for the update Mike! Im really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted for 16 then 12... but the upcoming (hopefully) and reliable (hopefully) and available to the public (hopefully) and affordable (hopefully)... quad stacks are even more intriguing. That stated, if Mike has these available first then I'm definitely buying some.

Edited by Mike1234567

double stack 12 round would be nice..drums on these are overkill IMHO....i have the md 20 and it just sits in the safe..too damn heavy...yeah reasonable priced 12 or 10 double stack thats works would be just about right...would pick up a 16 or 20 just to have but doubtful i would ever use

A question:

is there a reason other than tradition that there aren't any shotguns that fire non-flanged ammo, like rifle and pistol ammo?

Its not really tradition but more of a simple way of dealing with the mechanics of a shotshell, the real reason is headspace. Most pistols today headspace on the mouth of the case and rifles headspace on the case's shoulder. Shotshells headspace on the rim because they must unfold at the mouth when fired and therefore the over all length of the shell increases.

This is why you should never try shooting a 3" shotshell in a 2.75" only chambered shotgun even though the 3" shell might fit, the folded part of the shell would unfold into the barrel (smaller diameter then the chamber), the shot/buck/slug and wad would be compressed through the partially opened shotshell and cause dangerously high chamber pressure that could result in a kB!

Your unfired 3" and 2.75" shells don't measure out to be 3" and 2.75", an unfired 3" shell may actually be 2.5" and the 2.75" shell may measure 2.25" but a fired 3" or 2.75" shell should measure out to be somewhere around 3" or 2.75" respectively, a 3" chamber is cut to 3" to allow the 2.5" 3" shell to safely unfold without obstructing the bore.

It might be possible to make rimless 12ga shotshells from cut down .505 Gibbs brass or something (10ga from 50BMG brass?) that would headspace on the mouth, and your 3" shells would actually be 3" long. Keep in mind though that your brass and gun would be wildcats, no factory ammo available, brass would be expensive (both to make yourself or to have custom made), you would have to work up your own reloads with zero data to start from and your gun would only be able to shoot shells that were the same length as your chamber, again because of headspace (3" chamber = 3" shells only, 2.75" chamber = 2.75" shells only).

BTW, double stack magazines for rimmed cartridges invite nothing but major rim-lock issues, so I would have to vote for single stacks up to 8 rounds and drums for any capacity above 8 (a drum mag in this case is essentially just a long single stack mag that has been bent sideways into a circle)

50 BMG is the same case diameter as 12 gauge (not rim).

boobiedrum.jpg

Call that thing DOLLY!!! Or Torpedo tits or the Brass Bra, flesh tone with pink nipples anyone???

I favor a double stack mag, anything to shorten the length and keep capacity up. Plastic vs steel, plastic is light weight but I am suspect of how well it would hold up in cold weather. I like how plastic is used with steel inserts for feed lips and latch stubs like the commies do it, best of both.

I think the DS would be very popular if they work and aren't too expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

I want 4 as long as they are 20+ rounds preferable 24+ rounds and less than 150 each! it shouldn't be too hard for knowledgeable folks to make a beta drum similar to to 12 round promag drums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:killer:

You know all drum possibility where not mentioned in this poll!

How many votes would this thing get?

boobiedrum.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

^^^ Yeah, prices will probably be a bit high when they first arrive on the market due to high initial demand. That's great for the manufacturer... and more power to him, BTW, because profit is what gets the wheels turning to make new products available. However, us poor folk must wait until the inital wave of demand dwindles and prices come down or we can't afford to buy them. Ehh... then again, maybe I'm just a cheap old bastard.:haha: