Different Sized 10rd Mags?

I own two 7.62x39 Saigas but my brother (who is stationed in Moody Air Force Base) ran off with one of them and MY second 30rd mag, leaving me, his stock 10rd mag. Well, I was loading them the other day when I saw that one was bigger than the other. When I looked at them again, they were the same size. I though I was losing my mind. Apparently, when you line them up with back towards you, they are the same size but if you line them up on the side one is bigger. My first thought was that they gave me a 15rd instead of a 10, so I went to see if 5 more rounds could be put it. It was full. My second thought was that the smaller mag was a 5rd, I took the bullets out and it was 10, same as the taller mag. I'm not making a big deal out of this situation, but I do find it strange. Anyone know why I have two different sized 10rd mags?

post-12489-1221667423_thumb.jpg

post-12489-1221667441_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the replies!

Yes I'm serious, I was a curious as y'all were.

Optical illusion? Possibly, but when you lay the mags on top of each other, they're different sizes. But when you look at the front and back they're the same size. I can try to make a video and show you what I'm talkin about.

Thanks for the replies!

Yes I'm serious, I was a curious as y'all were.

Optical illusion? Possibly, but when you lay the mags on top of each other, they're different sizes. But when you look at the front and back they're the same size. I can try to make a video and show you what I'm talkin about.

I'm voting for the "optical illusion" theory.

Lay the "smaller" one directly on to of the "bigger" one, and take a pic directly from the top looking down on them. That way, we should easily see the difference, if there is any.

ETA:

Here is a picture I found on an optical illusion website (and it's weird that they actually look like mags :lol: ) and it illustrates the illusion. These two are the same size, but one looks bigger than the other.

shape.gif

Edited by 22_Shooter

When the moon is full they stretch a little bit and you can get an extra round in. I thought everybody knew that. :unsure:

:haha:

Just an illusion bro! The closer mag will always look bigger no matter what angle you are viewing it from.

Good find 22 Shooter! Those do look like mags! I bet whoever put that on that site has an AK and has learned this the same way we have.