Hammer problem - New Saiga .308 16"

Welcome to the forum System32! Sorry that slipshod had to pollute your thread. The .308 conversion is very easy, and I would highly recommend doing it. I was hesitant at first, but I am so glad that I did it. You will find that the trigger pull is much better after the conversion, and you can easily find a stock that you will like as much or more than the factory stock. I highly recommend Dinzag's products, whether you convert or not. His PG conversion FCG for the .308 is superb. Enjoy the gun no matter what direction you take with it!

I'm new here and I'm looking to get a Saiga 308 but "you guys" need to hand out the Valium and "chill". This country may soon elect someone who will make all these discussions moot. By this time next year we may be talking about the best way to sharpen sticks. Sorry to get political and preachy but we're all in this together.

I'm new here and I'm looking to get a Saiga 308 but "you guys" need to hand out the Valium and "chill". This country may soon elect someone who will make all these discussions moot. By this time next year we may be talking about the best way to sharpen sticks. Sorry to get political and preachy but we're all in this together.

First of all, Welcome to the Forum!

I will try to be polite. :)

The problem isnt with us needing to "chill"... the problem is when we get individuals with such an anal, insecure mindframe that they immediately feel that if something isnt 100% PERFECT, it is a death trap! It is EXACTLY that same form of NEGATIVE SPIN we are so vehemently trying to fight 24/7 with the politicians, and the media! Maybe they arent going about it the same way... but its STILL NEGATIVE SPIN!

Anyone who has been here long enough to actually READ the tech sections, and get some ideas of whats possible, and what to EXPECT will realize that these guns are built in some pretty "backwater" facilities... compared to what we as americans might be used to... We have to understand that this is the very nature of the beast we so love and cherish... it means it is forged from the rough components that make an AK so remarkable to begin with!

If we wanted CNC machined, 10 thousandth of an inch tolerances... we would have bought something else...

We wanted a gun we arent afraid to drop in a mud puddle, run over with a truck, bang it off on a stump and load and fire without any fear of any problems!

Yes... once in a while one needs some attention... it is a little arrogant and needs to be knocked down a peg... it needs to have its owner make it his bitch! Then it will know its place, and NEVER AGAIN fail to be on the ready from that moment on!

Thats what the OP needed to do... and once he did... he wasnt left with a DEATHTRAP... or a FAULTY malfunctioning firearm... he had a SAIGA .308 that is ready and ABLE to kill virtually ANY living creature on this planet! Especially with a 20 round mag or two!! LOL :up:

Fear not about our "attitudes"... we are ready to step on the dick of the dork who comes in here trolling... but we will always be brothers in arms to the rest that care to share in all things that are Saiga! :lol:

:smoke:

Now that the thread has calmed down:

hammer_up.jpg

hammer_down.jpg

Yes. the area on the hammer that is circled in the bottom picture was rough and causing the hangup. I seemed like it was more due to the finish than rough steel. If you look closely at the lip, you can see how it is lighter color due to normal wear. I was hesitant to manually debur it, since it looks like a piece that could get FUBAR'd easily with a file. Dry cycling the bolt numerous (and I mean numerous) times did the trick and removed the gunk - works great now!

Circling back, I want to thank those who have commented and provided input and support on the issue. I may be a newbie here, but I'm not "tender" by no means - ranting pussies won't scare me away. If they want to bitch and complain, let them - that's what the free world is about. We're just as free to either ignore them, laugh at them, or pummel them with decorative verbage as well. Mostly, we need to correct them so that others don't get bad info. We all just have to keep on being free. Which is why I bought my rifle in the first place...

Circling back, I want to thank those who have commented and provided input and support on the issue. I may be a newbie here, but I'm not "tender" by no means - ranting pussies won't scare me away. If they want to bitch and complain, let them - that's what the free world is about. We're just as free to either ignore them, laugh at them, or pummel them with decorative verbage as well. Mostly, we need to correct them so that others don't get bad info. We all just have to keep on being free. Which is why I bought my rifle in the first place...

You're gonna fit in just fine.

Welcome to the party!