What Is The Best Cheapest Mod

I think that happens because the Saigas eject quite forcefully, and the empty cases tend to get dinged up on the edge of the receiver cover on the way out. I believe some people have put some sort of rubber strip on the area where the empty cases hit to alleviate the problem. Someone else may chime in with more details. Many people use steel case ammo in their Saigas, so it really isn't an issue for them.

...Someone else may chime in with more details...

I think some folks have had success with sliding a little piece of automobile door edge protector strip on the action cover, where the empty cases hit on the way out. I've been meaning to try it myself, but have been just too dang busy with other (non-Saiga-related) things the last 12 months.

FWIW...

I can do to my Saiga to get rid of the dent it puts in every ejected empty case. I want to reload them, but won't with that big crease it's putting in them.

The door trim works. It was not my idea but here is my post on the fix. After the glue dried, it cleaned up well and is not very noticable.

Check out the link.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry231125