That's effin slick!

I've seen mags with that skull marking before. Are they sold like that, or is it some kind of stencil you can buy?

They were probably my mags. I found that image through a google image search. Got the skull of the website for some Irish pub. At first, I cut the stencils out by hand, but recently had a guy make some for me. I can send you the image if you'd like.

That's effin slick!

I've seen mags with that skull marking before. Are they sold like that, or is it some kind of stencil you can buy?

They were probably my mags. I found that image through a google image search. Got the skull of the website for some Irish pub. At first, I cut the stencils out by hand, but recently had a guy make some for me. I can send you the image if you'd like.

It'd be much appreciated :D .

I'll PM you my email address.

Thanks.

Thats a work of art my friend!

Thank you sir. I take that as a particularly nice compliment given my admiration for your Saiga 12 products. I currently have one of your quad rails. Once I get my S12 back from gunfixr, I plan to put your quadrail on it and do a similar Duracoat job on it. Thanks again for the kind words.

• 1 month later...
Very nice. Have you had a chance to shoot it much?

Thanks. Yep, I have about 1,500 rounds through the OD green one and about 400 through the German Olive Gray one. I had an issue with the ejector on the OD one, but a simple fix and they've both run flawlessly ever since.

Gr8Santini,

I am in the market for an XCR, but am little nervous about taking the plunge, mostly because of the negativity you hear on the boards. Did you buy them from a local dealer or get them straight from Robarms? Know anybody that has them in stock or coming in soon? What is your overall impression of the gun compared to AR15's? I have both AK's and AR's, but the one that got away was Daewoo K2 that I traded for a CAR in 89'(off brand-stupid me???) Just interested to hear it from

some of the XCR owners. BTW, thought I saw some of your pics on the XCR board. Ive been lurking over there for a day or two.

Thanks,

Highspeed

Very nice. Have you had a chance to shoot it much?

Thanks. Yep, I have about 1,500 rounds through the OD green one and about 400 through the German Olive Gray one. I had an issue with the ejector on the OD one, but a simple fix and they've both run flawlessly ever since.

Gr8Santini,

I am in the market for an XCR, but am little nervous about taking the plunge, mostly because of the negativity you hear on the boards. Did you buy them from a local dealer or get them straight from Robarms? Know anybody that has them in stock or coming in soon? What is your overall impression of the gun compared to AR15's? I have both AK's and AR's, but the one that got away was Daewoo K2 that I traded for a CAR in 89'(off brand-stupid me???) Just interested to hear it from

some of the XCR owners. BTW, thought I saw some of your pics on the XCR board. Ive been lurking over there for a day or two.

Thanks,

Highspeed

I'm glad you've been on the xcr forums, there's a lot of good info there. I would recommend the XCR to anyone based on my personal experiences with it. I bought my first one through AIM surplus, and the second one from Roy Mcginnis. Roy is great to deal with. There's a tacked thread about him on the xcr forum.

Most AR shooters who shoot my XCR say "wow, that thing shoots smooth". I don't know how to describe that other than to say that the recoil feels lighter (not that an AR kicks much) and smoother. I love the left side charging handle, and the ambidextrous bolt release that can be manipulated by the fingers of your trigger hand. I plan to get a 6.5 Grendel kit for mine once they're released.

Sign up for the forum. There's lots of helpful people there to answer any questions you have.

Gr8Santini,

Thanks,

Highspeed

I'm glad you've been on the xcr forums, there's a lot of good info there. I would recommend the XCR to anyone based on my personal experiences with it. I bought my first one through AIM surplus, and the second one from Roy Mcginnis. Roy is great to deal with. There's a tacked thread about him on the xcr forum.

Most AR shooters who shoot my XCR say "wow, that thing shoots smooth". I don't know how to describe that other than to say that the recoil feels lighter (not that an AR kicks much) and smoother. I love the left side charging handle, and the ambidextrous bolt release that can be manipulated by the fingers of your trigger hand. I plan to get a 6.5 Grendel kit for mine once they're released.

Sign up for the forum. There's lots of helpful people there to answer any questions you have.

GR8,

Just so happened on the post about Roy today, saw your post there too. I got hold of him and he is looking into pricing and availability for me. Seems like and great guy and well informed. I will know more in the next couple of days. Thanks for the

follow up post. I am moving this direction due to the probable delays on the Bushmaster ACR and I think the SCAR is just too dang expensive.

Highspeed

Edited by highspeed
  • 4 weeks later...