Question about bullet guide

I have the bullet guide for the x39 with round trunion.

1. Is the hole for the screw in the bullet guide suppose to be off-center? Meaning, closer to the right edge if you were looking at the chamber? If a hole was drilled in the center of the trunnion, the bullet guide would ride more up the left side of the trunnion due to the hole being closer to the right side of the guide.

2. The guide overhangs the trunnion. Is this by design? The stepped part slides under the barrel. It bottoms out by hitting the barrel, however the bullet guide is longer than the trunnion by 3/32 or so. I'm handy and can grind this to a perfect flush fit. I just don't want to ruin something that's correct because I think it might be wrong.

1. Is the hole for the screw in the bullet guide suppose to be off-center? Meaning, closer to the right edge if you were looking at the chamber? If a hole was drilled in the center of the trunnion, the bullet guide would ride more up the left side of the trunnion due to the hole being closer to the right side of the guide.

2. The guide overhangs the trunnion. Is this by design? The stepped part slides under the barrel. It bottoms out by hitting the barrel, however the bullet guide is longer than the trunnion by 3/32 or so. I'm handy and can grind this to a perfect flush fit. I just don't want to ruin something that's correct because I think it might be wrong.

Have you read this? http://www.dinzagarms.com/downloads/bg_install.pdf

Depends on where you got it.

Don't grind anything.

If you grind it flush, you've not gained anything over the bare trunnion, have you?

Yes, I have read the installation PDF.

The guide is a Dinzag guide.

The reason I ask is because it differs from the photos I've seen on the web (including the PDF). I don't recall ever seeing a guide extend past the trunnion. Just wanted to make sure this is normal.

If you grind it flush, you've not gained anything over the bare trunnion, have you?

Not sure. The guide adds height to the trunnion in the way the Saiga factory magazine has a higher wall. Cartridge case hits that which angles it upward a tiny bit more - more toward the chamber. Instead of hitting the front wall of the magazine, the round hits the feed ramp instead to get its proper feed angle. Being that 30rd magazines do not have a high front like the factory magazines.

I've seen perhaps 100 different feed ramp installations on this forum and on other forums. Most of which were homemade ramps. Maybe I can't tell by the picture, but I've never seen any overhang. Nor any discussion about that. It's been my impression that adding the height is what is important. Creating a bump or ridge for the round. Hence, the old trick some people would do by driving a screw into the front of their 30rd magazines.