A few conversion questions

The cost of the conversion, 140$ (With all the parts i have gathered) Has put me at a standstill, i debate whether i want to convert my saiga, buy a mosin nagant, or perhaps put the money towards an SKS.

So i'm looking for ways to cut costs, can anyone help me out? Do e-clips work just as good as a retaining plate so i don't have to spend the extra money? ETC, throw me some ways i can cut costs.

I'd like to order ALL my stuff from dinzag in one shot if possible to save on shipping, also, are there any alternatives to 50$ kvar stock, besides the flimsy tapco folder?

Thanks.

I have some parts. Tapco trigger group, pistol grip with nut and bolt, Nato buttstock. I'm selling a 7.62 in the wts area, the setup is the same.

The cost of the conversion, 140$ (With all the parts i have gathered) Has put me at a standstill, i debate whether i want to convert my saiga, buy a mosin nagant, or perhaps put the money towards an SKS.

So i'm looking for ways to cut costs, can anyone help me out? Do e-clips work just as good as a retaining plate so i don't have to spend the extra money? ETC, throw me some ways i can cut costs.

I'd like to order ALL my stuff from dinzag in one shot if possible to save on shipping, also, are there any alternatives to 50$ kvar stock, besides the flimsy tapco folder?

Thanks.

I have some parts. Tapco trigger group, pistol grip with nut and bolt, Nato buttstock. I'm selling a 7.62 in the wts area, the setup is the same.

I see.

Yes, a good no-nonsense fixed polymer stock.

http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?id=c58e...93-3811a578ed2a

$29.99 MSRP (meaning that if you look around, you should be able to find it cheaper from one of Tapcos many vendors).

I always heard tapco fixed stocks were flimsy and small.

. . . and I heard that if you squeeze a goose, it'll lay golden eggs for you.

Don't believe everything you hear. Nothing flimsy about that one.

If by "small" you mean "Warsaw length", then yes, the above linked stock is "small". It's not really 'small', it's the same size stock that has been issued with the AK since its inception.

I always heard tapco fixed stocks were flimsy and small.

. . . and I heard that if you squeeze a goose, it'll lay golden eggs for you.

Don't believe everything you hear. Nothing flimsy about that one.

If by "small" you mean "Warsaw length", then yes, the above linked stock is "small". It's not really 'small', it's the same size stock that has been issued with the AK since its inception.

Ok cool, thanks.

And do E-clips and the like work just as good as a retaining plate?

Just wanting to know so i can shave some more money off and not have to buy a retaining plate.

Edited by Mittelmorder
Ok cool, thanks.

And do E-clips and the like work just as good as a retaining plate?

Just wanting to know so i can shave some more money off and not have to buy a retaining plate.

I prefer hitch pins, myself.

Easier on, easier off.

retainers_627.JPG

E-clips are a royal PITA, imho.

Last I knew, Dinzag includes hitch pins with his FCGs. If you want to use the manual bolt hold-open that came with the gun, I would recommend that you get one of Dinzag's modified Tapco G2 FCGs. He includes the disconnector spring (already installed) and nylon hole plugs, as well as the hitch pins.

Last I knew, Dinzag includes hitch pins with his FCGs. If you want to use the manual bolt hold-open that came with the gun, I would recommend that you get one of Dinzag's modified Tapco G2 FCGs. He includes the disconnector spring (already installed) and nylon hole plugs, as well as the hitch pins.

I'm gonna go with the cheaper tapco single hook FCG, comes with disconnector spring and all the other junk i need.

• 3 weeks later...