Dang my drum doesn't work well with Remington Slugger packs

I tried running some Remington slugger packs through my drum today. I got a few ftf's unfortunately. I wonder if the stronger spring will do the trick. I had it at the factory setting as far as tension. I'd kinda like to not have to mess with adjusting it if possible for different shell types within reason.

It has run 100% with low brass birdshot.

I

I fit it to one Saiga 12 I have. It wasn't locking into the other Saiga I own very well. If you put forward pressure on it while seating it could go in but pretty tight. So after looking at it I decided to do a little more on the A adjustment. Well that barely made a difference if at all. I think the mag well on my second Saiga is a little more narrow in the front after further inspection. Now it will rock slightly forward and backward in the original one I fitted it for, and barely at all in the second Saiga. It fits tighter than any of my factory or AGP mags in both Saigas. Still I hope the slight rocking in one of them will not do any harm over the long term. It's nothing major but it is noticeable when comparing it to the fit in the second one.

I have a second drum but I don't plan on using it for now. I like to have backup mags should one break.

I tried running some Remington slugger packs through my drum today. I got a few ftf's unfortunately. I wonder if the stronger spring will do the trick. I had it at the factory setting as far as tension. I'd kinda like to not have to mess with adjusting it if possible for different shell types within reason.

It has run 100% with low brass birdshot.

I

I fit it to one Saiga 12 I have. It wasn't locking into the other Saiga I own very well. If you put forward pressure on it while seating it could go in but pretty tight. So after looking at it I decided to do a little more on the A adjustment. Well that barely made a difference if at all. I think the mag well on my second Saiga is a little more narrow in the front after further inspection. Now it will rock slightly forward and backward in the original one I fitted it for, and barely at all in the second Saiga. It fits tighter than any of my factory or AGP mags in both Saigas. Still I hope the slight rocking in one of them will not do any harm over the long term. It's nothing major but it is noticeable when comparing it to the fit in the second one.

I have a second drum but I don't plan on using it for now. I like to have backup mags should one break.

I have tested these drums with a loose fit and they will be alright. Tighter is better but you r drum will still last you a life time reguardless, and your kids too.

The sluggers is one of the ammos mentioned in the ammo section and in the User's Guide. The new spring I'll be sending out will clean them right up!

Also... I highly doubt you are going to break a drum (an MD-20 at least)!!! Watch my torture videos. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry270245