is 180 gr OK for Saiga .308?

Which do you prefer?

The Federal or the Winchester?

Price not wistanding.

Definitely the Federal. I pumped 6 rounds of 150gr into a charging brownie several years back and he kept on coming. Heavier is better when you hunt things that also hunt you. Now when I tramp through the alders I carry a 20-round mag of handloads with the Hornady 208 grain A-Max locked and loaded. If I could find a 220 grain with a spear tip I'd load that too, but all I've found are round nose.

I pumped 6 rounds of 150gr into a charging brownie several years back and he kept on coming.

Can't just leave us hanging like that... Obviously you're still here, but a fellow bearanoid Alaskan redneck wants to hear the rest of the story. 8^)

Brother was carrying a Marlin .45-70. 1 round stopped him, 2nd round sent him to see Grizzly Jesus. Now I also carry a .44 Ruger Alaskan.

• 1 month later...

If the rifle is chambered for the cartridge, yes, it can shoot them...

I have actually shot delinked Portuguese 308 rounds out of my Savage F/TR target rifle... as a way to get it close after boresighting without using the buck a round factory ammo... needless to say the Portuguese ammo shot very good groups! I was actually pleasantly surprised...

I have also shot steel cased Sellier and Bellot out of the Savage as well... doesn't shoot that great... ( not one hole groups) but its good for "plinking" with the gun... when I want to just shoot it... and not spend a fortune doing it.

likewise... I shoot steel cased wolf out of my $1200 dollar AR15 setup... just to plink with... not 55 grain moly-coated hollow points which will do one hole groups... but its fun... LOL

As long as you DO NOT EXPECT the cheap ammo to shoot as well as the expensive stuff you will have no problems as long as it is the same caliber for which the weapon was designed. :up:

:smoke: