World's First water cooled Ruger 10/22 dress up kit prototype

I remember reading somewhere that the "accelerator" rapid fiire mechanism used in that prototype, was ultimately deemed a "no no" (Class III permit required) by the ATF.

Its creator is allegedly fighting the ATF's decision, but to date there has been no change to its status that I'm aware of.

Edited by Gary

Gary:

An easy one to get confused on. The Akins accerlerator is what you are talking about and you are correct as that case is still ongoing. This piece was built by Akins (who is the principle in that case) but instead used a BMF Accelerator which has been deemed OK. You can get one if you like. :)

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...requestid=22532

Gary:

An easy one to get confused on. The Akins accerlerator is what you are talking about and you are correct as that case is still ongoing. This piece was built by Akins (who is the principle in that case) but instead used a BMF Accelerator which has been deemed OK. You can get one if you like. :)

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...requestid=22532

1911 -- I appreciate you setting me straight. Thanks!

:super:

I believe the "atkins accelerator" is actually a spring loaded stock that the receiver fits into, and as you fire, recoil moves the entire receiver and barrel rearward, resetting the SEMI-AUTO trigger, then a spring pushes it back forward into your finger firing the weapon again, repeat till empty...

Your finger doesnt move, the gun ( well, barreled receiver ) does... and thats the rub...

:smoke:

Sorry, I think it's lame. Sitting there turning that little crank while .22 LR's fly out? A buddy of mine has a transferrable American 180...it's cool to shoot for a minute.

Plus the fake belt hanging out, I dunno it hust doesn't work for me.

Edit: Bean is right, it's a nice piece of craftsmanship.

Edited by BobAsh
Sorry, I think it's lame. Sitting there turning that little crank while .22 LR's fly out? A buddy of mine has a transferrable American 180...it's cool to shoot for a minute.

Plus the fake belt hanging out, I dunno it hust doesn't work for me.

Edit: Bean is right, it's a nice piece of craftsmanship.

It is like what you would see a the carnavil, It's just a poor man's machine gun that is legal But Knobcreek is next week so if you don't have the cash for the big toy you can always rent them :devil:

• 4 weeks later...