75rd drum from aim surplus $159.00

yea, ive seen those also,the ban is over,those drums shouldnt cost as much $160 vs $200 for the china/norinco drums,I think its bullshit,copes bought a container/truckload of them,their playing the election card here so eveyone will buy them no matter what the cost

these are made in bulgaria with the chicom tooling, they should be rear loadable.

so why is it BS that they were able to bring in what was a hard to find, over 200$ drum in plentiful supply, new, for 50-70$ less than you used to be able to find them used?

Edited by ReverendFranz

Yes the rommy's do load one at a time. I think the burgarian drums are a little high i picked up a 75rd norinco for $80.00 2 months ago from my dealer. Brings my count to 3 each 75rd norinco drums and yes 1 each 100rd norinco :haha:

They preform outstanding and have never had any problems with their function, so if the burgarians work as well they should be flawless.

Hello

I believe one of the other big advantages (besides open-door loading) is the ability to store them loaded but un-wound. Saves a lot of wear on the spring.

The Romy design is either loaded and wound or unloaded...

I'm gonna have to score a couple of these. "Enough is never enough".

guido2 in Houston

the ones from AIMS...i cant find em. looks like they are out or something. ill get one too, i have a Romanian, and it sucks balls!

p.s. i just watched a 75 round chinese go for $170 shipped! i was going to bid on it...what a dumbass...

Edited by sicktooth

You are correct sicktooth. I am given to understand that they were limited in supply and sold out fast. For those on the S-12 board that are interested they can also be found at http://www.copesdistributing.net/product_i...roducts_id=1111 where I undersatand they are also limited and selling fast. There is a great deal of conjecture that these are really Chinese drums being marketed through Bulgaria since China cannot export them the the US. Everything in this post is something read elsewhere and I have no idea whether it is accurate or not except that Copes Distributing had some a few minutes ago. For what it's worth.

If you want a pouch for your drum they are available here for $8.95 http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?ch...rSKU=&MC=YJ

Edited by 1911

Does your dealer have any more at $80 each?

Yes the rommy's do load one at a time. I think the burgarian drums are a little high i picked up a 75rd norinco for $80.00 2 months ago from my dealer. Brings my count to 3 each 75rd norinco drums and yes 1 each 100rd norinco :haha:

They preform outstanding and have never had any problems with their function, so if the burgarians work as well they should be flawless.

Does your dealer have any more at $80 each?

No, sorry it was a trade in with a gun and had not been used. I just happened to be there and hit him up on it. I got the good deal because i've bought from him for years.

If you want a pouch for your drum they are available here for $8.95 http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?ch...rSKU=&MC=YJ

I mentioned these in Post #14 and they were described as "Soviet Drum Pouch - Gray canvas pouch with plastic snap-button, 2" belt loops, side accessory pouch and adjustable shoulder strap. Holds one AK47 or RPK drum magazine. Used, very good condition. Quantities are limited."

I ordered two and they came in O.D> Canvas, New, Metal Snap Button with remaining description the same. Looked pretty nice for $8.95 :)

Hello, 1911

Got my two drums from AIM yesterday. Thanks to all who posted and provided a "heads-up".

I compared them to my 75 and 100 rd. Norinco and there is absolutely no difference. Markings are identical.

When (if) that flap-eared camel-jockey gets into office <yecchh...> they'll be a beautiful thing.

guido2 in Houston

I don't know where you guys are buying your Chinese drums, but a 75 round used Chicom drum is $160-$170 max. 100 rounders are the $250 ones. These Bulgarian are the same price as the Chicom used, so I'll stick with them. If you're really thinking that $200 is a good price for a used 75 rounder, you need to surf TheAKForum.net alot more. The new in bag ones go for that.

I don't know where you guys are buying your Chinese drums, but a 75 round used Chicom drum is $160-$170 max. 100 rounders are the $250 ones. These Bulgarian are the same price as the Chicom used, so I'll stick with them. If you're really thinking that $200 is a good price for a used 75 rounder, you need to surf TheAKForum.net alot more. The new in bag ones go for that.

Hello, Wakko

We're talkin' about brand new, apparently Chi-com drums for $159. They are coming through Bulgaria, but according to the markings they are either being re-directed or manufactured by the Chinese tooling.

-Seems in-line with what you're describing.

guido2 in Houston

Whatacountry.com has Chinese 75 rounders for $249.99.

If you prefer a new Bulgarian over a used Chicom, then naturally go with that since they're essentially the same drum. Bulgarian may even be made with better steel, but who knows. Me, I prefer to keep the Chicoms since they're more inclined to increase in value, and more correct for my Chicom AKs. $249 for a Chicom 75 rounder is a ripoff, unless it's brand new in the bag. The site doesn't say either way.

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic...;highlight=drum

Edited by Wakko
If you prefer a new Bulgarian over a used Chicom, then naturally go with that since they're essentially the same drum. Bulgarian may even be made with better steel, but who knows. Me, I prefer to keep the Chicoms since they're more inclined to increase in value, and more correct for my Chicom AKs. $249 for a Chicom 75 rounder is a ripoff, unless it's brand new in the bag. The site doesn't say either way.

Holding them side-by-side, I'm inclined to believe they are the same thing.

Except, as I recall, the Norincos came in grease, the "Bulgarians" I just received were in oil....

I haven't paid anywhere near $249 for one, including a new Norinco 100.

guido2 in Houston

Hello, 1911

Got my two drums from AIM yesterday. Thanks to all who posted and provided a "heads-up".

I compared them to my 75 and 100 rd. Norinco and there is absolutely no difference. Markings are identical.

When (if) that flap-eared camel-jockey gets into office <yecchh...> they'll be a beautiful thing.

guido2 in Houston

If that flap-eared camel-jockey does make it into office then everyone that has a drum and doesn't turn it into the government will be a criminal.

Hello, 1911

guido2 in Houston

If that flap-eared camel-jockey does make it into office then everyone that has a drum and doesn't turn it into the government will be a criminal.

Hello, TacticalResponse

Yeah, you may be right....Although, it would be a tough nut for some legislators who have witnessed the fallout previously.

Fortunately, the Prez can't do it by himself, or at least the way the rules are written today he can't.......Still rather have the gear and cross my fingers.

guido2 in Houston

Hello, 1911

guido2 in Houston

Hello, TacticalResponse

Yeah, you may be right....Although, it would be a tough nut for some legislators who have witnessed the fallout previously.

Fortunately, the Prez can't do it by himself, or at least the way the rules are written today he can't.......Still rather have the gear and cross my fingers.

guido2 in Houston

It's claimed that the greatest act of civil disobedience in American history is Kalifornians refusing to register their assault weapons.