Where to get SVD stocks?

The Fiberforce skeleton stocks will fit a stamped receiver AK variant like the Saiga, but you have to convert the weapon to it's proper configuration first by moving the FCG and trigger guard forward.

A real SVD stock looks nothing like that and will not fit a standard AK receiver.

The Fiberforce skeleton stocks will fit a stamped receiver AK variant like the Saiga, but you have to convert the weapon to it's proper configuration first by moving the FCG and trigger guard forward.

A real SVD stock looks nothing like that and will not fit a standard AK receiver.

Pardon my ignorance, but would this require gunsmithing, or is it something that one could do with a field-strip? If it requires smithing, is there a guide out there somewhere explaining the process?

Are there any significant differences between the "SVD" stocks that require you to convert vs. not in terms of recoil and functionality?

I would say that the big issue is that the way an unconverted gun feels is just wrong compared to a converted gun. The extra few inches between the mag release and the trigger compared to the standard ak just feels too stretched. When I was shooting my unconverted Saiga, I felt like that the front foregrip was WAY out there.

An AK lends itself to be held close up and tight to the body, the unconverted models feel too long in my hands even with the pistol grip style stocks.