FBMG almost out of mags

Don't have many left. Less than 100. I guess they have problems getting parts from Russia. The springs are made in the US and are standard 308 mag springs according to them but I don't know where to order "standard 308 mag springs". The oddest thing was they apparently had orders from contractors in Iraq. I guess that shows the Saiga is fit for serious business although I'd love to know what barrel length they prefer.

Edited by dvdivx

Well, I do have 350 stashed away for dealers. So when I run out of retail mags I will have to crack that open.

The issue is the base plates and followers. But since we know the Russians fuck everyone they deal with (ask Aklex Robinson and now RAAC) we have been planning for this eventuality. The springs are US made, and so will the other parts very soon. Who knows.....with the CNC machines we are getting as part of another partnership, and the two plastic injection machines we may have a few new and very exciting things in the works.

Dont count us out of the race too soon my friends. We are doing lots of fun things right now that will lead to bigger things for the Saiga community.

Times I still think it would be nice if someone in the USA would reverse engineer all the Saiga models, and sell the whole line here in the US. Or atleast parts kits.....

Building it in the US with US labor would totally eliminate any cost advantage to buying a Saiga, and at that point you may as well buy a M-14/G-3/FAL clone.

Times I still think it would be nice if someone in the USA would reverse engineer all the Saiga models, and sell the whole line here in the US. Or atleast parts kits.....

Building it in the US with US labor would totally eliminate any cost advantage to buying a Saiga, and at that point you may as well buy a M-14/G-3/FAL clone.

Except for the fact that M14s and FNs are inferior to Kalashnikovs.Not everyone buys a Saiga because it's cheap.The Saiga is in my armory because I couldn't find enough 25rd Galil mags to field a 7.62 Galil and now that I have my Saiga dialed in I'm glad I took a chance.

These will be $1400 rifles before my gradeschool aged kids are old enough to drive

Except for the fact that M14s and FNs are inferior to Kalashnikovs.Not everyone buys a Saiga because it's cheap.The Saiga is in my armory because I couldn't find enough 25rd Galil mags to field a 7.62 Galil and now that I have my Saiga dialed in I'm glad I took a chance.

These will be $1400 rifles before my gradeschool aged kids are old enough to drive

Sorry I bought all of the decent priced 25-rd Galil mags. :devil:

• 4 weeks later...

It depends on what you want to do with it, and on how you define inferiority. Even though the mag situation is much improved now with FBMG and Surefire both offering products, the Saiga is still "inferior" to the M-14 and the FAL in terms of magazine cost and durability (plastic vs. metal). That isn't the end of the world depending on how many mags you want to buy, what you are willing to spend, and if you are happy with plastic. Reliability wise, all 3 are excellent, with a slight nod perhaps going to the Saiga due to the AK design and ability to digest commercial .308 with impunity. Accuracy wise, for a basic rifle I think they are all equivalent, but I'd have to give the nod to the M-14 if you want to tune your rifle for better than standard accuracy, with the FAL second. Tuning the M-14 is simply a known science, and it isn't difficult to find a smith to do it, although you will pay dearly. Try finding a match grade barrel for your Saiga sometime, you'll need to have it custom turned from a blank. Ergonomically speaking, I don't think that any Kalashnikov based rifle is going to win any awards, but they are still perfectly adequate in that regard.

Where the Saiga really comes into its own, however, is the ability of the average guy to make it into whatever he wants it to be. Parts to modify them are readily available, and most of the mods that can be made are attainable at the "garage tech" level. The design is straightforward, and really quite difficult to screw up badly enough to ruin a gun.

I called them tonight and they told me they only had three mags left! I ordered two so if someone needs one give them a call. I hope more will be made soon.

Good luck Russ

They told you they had 3 left? I must have talked to the wrong person, I called earlier this week and they said they were out :cryss: but would have more in a couple of weeks. :D Can't wait to try them out....only have 2 sure fire mags right now. Haven't had any trouble with them, but still can't wait to tryout the fbmg's.

This is in reference to dealing with the Rooshuns. Good to hear people are getting wise..........I'm glad people are finally getting the "flick" on dealing with the Russians. Up here in Alaska we've been dealing with them since around '92. Theiving bastards..........period. You want to call me on it? I can back the statement up with police reports. They have been "visiting" Alaska for years, way before "Glasnost". You younger folks won't know that term. I have friends in Yakutsk, a reluctant member of the former USSR. They would as soon piss on a Russian as spit. I learned to respect their opinion and adopt it as my own. Gov. Sarah Palin says she knows Russia? Believe her.........How to tell if they lie? Lips move. How to know when they steal? Are you missing something? Want to make a big mistake? Call someone from the Ukraine a Russian........... They don't like Russians either.

Edited by Dave-AK

There is still the odd one on Gunbroker.com from time to time. I don't know if this is a gunshop sale or private citizen. I have FBMG mags and love them - I need more but couldn't find them on their new web page. Glad to hear they're still making a fine product.