Death of a dear friend.

I worked for the fucking UPS fux for a brief time unloading and loading. They have no regard for what's in the boxes...the priority is for the box to make it to it's destination on the scheduled date. I get more bullshit from fuckups in one year than I have ever gotten from USPS since I've been mailing shit. Hopefully the claim works out for both of you. If you break out a microscope and read the super-fine print, I think all you get in return is a C-note. Fucking ups fucks fuck ups anyway. :ded:

Edited by Surly
I worked for the fucking UPS fux for a brief time unloading and loading. They have no regard for what's in the boxes...the priority is for the box to make it to it's destination on the scheduled date. I get more bullshit from fuckups in one year than I have ever gotten from USPS since I've been mailing shit. Hopefully the claim works out for both of you. If you break out a microscope and read the super-fine print, I think all you get in return is a C-note. Fucking ups fucks fuck ups anyway. :ded:

You have certainly lived up to your name Surly! :haha:

Worst/best case I've had with UPS:

They cracked a small engine block! I shipped an old vespa scooter motor to a shop for a rebuild as I didn't have the time to do it myself. The shop said the box looked like it fell from 20 feet. The crank popped through the box so hard it cracked the aluminum case! Good thing the shop suggested I insure it for $1,500. A few weeks later and a couple calls I received my check.

Well Mike sent me a replacement so I began with some basic torturing.

First things first I decided to disect it and see if the damage went any further than the drum body. Everything checked out fine except the gear couldnt rotate because the body was pushed in to far.

I figured I just break away the pieces and clear the obstruction. It was no easy task this drum is certainly stout. I literally had to use a chisel and hammer to break the pieces off. After fiddling with it for a few minutes I had removed all the broken pieces.

Then I loaded it up with 20 rounds and everything looked good.

So then I decided to park my truck on top of it.

Heres the video. And a couple pictures. When I get a chance I'll try and go to the range and see if it shoots. Then I'll do some more destruction.

post-6390-1222635351_thumb.jpg

post-6390-1222635368_thumb.jpg

Edited by killasoundz

If nothing else, you can get a drum cover for the wraithfaker and have a quasi-open design that actually works without having to send in your shotty. :lolol:

Glad to see that Mike hooked you up despite the UPSfux fuck-up's short comings. :super:

Great test! Whats next level, throwing it out of the truck at highway speeds? Or a monster truck park job? LOL! I also talked with my friend who ran a UPS truck warehouse. He said "With all the belts and gears, if that package got caught on a fed lip and had a back up of other packages it could be as much as 15 tons before the line is cleared or shut down. He has had his arm broken from trying to clear it... not to smart. Anything over 2 tons is insane. That shows how strong this mag is. Id like to know what the weight was to break it. Hope to see more fun tests.

Dang near got whiplash from the video :eek:

either way...glad to see that UPS really must of impaled that thing to break it since well...that's a truck sitting on a broken drum and all...

waiting to see if it cycles when shooting

I think the next test will be to throw it off my roof. Or drag it behind the truck like in the saiga demo video. Havent decided yet. Would be cool to duplicate the saiga video but dont have a place to do it during hunting season.

First things first I'll have to shoot it. Im positive the drum is fine. The only thing that might cause a hiccup is my gun. But I have the other to compare side by side with.

I think the next test will be to throw it off my roof. Or drag it behind the truck like in the saiga demo video. Havent decided yet. Would be cool to duplicate the saiga video but dont have a place to do it during hunting season.

First things first I'll have to shoot it. Im positive the drum is fine. The only thing that might cause a hiccup is my gun. But I have the other to compare side by side with.

In order to do that, your gun would need to be connected to the drum. :eek:

Sweet test! I knew they would take a trucks wait but hadn't had a chance to test it. Don't completely destroy the broke drum unless you want to. If it functions I would keep it. I'll do some very rigorous tourture testing soon after I get the first run shipped. Save the "broke" drum and your gun! Thanks for taking the time to do the crush test though. I'll do a video of actually driving a big truck up onto one and off and then immediately fire it empty. Also I'll do one like yours but let the jack out all at once so the truck falls on it and without the boards. Thaks again for doing this! Not sure what the UPS did to your original shipment but all I can say is DAMN they hit it VERY hard with something. I have beat these things directly with hammers and in 4 or 5 hits didn't do what they did with what looks to be one clean hit with something (while it was in a box)!

I'm guessing they impaled it with a forklift. That's really the only possibility. When you think about all the things that can happen when shipping, impaling with a spike really isn't one of them. Literally the only thing that could do that is a forklift.

"hey what you wanna go do today? "

"oh I dunno lets spear some boxes with the forktruck"

:rolleyes:

Kudos to mike for replacing the drum!!

I am curious, so in the end, the broken drum still works fine even with the damage after the broken pieces were removed?? If so, then why destroy it? It does work but has zero resale value since it is clearly smashed with a hole though it but as a backup, why not keep it instead of destroying it?

I dunno, I would just keep it and use it as a backup or something.

I got a $40,000/00 amplifier at work that had been stabbed right through the wooden crate by a fork truck driver. This thing is SOLID and weighs 135LBS! The front panel was bent in a wave. THe driver must have either been horsing around or had too much to inject before he came to work!