My "new" Saiga.

I finished the rest of my conversion today and thought I'd share.(The pics suck I know)

-ATI Strikeforce folding stock.

-Tapco SAW pistol grip.

-Tapco G2 double hook FCG.

-Surefire 30rd .223 mags

Before.

1007350ra7.jpg

After.

1007361hl7.jpg

1007364pr8.jpg

Not too shabby for a first conversion I guess.:)

Ok I got enough time today to take her out in back and see what she could do.

First off I mounted a semi-cheap scope to see what kind of accuracy I could get from a "sandbag".

(The target is just left of the Evergreen tree)

1007421yx5.jpg

I was able to get it sighted in at 100yds in less then 10 rounds using Wolf 55gr and was fairly pleased with the accuracy.(1.5-2.0MOA)

Then I tried some Remington 55gr FMJ from wal-mart and was surprised with the result. :smoke:

(3 shot group)

1007422kt7.jpg

This was the best group I got that I could not do a second time.Every other group that I shot (3-5 shot) would have flyers, I think that this was because the scope mount was shifting during shooting.Later when I took it off there were "rub marks" on the scope rail that I believe were cause by the mount moving during the recoil.

Later I might try mounting the scope again and tighten the mount a little more and see what happens

I also tried some Remington 45gr JHP and 50gr JHP and got 2-3' groups.

I Also took at shot at our .22 Plinker and needless to say it did not survive.

The top hole is .223 the lower hole is 7.62x39.

1007420vr8.jpg

After I was done playing with the scope I took it off and and tried out the iron sights and my new Surefire mags.

With the new trigger hitting 20oz water bottle off-hand at 50yds was no problem, it was very hard for me to do this before with the stock trigger and all of the creep, I love this trigger. LOL :rolleyes:

I also like these surefire mags, I didn't have any problems with them and they seems to lock in pretty good except for a little side-to-side wobble.

As for the stock I like it except for a few things.

First off it is a little heavier then I think that it should be.(not a lot but you will notice it.)

Secondly, the "Six-Position Collapsible" part is a little loose wobbles some, but the Tapco T6 that my bro has wobbles some too. I m

And lastly the plastic hinge is bigger then I would like for it to be, this does not get in the way or any thing it just looks kinda weird to me.

Overall, I think that it is a very good stock for the price.(cheaperthandirt has it for $53.99)

It locks solid in both the open/closed position which to me is the most important.

Fluid Power, for the trigger guard I had to cut it off right behind the spot weld with a Dremel since I could not drill out the spot weld.

Once I got it off I cut so it was straight at the front and stuck it under the mag catch.

Once you put the front under the mag catch and put the screw in the back its not going to go any where, in fact you might have to have someone put the screw in place while you bind the trigger guard.

I don't know what Russia made those things out of but they don't like to man-handled. :haha:

Anyways I had a fun day.:)

Mike.