2009 Steel City Tactical Rifle Championship

For your planning purposes:

The 2009 Steel City Tactical Rifle Championship will be held on the weekend of May 30th and 31st at Steel City Range in Birmingham, AL. I met with the range board last night and it looks like they will approve the use of the range for an extra day and also will allow us to utilize several of the other large deep bays for this year's big match.

Like last year, the match will have a one day format, the shooters can pre-register to shoot either Saturday May 30th or Sunday May 31st. We'll cap pre-registration at 150 (75 per day) which will allow us to add an extra stage or two over last year. It'll be a fun, full day of rifle shooting.

Look for registration details in the Dec-Jan timeframe. I'll post more information at that time. The match was a ton of fun last year, we had over 100 shooters and it filled up several weeks out. The two day format should allow us to accommodate more shooters. The match fee might be a little higher than last year ($50) due to us using the entire range, but will be very reasonable, designed just to cover expenses. Sponsors were generous last year and I'll keep you posted on what we get to give away this year.

Information about the match and range can be found on the Steel City website (www.scssa.org) or send me an e-mail or PM. The May match will be the "biggie" for 2009. As most of you know, we hold a standard tac rifle match on months with a 5th Saturday. The next two will be the last Saturdays in November '08 and January '09. Hope to see you in Birmingham for some rifle blastin' soon.

Thanks,

Dave Tapp

Spoon

Edited by thereisnospoon