Maybe I screwed up my S12??? Cleaned

the gas ports today took out that hocky puck thing with 2 grooves and 1 of the grooves had some kinda thick crap in it or was that some kinda seal??? It seems to move back and forth ever so slightly now, never did that before did I screw up cleaning the grove out? I had to really push it to get it out, after cleaning it, it jumped in. Wanta shoot tomarrow and don't want any problems. What do you salty saiga 12 shooters think??? Thanks in advance Guys

Turkey Slayer

That was carbon fouling. You are right, you need to clean all that crap out and while its out make sure that the gas holes in the barrel are clear, use a paper clip or a dental pick. it should slide in and out easily as well as back and fourth. You may need to brush out all the threads as well. DO NOT LUBE THE PUCK or THREAdS. a tiny amount of anti seize can be used but it doesn't seem to help.

There was alot of crap, used a dental pick cleaned out the gas ports really well, there are 3 -1/16th" holes in a triangle pettern with 2 in the front a 1 in the back. There was alot of hard carbon build up on that disk, took a wire wheel and cleaned it up good, I used a pick and cleaned the 2 grooves, it was kinda thick and well packed in there, so thick I thought it was some kinda seal, it seemed fibery or something. The disk that sits behind the gas adjustment is loose and moves back and forth maybe 3/16" between the gas piston and the disk thing. Never noticeed it before I ever shot the gun of course I didn't have it 30min. and ran 300rds through it. Got it a mo. ago and it's already got 1000+ rds.

There was alot of crap, used a dental pick cleaned out the gas ports really well, there are 3 -1/16th" holes in a triangle pettern with 2 in the front a 1 in the back. There was alot of hard carbon build up on that disk, took a wire wheel and cleaned it up good, I used a pick and cleaned the 2 grooves, it was kinda thick and well packed in there, so thick I thought it was some kinda seal, it seemed fibery or something. The disk that sits behind the gas adjustment is loose and moves back and forth maybe 3/16" between the gas piston and the disk thing. Never noticeed it before I ever shot the gun of course I didn't have it 30min. and ran 300rds through it. Got it a mo. ago and it's already got 1000+ rds.

I didn't pop out that puck for 3 years...I stopped counting how many rounds I ran through mine after 2k

no stoppages on the cheapest birdshot i can buy

[quote

I didn't pop out that puck for 3 years...I stopped counting how many rounds I ran through mine after 2k

no stoppages on the cheapest birdshot i can buy

The only reason I know how many rds I've got through the thing is I reload, If I had to buy ammo for it I wouldn't bump. The thing is a shotshell eating and spitting lead monster. I just got my conversion done and it's bada$$. I have started to pour my own sabots, just got me a lyman sabot mold, it's perfect because I can use standard wads and crimp the shells still. I'm thinkin I'm gonna try turkey and deer hunting with it this season. I've already cleaned the turtles and beavers outta my creek with it. It kills real good.. I may just scare em to death with the shark break I got from Tony. Thanks for the replys good people.

Turkey Slayer