Death of a dear friend.

Well I get home yesterday and see a little note from the UPS man. So I call and arrange to pick it.

With excitement I sign and hurry home to fiddle with my new toy. I notice that the box looked like a gorilla had pounced on it a time or too but ensure myself that even a gorilla would be no match for the stoutness of the MD-20.

Well someone better call the authorities at UPS because they have a mutated gorilla with some sort of supernatural powers that has destroyed my drum. :wet_eyes:

post-6390-1221773353_thumb.jpg

post-6390-1221773367_thumb.jpg

post-6390-1221773407_thumb.jpg

My condolences on you loss. May your new, but recently departed, friend R.I.P.

Sometimes UPS just sucks. I bought a mountain bike which they delivered with about 10 holes punched in the box and one end smashed. When I saw it the UPS guy asked me if I wanted to refuse acceptance. He knew they had ruined it. Lately it seems like UPS is a crap shoot. Sometimes they deliver the item just fine, then other times, well what can we say. Unfortunately, there are not too many alternative choices.

WJ

Dude!!!! I hope you can at least get some comp from UPS........ I know thats not the point after such a long wait.......

Feel bad for you bro...... :wet_eyes:

Well I get home yesterday and see a little note from the UPS man. So I call and arrange to pick it.

With excitement I sign and hurry home to fiddle with my new toy. I notice that the box looked like a gorilla had pounced on it a time or too but ensure myself that even a gorilla would be no match for the stoutness of the MD-20.

Well someone better call the authorities at UPS because they have a mutated gorilla with some sort of supernatural powers that has destroyed my drum. :wet_eyes:

Well, UPS uses the lowland gorillas while FedEx uses highland gorillas. The lowland gorillas grow a bit bigger and are far fucking dumber so all in all, it's better using the FedEx gorillas...

A few years ago during the holiday season, they caught USPS workers at a large northern transfer station using the packages for footballs and kicking them across the room to each other. Some of these people could care less if the stuff gets there broken or even at all.

I got a box of items and ammo that the wife signed for and didnt look close at the box, it had been slyly taped up so you could not see the damage from the outside, but as soon as I opened the box, I could see that a tin of 300 rds of Mosin ammo had ripped through the side of the box and UPS had just taped the box shut. Sportsmansguide sent me another tin to replace it. I got lucky on that one I suppose.

Really really sorry for your loss, I would have probably cried.

I hope it is somehow made right for you.

Sorry to hear that. I can tell you that while you think it is a person I can assure you the reponsible party probably isn't a person. Thats right, odds are that there was a problem at the sort facility and it was smashed in the belt system. Minimum UPS policy is automatically $100.00 with each package....... so you should be covered for that much at least. But you are going to have to possibly raise holy hell and keep on their ass to get it back. Good luck.

A few years ago during the holiday season, they caught USPS workers at a large northern transfer station using the packages for footballs and kicking them across the room to each other. Some of these people could care less if the stuff gets there broken or even at all.

I used to work for a very large mailer so we used to go in an tour the postal facilities to tighten relations. It was normal for them to have a bunch of sacks gathered around them up to 20 foot or so away. Every package was thrown through the air in an endless game of hoops. What you saw is pretty much SOP except for the kicking which is normally throwing instead.

Sorry to hear that. I can tell you that while you think it is a person I can assure you the reponsible party probably isn't a person. Thats right, odds are that there was a problem at the sort facility and it was smashed in the belt system.

Yup, we lost a lot of mail that way. Enough that we worked with the USPS to test what would flow through their equipment with the fewest problems. Made a huge difference what they used to sort it.

That brings up a good Question. After all the wait is the package insured? It's been so long I don't even remember what the shipping charge was. I would definitely pay more shipping to have it covered. Covered with a replacement I mean not the money back. I would like to hear what mike has to say about this but I now he is to busy now. If UPS gives the preorder amount back do you have to pay the increased price? This is one package I will open in front of the UPShole before taking it. I was not that worried about something like that when I order but now after so long and so many dates it would suck to wait another year for the second run. :cryss:

Just do what I did, I was out on the deck testing new loads for the 9mm, the "wife" sticks her head out the door and hollers that UPS is coming up the drive way, "What I Cunt hear you", I keep on testing. I could actually see him come around the back of the house, thru the cracks in the privatcy fence on the deck and he's HOLLERING at the top of his voice, "DON'T SHOOT, IT"S UPS, I HAVE AMMO". That's NO SHIT, the same guy that delivers at our shop, runs this route too. He didn't get shot, but did take a minute to dump a 28 round mag out of my silenced Lusa A2.

I will agree that both UPS and Fedex trash stuff, but don't diss the drivers, it's the assholes in the terminals that screw things up. The UPS main place in town takes a ceesta from 12 to 2 every day, locked up tighter than a drum, must be for busting up packages, they must have a pretty good union to screw off like they do and get paid so good, but don't worry, when they go belly up, the gubersment gonna bails dem out, and we'll still get smushed shit. Until they replace the drum, I'd take it apart, see if I could push the piece back down and maybe epoxy it to hold until the replacement arrives, because if you can, OH GOD at the fun you'll have, I just had to run another 100 rounds from the deck this afternoon with mine.

Killasoundz - I feel your pain. I had an S-12 that I had waited 8 months for get busted up by UPS. I was taken care of by Red Stick but we just paid for the parts out of pocket and he covered the labor so as not to have to argue with UPS. I have not had a package screwed up by FedEx but that is not to say it doesn't happen. Notify Mike (I am sure you already did) and be patient. He is a super guy to deal with and I am certain he will take care of you.

That is very un-typical and I'd like to know what they did to it. Reason being is that Matt beat the shit out of one of the beta drums with a hammer at the pin and was kicking it around on the ground and did "0" damage to it. I thought he was out of his mind, but his reply was that Mike told him to test it. All I can say is WTF! (true story).

I got in touch with Mike and he's taking care of me. Im going to finish destroying this one for research purposes (as per Mike's request) and have filed a claim with UPS so that Mike can get his money back. I've waited a year for this so another week or so wont kill me.

As long as you've got it in hand might as well try it out. Add a little duct tape and see how it goes. :devil: