MD-20 love for the baby Saiga?

So, is there any chance that MD Arms will make a drum for the Saiga-20? Considering the smaller size of the 20 gauge shell, would this mean that we can get a 25 round drum? :super:

As they say... "a slim chance is better than no chance...." But if I were a bet'n man, I'd wager all my money on NO chance.

Mike's life if simply too short.... and he has other hoppers in the fire anyway.

:031:

Given that we don't even have >5rd domestically-grown stick mags available for S-20 yet, I doubt anyone is seriously considering building a drum.

I'd love for S-20 drums to happen, but as the saying goes, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting to count them before they hatch in the bush, or whatever.

Edited by James92TSi

Perhaps not as unlikely as y'all might think; here's the response I got:

It would be fairly easy to make one using my existing molds. Same with the .410. But to do it the easy was (not making a complete set of new molds) they would have to be 2 3/4 only. I am pretty sure that the most commonly fired .410 rd is a 3 inch so I think it might be out of the qestion. What do you mostly fire out of your 20ga? Thanks,

Perhaps if more people requested a Saiga-20 drum, MD Arms might be willing to run off a few of them...

Edited by chibajoe
Perhaps not as unlikely as y'all might think; here's the response I got:

It would be fairly easy to make one using my existing molds. Same with the .410. But to do it the easy was (not making a complete set of new molds) they would have to be 2 3/4 only. I am pretty sure that the most commonly fired .410 rd is a 3 inch so I think it might be out of the qestion. What do you mostly fire out of your 20ga? Thanks,

Perhaps if more people requested a Saiga-20 drum, MD Arms might be willing to run off a few of them...

Well "holy cow"......... I gotta admit I am a bit surprised by Mike's PM reply to you. Terrific news though!

And, clearly you are absolutely correct: "Perhaps if more people requested a Saiga-20 drum, MD Arms might be willing to run off a few of them..."

That's awesome and completely not what I expected to hear!

2-3/4" would be great. All the loads I use in my S-20 are 2-3/4" anyway. (I'm vaguely aware that I have a 3" magazine for the thing in a drawer somewhere...)

I don't have as much play money in my gun fund as some, but I'd at least scoop up one drum & possibly a second later on if available.

Hope Mike picks up the ball from here and gives us some good news :)

Yeah, I was totally floored by his response as well. He's actually indicated that they might start looking into this within the next few weeks, as soon as they catch up on the saiga-12 drum orders. I guess that old saying that you can't get fed with your mouth closed is true. :greedy:

• 3 weeks later...

I will buy 10000...

THERE!!!

NOW...

NO ONE NEEDS TO RESPOND TO THIS THREAD WITH " I will buy X amount of them!" and we can let it fade away until Mike announces they are ready to SHIP...

Fair enough?

:smoke:

• 2 months later...

Not fair. I want 2. I only have one 5rnd mag and never shot the thing as I just got it. It's dismal to know that I can only get 5rnds outta this thing as it's a damn AK style shotgun!! AK style means HI-CAP! Not 5 friggin rounds!

WE WANT DRUMS WE WANT DRUMS WE WANT DRUMS

MADE IN USA MADE IN USA

:killer::haha2:

you do realize that much to the surprise of many, Mike is working on a drum for the S12, right?

He is thumbing his nose at all of the chicken-littles who are crying about a ban that hasn't materialized ...

I don't know how long it'll take to get this out (he has all of the learnings from his S12 already in pocket ... but I don't know what needs to be done to get the rest of it figured out). My HOPE is that the DOPE will leave us folks who cling to our guns and religion ALONE. If so, be patient.

Also, I'm a wraithmaker fan. I got one of the earliest drums and like it (or not around here) the thing has run like a scalded cat from day one (for me). They have a 23 round 20ga drum in the works.

Lastly, Factory full cap mags are out there. You just have to wait ... and pay thru the nose when you find one :)

• 1 month later...
you do realize that much to the surprise of many, Mike is working on a drum for the S12, right?

He is thumbing his nose at all of the chicken-littles who are crying about a ban that hasn't materialized ...

I don't know how long it'll take to get this out (he has all of the learnings from his S12 already in pocket ... but I don't know what needs to be done to get the rest of it figured out). My HOPE is that the DOPE will leave us folks who cling to our guns and religion ALONE. If so, be patient.

Also, I'm a wraithmaker fan. I got one of the earliest drums and like it (or not around here) the thing has run like a scalded cat from day one (for me). They have a 23 round 20ga drum in the works.

Lastly, Factory full cap mags are out there. You just have to wait ... and pay thru the nose when you find one :)

Id be interested in one of these also

why does the chick with the fat legs always gets her panties in a bunch when we respond "we would buy these mags if mike made them". I thought a positive response would help. Just my way of thinking. I guess the fat chick will throw me off the sight now. :haha:

oops, I meant to say "working on a drum for the s20" and post is too old to edit.

paychex, care to clue us in on what you are talking about? I don't get it, did you have a post deleted or something?

oops, I meant to say "working on a drum for the s20" and post is too old to edit.

paychex, care to clue us in on what you are talking about? I don't get it, did you have a post deleted or something?

there was the same type of thread started about a month back. i think mike started it on making a drum for the s20. anyway we all said we would buy one. i would buy 3 or 4 if i could. well this guy got upset and did his thing with the giant letters. i just thought if mike was testing the water about making the mag we should cheer him on and say make them and we will buy them. i just can't understand why this guy gets so upset on the topic. this is the s20 forum. thanks and as i said before make them and we will place our orders. thanks for the great web site. LAST POST ON THIS TOPIC WAS NOV. 25 2008

Edited by paychex
I will buy 10000...

THERE!!!

NOW...

NO ONE NEEDS TO RESPOND TO THIS THREAD WITH " I will buy X amount of them!" and we can let it fade away until Mike announces they are ready to SHIP...

Fair enough?

FUCKEM, letem eat cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: Sounds like some pricks in congress!

The whole point is... why inundate the poor man with a hundred people telling him how many they will buy...

Dont you think he KNOWS they will sell?!?!?

Not to mention the thread just goes on and on and on with endless blah blah blah...

I presume I am the one mentioned by paychex as the chick with the fat legs...

Although I cant imagine why ANYONE would complain about the chick in my avatar... personally, I think shes pretty smokin hot! :wub: ( hence shes my avatar! ) And to be honest, I get about a pm a week from someone asking me who she is cause they too think shes smokin hot! :lol::wub: Maybe Paychex likes bony, scrawny women?!?

skinny.jpg

Well, Paychex... I am NOT a chick... I am a dude... and I am also a MODERATOR of the forum... As my job title might suggest... I need to MODERATE once in a while... my thought on this is to try to keep mindless banter to a minimum to conserve forum bandwidth. That translates to keep the useless crap to a minimum so the forum loads faster for everyone.

I am sorry that you dont agree with me, and you feel the need for every person in the world to chime in saying they want "X" amount of them... That gives us a thread with 35 pages of 600 people each saying " I want x amount "... What purpose does that REALLY serve?!?!? as I said... Mike D. KNOWS these will sell just as fast as the S12 drums did!

Let the man work... when he offers them for sale... THEN go to his website and state " I will take X amount" by clicking that many into your "shopping cart" before you "check out" Then everyone is happy!!!

Paychex... you must not be from 'round here... Cause on THIS forum you dont get banned or posts deleted by voicing your opinion. You might get your dick stepped on... but we try to value the 1st amendment just as much as the 2nd!!! :up: