Great loading data for 12 gauge

I have been reloading many years and about 1 1/2 months ago got a Saiga 12 so I figured I would make a good GP load for it, I hit home this weekend. The best load weather it be bird shot, any buck shot, even lymans sabots (I pour my own) and smooth bore slug, I have gotten consistantly proven groups, very simple recipie.

Winn AA hulls

Winn 209 primers

24 grains Universal Clays this is important, Universal Clays has the perfect burn rate that I was trying to achive out of some 15 or 16 odd powders I tried.

WA112 wads

1 1/8 oz shot or 9 pellets 00 buck and so on

your gas setting will be on 1

After I was done and thought I found the load, I loaded some 500 mixed Bird shot and my hand rolled 1 oz sabots I got incredibable patterns at 65 ft. and 2 1/2" groups on the sabots at 50 yds.

I hope this will help some of you shotshell reloaders save time and money,

Turkey Slayer

Edited by Turkey Slayer
I have been reloading many years and about 1 1/2 months ago got a Saiga 12 so I figured i would make a good GP load for it, I hit home this weekend. The best load weather it be bird shot, any buck shot, even lymans sabots (I pour my own) and smooth bore slug I have gotten consistantly proven groups, very simple recipie.

Winn AA hulls

Winn 209 primers

24 grains Universal Clays this is important, Universal Clays has the perfect burn rate that I was achiving out of some 15 or 16 odd powders I tried

WA112 wads

After I was done and thought I found the load I loaded som 500 mixed Bird shot to my hand rooled 1 oz sabots I got incredibable patterns at 65 ft. and 21/2" groups on the sabots at 50 yds.

Turkey Slayer

I was running 1 1/4 oz loads but they have problems in the drums so I was going to drop to 1 1/8. thanks for the recipe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have been reloading many years and about 1 1/2 months ago got a Saiga 12 so I figured I would make a good GP load for it, I hit home this weekend. The best load weather it be bird shot, any buck shot, even lymans sabots (I pour my own) and smooth bore slug, I have gotten consistantly proven groups, very simple recipie.

Winn AA hulls

Winn 209 primers

24 grains Universal Clays this is important, Universal Clays has the perfect burn rate that I was trying to achive out of some 15 or 16 odd powders I tried.

WA112 wads

After I was done and thought I found the load, I loaded some 500 mixed Bird shot and my hand rolled 1 oz sabots I got incredibable patterns at 65 ft. and 2 1/2" groups on the sabots at 50 yds.

Turkey Slayer

Where do you buy the wad? I can't find them anywhere online. :eek:

Are you talking about the WAA12 from Midway? Midway WAA12 wad

• 4 weeks later...

Winn AA hulls

Winn 209 primers

WA112 wads

Turkey Slayer

I am gearing up to do some reloading of buck and slugs for my Saiga, I am thinking about the Lyman 525 sabot mold, is this the one that you used?