Need to know how to use enhanced safety lever

I know I've read this a thousand times, but whats the proper way to use enhanced saftety levers? The notch cut works very well for holding the bolt open and is easy to DISENGAGE the safety, but as for ease of use, it still takes two hands to engage the notch and what's the actual purpose of the extension? I've found the extension works very well for disengagement, but still a bit of work to try to engage the lever with my index finger. I guess my question is actually about engaging the bolt hold open. I've already relieved tension from the lever to make it easier to move and properly clearanced the lever to cover index area.

Clue me in...

post-1866-1222222160_thumb.jpg

I know that, I'm not a complete dumas.... but I thought the benefit had something to do with lifting the tab with the index finger while racking the bolt back? A task I find difficult to do on the S12 due mostly to the spring tension of the gun. I'm a little at a loss because I was under the impression that this makes reloads easier/quicker and I'm just not seeing any improvement in that respect at this point.

Explain the purpose(sp) of the extension?

Edited by 6500rpm
I know that, I'm not a complete dumas.... but I thought the benefit had something to do with lifting the tab with the index finger while racking the bolt back? A task I find difficult to do on the S12 due mostly to the spring tension of the gun. I'm a little at a loss because I was under the impression that this makes reloads easier/quicker and I'm just not seeing any improvement in that respect at this point.

Explain the purpose(sp) of the extension?

I"m not sure these were designed for the S-12.

The extension is so you can engage and disengage the safety on a rifle without moving your hand from it's firing grip (using your finger).

Engaging it as a BHO requires two hands.

. . . unless your reflexes are superhuman.

Unless you were to modify your mag followers to hold the bolt back on the last shot...

You still have to pull the bolt back it hit that notch...

Juggs, I'm always in Brians corner when it comes to buying things...I just threw those out as common examples. now i feel like a buddy Fker :cryss: for not putting his out there instead. For those that don't know, brian is Dinzag Arms and has been around this place for years, his site is full of things to make it easy for diy guys.

There, I feel better now :haha: but I still need to get this thing figured out. are you limp wristing the gun and pivioting at the wrist, rather than just raising your index finger?