Depends on what you are looking for. Here is a simple one that I think looks great.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z167/wa.../DSCI0002-3.jpg

I personally could not agree with you more.

Although... the particular specimen you've provided via the photbucket.com link appears to me to be a shroud that I've seen quite often used for paintball guns. Hmmmm....

Go to page 13 under saiga12 about 2/3 of the way down the subjects till you see "saiga12 barrel shroud". That will tell you where I got mine. On the site I purchased it thru, it was listed as an M4 barrel shroud. Now they list it as a Saiga 12 barrel shroud.

Edited by ILstMyMarbles
Depends on what you are looking for. Here is a simple one that I think looks great.

Although... the particular specimen you've provided via the photbucket.com link appears to me to be a shroud that I've seen quite often used for paintball guns. Hmmmm....

Actually it was hand made for me by a member of the forum. Its thin wall aluminum tubing and he made a jig to drill holes in it. Its a perfect fit as far as the S 12 barrel and all I had to do was touch it up with a file and paint it.

It reminds me of the shoud on a old .30 cal Browning MG. I think that is its appeal to me.

• 1 year later...

So what. Aluminum is aluminum, andLapco for instance puts more quality and precision into their workmanship than a lot of gun manufacturers do. (way more than is practical)I have no doubt that any of their aesthetic accessories is more than well built enough for this purpose. The guy machines everything from billet and is fanatical about concentricity and anodizing quality. His machining is a lot cleaner that the closeups I have seen of the fuglystick forends, and those are well received here. Look at what it is not what it's original purpose was. If I wanted a barrel shroud, any of the many that he makes for 1" barrels would serve the purpose very well.

Edited by GunFun

Got my shroud custom made over at alumalite. Fitted so it will work with krebs sights. havent received the shroud yet, but michael over at alumalite sent me some pictures of it. It should be here sometime this week I hope!! I'll post sum pics of it installed on my s12 when I get a chance. I think it looks bad ass!!

DSC07633.jpg

DSC07631.jpg

DSC07643.jpg

DSC07648.jpg

DSC07650.jpg

DSC07652.jpg

**pics taken before he sprayed it again

Thanks again Michael, you rock!!

spraypaint.

• Like 2

These barrel shrouds are tight as hell. http://www.alumalite...a-12/Categories

Do you realize that this thread was just over a year dead? Talk about gravedigging, yikes! :horror:

Looks like peeps are still dropping information into it. So what's the problem? Do you realize that you comment is meaningless? Take care.

• Like 3
  • 2 years later...

No there was a pic up higher in the thread on carpeting where there is a RD scope, barrel shroud etc with the factory forearm.

You realize you are quoting a reply from 2009 (post #24), which is almost 3yrs old now, just to make a subjective statement about what it looks like?

Kudos for using the search feature. But come on, really?

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 3

No there was a pic up higher in the thread on carpeting where there is a RD scope, barrel shroud etc with the factory forearm.

You realize you are quoting a reply from 2009 (post #24), which is almost 3yrs old now, just to make a subjective statement about what it looks like?

Kudos for using the search feature. But come on, really?

Yep I sure do. I wasnt around in 2009,