Saiga 12 Tactical

Well, its finished for now. After spending far more than I'd planned my Civilian OK version of the LEO Tactical gun that I posted so much of is done.

Ended up having a barrel grafted back togather to Prototype #4, and it looks and shoots great.

Thinking about moving on though, pretty burned out on dealing with the Saiga-12 and all the misconceptions/grey areas on it. Might trade her for a Cobray or a TEC-9 or something if I can find the right buyer....or even a CETME, those are pretty sweet looking guns. Stick a retractible stock and a 'wedge' style G3 handguard on it with a claw mounted scope- Instant Stargate SG1 gun.

Still though, my baby is one sexy little bitch....wouldnt you agree?

Picture10.jpg

Picture9.jpg

Picture8.jpg

Picture7.jpg

Picture6.jpg

Picture5.jpg

Picture4.jpg

A ) its not a pistol grip.

B ) its a 12C w/19" barrel and threaded muzzle for chokes. Not a 12K. The conversion was done with a dremil and about $2.50 in hardware.

C ) i live in freedom, a freedom my family and friends have died to protect, if that bugs you, move to canada. this nation was founded upon, amoung other things, liberty and resistance to stupidity, and if you cant live with that please get out- I'm a soldier serving in a combat unit of this nation's military. right now it looks like i'm headed overseas to fight someone elses war, i would far rathar end my life fighting stupid gestapo ass-hats like those in our own country, than the same folks in someone elses country. i've now sold more than fifteen of these guns at shows in open view of the public and any agent walking buy, to both LEOs and civilians and no one has ever complained, except buisy bodies who dont have enough guts to stop splitting hairs with the batf and wasting my time. if you were trying to be helpful, thanks, but i'm realy tired of this discussion and it ends here. if you want to debate it with someone, start your own thread and leave me alone. are we clear?

Edited by Gunfighter84

Your right, sory. Its a thumbhole stock.

Civilian OK versions can't have thumbhole stocks.

Its not anything aginst you personaly, I would bring up the same thing if someone else would post regaurding thumbhole stocks on semi-shotguns. Its a pet peave of mine I guess you could call it. I belive you said before that you have figured out the AWB by talking to a ATF guy in person. Do you have anything in writeing?

Canada, now why would I do that? I'm actualy giong into the army myself in a combat unit as well, I might add also. I respect this country and love the freedom I have. And ya know what, I guess I don't have enough guts to put on a thumhole stock on my saiga without a garentee from the ATF that I won't go to jail for ten years, and ya know another thing I dought I'm not alone here either. More power to ya if no one important makes a big deal about it.

Your really tired of this discusion? All I ever ask is basicaly where is your proof of staying ok with the ATF. I'm really tired of misleading information directed to people potentaly considering to upgrade there saigas.

Edited to add this: Why don't you ever sell one on Gunbroker or a similar site? You might be able to make a little more cash-

Tell ya what, if you need a buyer. If you can show me writen proof of Thumbholes being ok on a saiga I will be more then willing to buy it of you, I'll ever buy a cetme, cobray or whatever brand new and trade you for it, deal?

Edited by setlab

yeh uh, that CETME....you really have to watch it on those...they are chopped up, shipped to the us, and welded back together....there is plenty of info out there on what to look for, but basically its the welds on the reciever, the headspacing, and the pin protruding INTO the bore of the rifle for the front sight. also, a lot of the barrels are shot out. just take a round and check the bore on the muzzle in the usual fashion for that...beware, and good luck... I got my cetme for 325.00 last year and it was the only one without telltale signs on the rack out of like 5 or 6.

Come on man, you started some shit. Wheres your proof.......

And Whats up with calling me a stupid liberal.? Stupid gestapo ass-hats ....... where did that come from?

Another thing, why did you feel the need to bring up being in the army? Do you think thats gona earn you some respect and politeness? I'm going into the army myself in a short time, I don't expect people to treat me diferent. You earn my respect, I just on't give it out I don't gve a shit who you are. Come on.... do I need to start a new tread.... I don't give a shit if I get band.

Edited by setlab

hey i say if someone wants to risk losing thier right to HAVE a gun because they wont or cant comply with simple guidelines that have been forced down our throats BECAUSE of people that misuse weapons, sell illegally modified weapons, or whatever....let them risk it. it aint MY ass. any gun can look like this or that or whatever, but its the shooter that makes the aim true and the damage good. WHY one would have a use for a forearm pistol grip on a 12 gauge i have no idea. i think those things make a gun awkward personally. I can see one on an AK47 thats fully automatic without a rear stock, being used by a terrorist on a bike or in a car to randomly spray jacketed lead into a crowd maybe and MAYBE hit a few people somewhere...but come on...how the heck do you hit anything with it from the hip? SPRAY and PRAY? obviously ya'll werent in the marine corps. whatever happened to one shot one kill? and im wondering if you ever tried to shoot a deer with a shotty with a front pistol grip and no stock? its about only good for nothing IMHO. cool conversion tho. put a laser on it so you can hit something with it :)

Edited by Bvamp

OK guys. Tone down the testosterone and calm down the dialog. We all see far too much youth and energy at work here. In about 30 to 40 years from now, that will be well tempered with experience.........if you make it that long.

In any event, we are all here for similar reasons and interest. Granted, BATF and the assault weapons ban is certainly cause for much frustration, but we don't have to take it out on each other.

Anyway, these weapons are way too cool in almost any configuration, so be happy and do your own respective things. I plan on making a thumbhole stock for my Saiga 12. With any luck, BATF will mind their own damn business as I don't intend to draw any attention to myself in any way. Personal choice. Each one of us has to make own own.

Billyjobob