M4 style collapsible stocks that take a 12 gauge beating

I'm looking to add a M4 style collapsible stock to my Saiga12 but I don't want to cut the rear tang. I'm looking for the following characteristics:

1. Sturdy and rugged, take the beating of 12 gauge recoil

2. A good recoil pad can be added to the stock to help soak up the recoil

3. doesn't require cutting the rear tang of the firearm

The following are items that I've heard:

1. Vltor apparently makes a buffer tube that bolts straight up using the existing tang and also has the EMOD stock

2. Tapco T6 has a bolt on unit but I am curious if the all plastic design is a little lacking for the 12 gauge recoil

3. I've heard good things about the limbsaver recoil pads

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated for modifying the stock of my saiga 12. Again, I want a sturdy M4 style collapsible stock that will take the beating of a 12 gauge and also be able to soak up the recoil without cutting off the rear tang and not having the extra length of the Ace style external receiver block. Thanks all for your suggestions.

Regards,

J

The Vltor tube pairs up great with the Magpul CTR stock (neither are cheap). The stock has an extra lever with a friction locking mechanism, making for a really solid stock. It doesn't wobble at all. Make sure you match up mil-spec tube with mil-spec stock and commercial with commercial, otherwise they won't fit each other. Here's a link to my gun with that setup: click here.

The Vltor tube pairs up great with the Magpul CTR stock (neither are cheap). The stock has an extra lever with a friction locking mechanism, making for a really solid stock. It doesn't wobble at all. Make sure you match up mil-spec tube with mil-spec stock and commercial with commercial, otherwise they won't fit each other. Here's a link to my gun with that setup: click here.

That's a nice setup! Just what I'm going for. I was reading your post and someone mentioned the CAA (Command Arms Accessories) CBS stock w/ Aluminum tube for the stamped AK receiver as being a more secure connection than the Vltor tube. Said the Vltor tube was only connected using a screw through the top tang and that it wasn't as secure up and down. Anybody have any experience with these? Also, I have heard good things about the magpul CTR, Vltor EMOD, and CAA stock.

I'm leaning toward the CAA aluminum tube and I'm not sure on the stock, yet. Any other suggestions? Any suggestions on the recoil pad?

Thanks all for you help!

CAA tube with CTR stock on mine...plenty tough. The tube also has a void that happens to be a honeymoon fit for a mercury tube if you want additional weight/buffering. Just make sure your tube and stock diameter match (Mil Spec vs Commercial) No tang cut required.

post-1866-1222202649_thumb.jpg

post-1866-1222222556_thumb.jpg

Edited by 6500rpm
I have the CAA tube and stock on my 223. I'd buy it again, the poly is thick and tuff and the stock has good engagement.

100_0611.jpg

I'm going with the CAA tube/stock for now. I like the look.

CAA tube with CTR stock on mine...plenty tough. The tube also has a void that happens to be a honeymoon fit for a mercury tube if you want additional weight/buffering. Just make sure your tube and stock diameter match (Mil Spec vs Commercial) No tang cut required.

Thanks. Nice guns. I might go with another stock in the future but I think I'll go with the CAA stock for now. Can't beat the price for an aluminum tube w/ stock.