• 10 round drum same or shorter than SS 5
    • 12 round drum same or slightly longer than SS 5

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It got bumped because the poll is still open and some jagoff felt they needed to participate in the old poll.

You know all drum possibility where not mentioned in this poll! How many votes would this thing get?

Hmm... I think if it held too many rounds, I could have lower back problems.

1st of all check current SS mag and drum prices;

the 10 rd agps are 27-29 dollars

the 5 rd taiwanese mags are 11.95

sgmt mags range from 30-45 dollars for the 5, 8, 10, 12 rounders

the md arms drum is 120 and often to here on the forum 79.99?

the promag drums are 69.99-89.99 for the 10-12-20 round drums depending on where you buy!

your DS mag Idea is great, really great, but the prices you quote as targets are very high in my opinion?

Almost forgot. Here is a breakdown of currently available aftremarket feed devices for comparison. Price is actual street price.

Current Products:

AGP 10 round magazines

Long, but reliable and relatively high capacity

Price: $42-60

Taiwanese 5 round mags

Quality reproduction of factory mags; compact and reliable

Price: $20-25

Tromix AGP mag base

Allows shortening of AGP mags to 2, 4, 6 and eight round capacities

Price: $20

MD Arms 20 round drum

Highest capacity available; much shorter than an AGP mag, not a damn WM

Price: $230

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

me thinks double stack S12 mag development is dead. been quite some time now. i would have a hard time getting my hands on one anyway so its just fine with me. I'll just enjoy my two Izzy 8's for now. I can wait for those double stacks if and when they ever materialize.

Getting one to feed reliably would be harder than Chinese arithmetic!

Somebody will make one that works, or NOT!

If one comes out that WORKS it would be great! If one comes out that is not as reliable as an MD drum, then I am NOT interested.

I am not losing any sleep over it!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I don't care who you are. It is wise to sit back and watch the election. I would not be investing much capital in any firearms related product development or related manufacture without knowing the future leadership of this country. The market could be shut down very quickly and all is lost with the wrong person in office. (Think Clinton Ban). I would not say a peep about developing projects until the new president is inaugurated.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

ProMag will have DS mag's out before MD Arm's.

Mike's patent application was written so that it covered alot of different issues concerning the manufacture of ds mags. You won't see anyone produce them except for MD Arms. They would be in violation of patent laws and that usually stirs up a big shitstorm.

Mine is a competition only Saiga 12, has the JTE magwell, the SGM 12 rounder's work well. I'd rather have the double stack mags no matter the capacity. (more BB"s the better). That said, My M-11 Lage Max 31, 9mm sub gun can use the 50 round double stack "coffin mags" with no problems....( It helps that the 9mm cases do no have a "lip" at the rear of the shell , so they "stack" flat, I'm sure).

I used to shoot .38 Super in my competition pistol (now 9mm)....That cartridge has a "lip" on the case. The mags worked just fine (Although many have swithched to the 38 Super Comp which is "flat"). I'd think the shotgun shell "lip" is not a unsolvibile problem, let's hope so?.

I don't care who you are. It is wise to sit back and watch the election. I would not be investing much capital in any firearms related product development or related manufacture without knowing the future leadership of this country. The market could be shut down very quickly and all is lost with the wrong person in office. (Think Clinton Ban). I would not say a peep about developing projects until the new president is inaugurated.

People have been pushing me to start up, but this is the essensce of my thoughts on the matter. I wholeheartedly believe the firearms industry will take huge hit if obama is re-elected. Not at first, but it will come.

I can't blame MD for holding out even though I would like to have some of these mags.

I can't blame MD for holding out even though I would like to have some of these mags.

There's a big difference between holding out and dropping off the grid. With every month that goes by, the chances of MD Arms returning to business diminishes dramatically. I honestly expect to never hear from them again at this point.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Double stack 16 is my first choice. Voted for DS 12 as 2nd choice but a DS 14 would be better. Double tube shotguns now available have 14 rounds in the tubes. Should be able to match or exceed that. Drums are less appealing due to the possible reduced reliability, slower reloads, and ergonomic problems.

at this point I just don't see it happening. If MD doesn't want to make them, I have no idea why he doesn't sell the design or license it or something. We need to flood the market before any potential ban is passed. License someone to make them and demand $5 per mag royalties or something and call it good. Might as well get some $ out of all the design work. Alternatively, we could let the Obamunists win.

at this point I just don't see it happening. If MD doesn't want to make them, I have no idea why he doesn't sell the design or license it or something. We need to flood the market before any potential ban is passed. License someone to make them and demand $5 per mag royalties or something and call it good. Might as well get some $ out of all the design work. Alternatively, we could let the Obamunists win.
If all the kinks were worked out regarding reliability I would be holding one in my hand as we speak. This shit takes time I guess. Once the design is perfected we will see them, not a moment before. Besides who can afford to shoot guns anymore anyways, be patient. Good things come to those who wait, I hope.
  • Like 1
If all the kinks were worked out regarding reliability I would be holding one in my hand as we speak. This shit takes time I guess. Once the design is perfected we will see them, not a moment before. Besides who can afford to shoot guns anymore anyways, be patient. Good things come to those who wait, I hope.

Edited: It's come to my attention that it's popular to over promise and under perform. I have to retract my previous statement shaking my head in the process.

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter
  • 2 years later...

Forums seem to like auto-boosting threads at times. I had a thread keep appearing in my "watched" list that told me I posted something I hadn't read yet.