bho spring broke

While at the range today my S20 started to have issues loading rounds, never had any trouble before. At one point the S20 just locked up. When I got home I took the dust cover off and found the BHO spring had broke and the BHO was hanging up on the bolt itself. When I did the conversion I used the old spring. Is there someone selling this spring seperartely?

thanks

While at the range today my S20 started to have issues loading rounds, never had any trouble before. At one point the S20 just locked up. When I got home I took the dust cover off and found the BHO spring had broke and the BHO was hanging up on the bolt itself. When I did the conversion I used the old spring. Is there someone selling this spring seperartely?

thanks

It actually broke? It didn't just come off the BHO lever? Wow...never seen that one before....

• 4 months later...

MANY THANKS to RAAC and SaigaStock... My 308 BHO spring is on the way!!! :rolleyes:

These are some straight up people! :angel:

If you need a replacement BHO spring or BHO Plate, I'd contact SaigaStock and let them know...

... along with the Saiga model type.

As I had posted elsewhere...

Make your own with a pair of pliers, a screwdriver and $1.50...

Go to your local remote control hobby store (HobbyTown etc.) They will have a section that has spring steel rods in various lengths and diameters. (Not to mention brass, aluminum and various plastic pieces in all shapes and sizes.)

Find the right diameter rod you need. Should cost about $1.50.

Use a screwdriver, socket wrench extension, or what ever metal shaft you can find of the proper diameter to use to wrap the spring steel around. trim to length with wire cutters.

It may take a few tries to get it just right. For $1.50 you should have enough to make 10 BHO springs.

As I had posted elsewhere...

Make your own with a pair of pliers, a screwdriver and $1.50...

Go to your local remote control hobby store (HobbyTown etc.) They will have a section that has spring steel rods in various lengths and diameters. (Not to mention brass, aluminum and various plastic pieces in all shapes and sizes.)

Find the right diameter rod you need. Should cost about $1.50.

Use a screwdriver, socket wrench extension, or what ever metal shaft you can find of the proper diameter to use to wrap the spring steel around. trim to length with wire cutters.

It may take a few tries to get it just right. For $1.50 you should have enough to make 10 BHO springs.

Thanks JeffD.

I wanted a stronger mag-release spring, but didn't know how to go about doing it.

This sounds like a GREAT idea.

Thanks.