Well I took my Saiga x39 conversion that I got from classic arms out today and well I would have to say my 200$ Norinco is alot more fun to target shoot and plink around with especially at a distance. The first 8 shots I guess the trigger needed to break in cause it wouuld not come back after you shot it. After that though is was like butter. I am a tall guy and the tapco standard akstock was way to small making the rifle real hard to aim. I put my original stock on when I got home and it felt a 100 times better. Now I guess I can only run American mags to keep it within 922r. The range is next weekend and I will try to dial it in a little more. I am looking for a more comfortable pistol grip cause the tapco standard grip is not all that great. The adjustable stock is coming as well. I am kinda kicking myself in the ass for not spending the xtra 20 bucks for those things already installed. i am still really new to the fire arm thing so bear with me.

If you have a new PG FCG, pistol grip and an american forgrip that is 5 or more US parts which is enough to use non-US mags.

Sorry for the ignorance but what is a PG FCG and where could I find one on the internet to do la little research. Also where can I find a american forgrip. Thanx for the help and info.

If you have a new PG FCG, pistol grip and an American forgrip that is 5 or more US parts which is enough to use non-US mags.

Sorry for the ignorance but what is a PG FCG and where could I find one on the internet to do la little research. Also where can I find a american forgrip. Thanx for the help and info.

Sorry for the accronyms, by definition it's not ignorance if you've never been offered the chance to know...

Fire Control Group

Pistol Grip

The fire control group for PG converted guns usually counts and 3 US parts, the pistol grip 1 US part and the hand guard is 1 part. That leaves you with at most (depends on the gun having either 13 or 14 total, which yours has 14) 9 foreign parts, Which makes you compliant even with foreign mags and buttstock.

Very good break down here: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=18530

Edited by Fixer
If you have a new PG FCG, pistol grip and an American forgrip that is 5 or more US parts which is enough to use non-US mags.

Sorry for the accronyms, by definition it's not ignorance if you've never been offered the chance to know...

Fire Control Group

Pistol Grip

The fire control group for PG converted guns usually counts and 3 US parts, the pistol grip 1 US part and the hand guard is 1 part. That leaves you with at most (depends on the gun having either 13 or 14 total, which yours has 14) 9 foreign parts, Which makes you compliant even with foreign mags and buttstock.

Very good break down here: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=18530

The rifle did come with a Tapco G2 trigger.